• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

bnet is up, kinda

just had a 4v4 where 2 peopel dropped from hte other team immediately. the other 6 of us were talkative and friendly trash talk was goign on, then once they drop one of our teammates drops, so were talkign about how its getting more fair, then immediately another one of our teammates drop, and its 2v2

2v2, each player with 2 bases/races is a shit-ton of fun game to play.

clav

Wow experienced a crash today that the game froze and the sound kept stuttering playing the last 0.2 seconds over and over again.

Blizzard your game is buggy as shit. Only optimized for dual cores, not quad.

claviertekky said:
WoW experienced a crash today that the game froze and the sound kept stuttering playing the last 0.2 seconds over and over again.

Yea, quit playing that POS and play some SC II :p

mcrae

claviertekky said:
Wow experienced a crash today that the game froze and the sound kept stuttering playing the last 0.2 seconds over and over again.

buggy as shit? hell no

clav

Awesome Animals said:
Yea, quit playing that POS and play some SC II :p
Heh, you know what I meant.

mcrae said:
buggy as shit? hell no

The beta had some patches that chewed more CPU cycles than usual. I feel like the latest one is one of those.

Edit: On a related note, it may also be a side effect of me upping the FSB to 333. I'm going to turn it down to 300 again. Maybe, I need a new processor on this thing (E2180 OC to 3.00 GHz).

Elcheris

Neo Member
Dear Outlaw

PM me a time that you wish to be coached at, I should be available most times coming up this weekend/week. Hopefully we can determine the source of your problems and turn you into a noobie eating machine!

zlatko

Banned
Elcheris said:
Dear Outlaw

PM me a time that you wish to be coached at, I should be available most times coming up this weekend/week. Hopefully we can determine the source of your problems and turn you into a noobie eating machine!

Do you play Z P or T? I'd like to get better at T or Z. My Z is better than my T by a lot, because I can keep my money low, keep adding on drones, expand as much as possible, scout to make the right units, etc. With T I can't manage all the economy fast enough, am not sure when to expand and when to add on structures or how many... oh and I suck at ever pushing out at the right times to harass my opponents.

Elcheris

Neo Member
zlatko said:
Do you play Z P or T? I'd like to get better at T or Z. My Z is better than my T by a lot, because I can keep my money low, keep adding on drones, expand as much as possible, scout to make the right units, etc. With T I can't manage all the economy fast enough, am not sure when to expand and when to add on structures or how many... oh and I suck at ever pushing out at the right times to harass my opponents.

I play zerg about 99% more than the other races. If you wanted to learn terran I think splinter would be better at helping you. So yeah...just let me know or catch me in game if you want me to see a few of your games and give you some tips!

mcrae

you know what is awesome?

how earlier tonight i got into a zvz and wasnt sure what to do on scrap station when i saw opponent going roaches, so i spoke up in mumble and someone said i gotta go roaches too, and mentioned how they assumed i already had my natural.. which i didnt... so i got roaches and natural and hey the game ended in a base trade that i was on the losing end of, but the instant go-to resource was nice.

Tntnnbltn

http://www.nasl.tv/

5va1t.jpg

It's not a bad site really, might need a proofreaderas I saw a couple of spelling errors in the couple of player profiles I flicked through but overall I think it's an improvement over everything else they have put out so far.

twofold

Someone needs to go around and kick the asses of all the designers who put together these awful esports websites. They're clunky, ugly and poorly designed. The ESL site is the worst offender - what a clusterfuck that website is.

The TSL3 site is easily the best one I've seen yet. It's clean, simple to navigate and looks good.

The NASL site isn't too bad, but it looks very generic. It has no identity to call it's own.

Haunted

ooh the TSL3 site is up

oooh the NASL site is up

I think they're both fine. They won't win any design awards but whatever, good enough.

edit: ok wow NASL needs to proofread some of their player profiles and correct some aspect ratio shenanigans on their profile pictures

You've got fucking Nada playing and this is how you present his player profile?

bvW94.png

C'mon guys.

Trickster

Been checking out the new nasl website. While it's not the prettiest site in the world ( they need to drop the grey and worn look asap ), it is however very content filled and does an incredinly awesome job of allowing people to easily find info on players, teams, standings, the schedule etc etc. Very pleasantly surprised by how good the site actually is. Just gotta change the grey and worn look to something more pleasing for the eyes.

While browsing the site however, I did stumble over the 2 interviews with grubby and sheth, the content of the interviews were fine imo. But the image were not exactly awesome. image quality looked low res and grainy. They definitely need better cameras for when the actually broadcast begins, especially since they are going with 1080p.

Morrow is probably thinking "fuck my life".

Tomorrow is the GSL WC final and after that we have both Dreamhack and the NASL.

Crazy times to be a fan of starcraft.

Deadman

Idra vs Huk potential final, that would be funny.

I had some good games today, probably as good as ive ever played. Did lose 1 game because i maxed on roach/hydra and couldnt get corruptors out to kill the collossi, that sucked.

Later on i did the panda style "a-move with large army, remax with over 100 zerglings" attack on a terran, it felt so good.

Finally made Diamond. It is glorious not having every game be a 6 ling attack or a base proxy pylon or proxy barracks. Love it.

Just like in WC3 Moon continues to be the most entertaining player for me to watch. Once he really gets SC2 down I think he could be the best.

scoobs said:
Ugh, i give up on 1v1s. I just can't compete with people, everyone is so freaking good now its ridiculous.

Make this your religion:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=195389

Jeff-DSA

I gotta get out of Silver.

I crushed a Platinum Zerg in a macro game, but I can't overcome the Silver cheesers with their 1 base all ins. I guess I'm just going to have to start going 3rax openings to mass early units like everybody else.

I know I should be holding this early cheese, I just keep refusing to play in a manner where I just expect it.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If you can't beat Silver cheese then you're not going to fair better in Gold/Plat.

Spl1nter

Jeff-DSA said:

I crushed a Platinum Zerg in a macro game, but I can't overcome the Silver cheesers with their 1 base all ins. I guess I'm just going to have to start going 3rax openings to mass early units like everybody else.

I know I should be holding this early cheese, I just keep refusing to play in a manner where I just expect it.

Your standard build order should be able to hold off cheese and beat players in a macro game. You should be able to adapt based on your scouting to win. If you can not hold off a silver player's cheese than you are not ready to play at the higher levels.

Won

Jeff-DSA said:

15 min no rush is the only true way to play. Plat+ players know that!

:p

zlatko

Banned
What are typical timings for a Zerg to expand? Say I go 14 gas, 14 pool as my standard opening. Also, in ZvZ, is the person who expands first usually the one who wins or is it the opposite ?

Spl1nter

zlatko said:
What are typical timings for a Zerg to expand? Say I go 14 gas, 14 pool as my standard opening.

19/21 supply

zlatko said:
Also, in ZvZ, is the person who expands first usually the one who wins or is it the opposite ?

No, there is a lot of one base play possible in zvz so if your opponent expands you can win with a strong all in.

Meeru said:
nasl has got to be the worst site ever made

It's ugly but content-wise it's looking good. I really like being able to look at match history, race and map stats under each player. I'm sure they won't stop development on the site either, they just need a good graphic designer to work on presentation.

zlatko

Banned
Spl1nter said:
19/21 supply

No, there is a lot of one base play possible in zvz so if your opponent expands you can win with a strong all in.

Okay that's what I thought. Is around 10 minutes the common time to grab a third ? Is around 90 drones when you want to stop making them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom