• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

Funday Monday tuned to Rebecca Black's Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU_ADVeuNkY

Speaking of which, Day[9]'s show begins soon.

hoverX said:
Question: i've got pretty slow load times in SC2 in both single player and multiplayer. I have a 2010 Macbook Pro i7 (2.66 Ghz dual core) 4 Gigs of memory and Nvidia Gefore GT 330M. If i up my ram to 8GB will i notice a difference?

Replace your hard drive. Look into SSDs or a 7200 rpm drive preferably with fewest # of platters and high cache.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
SSDs still cost too much for how often they can break! :/

I need a new pc case/psu sometime so I can handle more that a few things on my pc...

Corran Horn

Jesus 3k+ people at instantly at start of daily. Imagine if he marketed himself out there more like husky etc, he could be making tons of moneyz!

He is playing that song too lol

Corran Horn

jasonng said:
I only appreciate the talent and effort going into remaking the original starcraft campaign but I can't see how the maps would be remotely fun. On a side note, I totally forgot that Command Centers had addons in sc1.
Being able to play SC1 missions is not fun? Your lame!

jasonng

What confuses me is where the map maker draws the line for accuracy. He puts in the effort to give engineer bay the ability to lift off just like sc1 but the barracks can build medics? I much rather play a remake of sc1 campaign with sc2 mechanics.

mcrae

jasonng said:
What confuses me is where the map maker draws the line for accuracy. He puts in the effort to give engineer bay the ability to lift off just like sc1 but the barracks can build medics? I much rather play a remake of sc1 campaign with sc2 mechanics.
the barracks could make them in sc1 too, couldnt it? just required either an academy to be made?

i think inclusion of auto-repair is stupid.

cdyhybrid

Hmm Funday Monday is no Hydras, no Roaches, no Mutas, no Banelings, and only 12 Zerglings to secure expo. I'm thinking mass Queen/Infestor into Ultras.

cdyhybrid said:
Hmm Funday Monday is no Hydras, no Roaches, no Mutas, no Banelings, and only 12 Zerglings to secure expo. I'm thinking mass Queen/Infestor into Ultras.
6 pool and "secure expo" in opponents base.

Jeff-DSA

pieatorium said:
6 pool and "secure expo" in opponents base.

That happened to me. I was pissed to see the spine crawlers at the bottom of my ramp when I went to move out. It was back before I was able to expand so quickly and comfortably.

mcrae

cdyhybrid said:

as opposed to mass queen/infestor into broodlords? how deliciously creative of you

nilbog21

Banned
Ikuu said:
J

Sick of hearing his name, Reddit is filled with talk of him. I get the feeling that he'll fall away once people start to learn how to counter what he's doing, I'd be interested to see him try it on some real pros.

what? who is this? link

edit: just noticed its not in the quote. he is referring to spanishwa

Striek

theshizzle said:
so......when is grandmaster league comin out? =(
As said already out on SEA. Will be out whenever NA patches. I decided to try and get into GM since its not full yet.

iu1mA.jpg

I...I don't remember SEA being so easy. Most of these players have been terrible. Still probably won't make it in time, only 47 spots left :(

Haunted

Playing on SEA to get that shiny GM icon!? You're being a sneaky sneaky snake Striek!

TheThunder said:
Yeah, Haunted should roll back to 8-bit John Marston.

Whatever the hell Monkey Island in a dress thing he got going on is not cool.
:eek:

Guybrush in a dress has been in my avatar rotation forever.

jasonng

mcrae said:
the barracks could make them in sc1 too, couldnt it? just required either an academy to be made?

i think inclusion of auto-repair is stupid.
Medics came from brood war. The link was the second mission in the first Terran campaign.

Aylinato

Pandaman said:
well you have been playing on na alot.

lol, yea, against the Canadians, who haven't been defeated in any war(to my knowledge)

(also my avatar is smaller now =(

I wish I could make it longer(as artanis's portrait has more width than length)

Aylinato said:
lol, yea, against the Canadians, who haven't been defeated in any war(to my knowledge)

lulz...Canadian military.

I really hope Collosus get nerfed.....mainly because I play toss and hardly ever use them. Immortals 4 life.

Jeff-DSA

Well, I think I have my 4gate rush issues solved. My problem is that I was walling with two depots and a barracks. Now that I've started walling (against Protoss only) with two depots and a bunker, I'm doing much better. I generally do not like opening 3rax (two tech labs), but it crushes the 4gate and I'm actually able to transition fairly quickly afterwards.

I still think warp gate tech needs to be delayed a good minute.

Jeff-DSA said:
Well, I think I have my 4gate rush issues solved. My problem is that I was walling with two depots and a barracks. Now that I've started walling (against Protoss only) with two depots and a bunker, I'm doing much better. I generally do not like opening 3rax (two tech labs), but it crushes the 4gate and I'm actually able to transition fairly quickly afterwards.

The problem is that delaying warp-gate by a minute would make toss super vulnerable to rushes. I usually get warpgate completed in 4gate and 3gate/robo just before I get hit by early aggression on most maps.

ultron87

Jeff-DSA said:

This sounds like a good idea in general but there's been way too many times where I only get the units I need to survive early aggression because my warpgate just finished and I get an extra burst of 2 or 3 units.

I guess you could instead depend on chronoing your gateways to get the early units, but I don't know how that would work out with various timings.

Aylinato said:
no, it's a good thing, a growing community is always a positive thing

lol, I was just kidding around. I wouldn't give you guys that kind of pleasure
other kinds can be negotiated though. I need to make a living

Aylinato

ultron87 said:
This sounds like a good idea in general but there's been way too many times where I only get the units I need to survive early aggression because my warpgate just finished and I get an extra burst of 2 or 3 units.

I guess you could instead depend on chronoing your gateways to get the early units, but I don't know how that would work out with various timings.

6pool may destroy it completely then, as our gateway units would have to have a major buff(and that may be much more imbalanced)

V_Arnold

ultron87 said:

NOTHING stops you from pumping units out of the building called Gateways. There is a build time, just like with everyone else.

clav

From the latest update:

Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when players received an alert in-game while 3D portraits were turned on.

From a few days ago what I said about the current patch:

claviertekky said:
Wow experienced a crash today that the game froze and the sound kept stuttering playing the last 0.2 seconds over and over again.

Blizzard your game is buggy as shit. Only optimized for dual cores, not quad.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26980715&postcount=12755

Blizzard's never going to optimize this game for quad cores huh? The game is really heavy on the CPU cycles.

http://www.techspot.com/review/305-starcraft2-performance/page13.html

Deadly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom