• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striek

......I got six-pooled plus drone rushed on meta just now, close positions, scouted it after 9 pylon and still lost. Not enough minerals to wall off, stop drones from blocking wall/killing pylon and get a cannon up anywhere near in time. FML. I've held off six-pools before but the combination of close-positions + drones killed me. The guy is top 5 masters and all his recent BOs are six-pools.

Edit: In the 5mins since he beat me hes added another two wins by 6pooling other protosses who seem to have scouted it also (forge firsts). Lol.

Slavik81

So, GAF. It seems I'm out of practice. I've lost 9 of my last 10 matches.

How do I fix this?

I'm thinking I should start watching StarCraft again, for a start. Day9 and the GSL.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Slavik81 said:
So, GAF. It seems I'm out of practice. I've lost 9 of my last 10 matches.

How do I fix this?

I'm thinking I should start watching StarCraft again, for a start. Day9 and the GSL.
Isnt the biggest issue is that people are watching too much and not playing enough? :p

Boken

Banned
Gather your build orders and revise them... then practice! Not sure how much GSL and day9 can help you if you already played before.

Darklord

Banned
This game refuses to get me out of Bronze league. When the reset came I won my first game, went right into bronze. Won 6 more games, one against a masters league player(ok he dropped but...I won) and the only game I lost was against a platinum. Why am I still bronze? Like not even silver! I thought after the reset this shit would stop. What do I need to do to move forward?

Striek

You need to play more and continue winning. The system wants to make sure you're ready for promotion. If you got placed back into bronze after the reset that says you probably weren't even being considered for promotion based on last seasons results.

Winning 6-1 is ok, helps, but thats not many games. You need to get your MMR up and you need to keep it there for a little while so the system knows if it promotes you you wont just get dropped back down. If you keep winning at that rate it shouldn't take very long.

Darklord

Banned
Striek said:
If you got placed back into bronze after the reset that says you probably weren't even being considered for promotion based on last seasons results.

I was 1st in my division and was that by a large margin. Double almost. The problem is I can win easily against bronze but then the game starts pitting me against master and diamond league players who have 2000-3000 wins. I get slaughtered(obviously). Shouldn't it pit be against silver and gold players and if I beat them, I rank up?

Trickster

Darklord said:
I was 1st in my division and was that by a large margin. Double almost. The problem is I can win easily against bronze but then the game starts pitting me against master and diamond league players who have 2000-3000 wins. I get slaughtered(obviously). Shouldn't it pit be against silver and gold players and if I beat them, I rank up?

how many games have you played since ladder reset?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If you're getting matched against people in higher divisions consistently then you should get promoted if you're winning games, the system is still trying to figure out which league you belong in. Just keep playing and forget about the league you're in, if you get promoted after your next game you'll still be playing the same people.

Striek

Darklord said:
Being first in your division by a large margin is a very bad sign if you're looking to be promoted. It means the system has had a large amount of games to assess you and still doesn't think you're consistent enough to promote.

First in your division likely meant you just used more bonus pool than anyone else.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tomorrow the tournament in Sweden with Jinro, MC, Idra, HUK, TLO, Sjhow, Morrow and White-Ra starts... no thread about it? There's gonna be live streams.

Striek

My thoughts on that 4v4.... how the fuck did you play a 4v4 and NO ONE RUSHED??!??!

Magic.

Other than that...uhhh, lol scogoth build more SCVs, rocking 14 workers and 50-60 marines at one stage, and it was amusing how players on both sides set up bases beside their allies to distance mine because no one could lock down the far expansions.

Aylinato

Pandaman said:
mass more tier 1 units and gang up on less players.

tier 1 units counter tier 1 units, my goodness!

lol, vagabond(orange, terran, MMMV balls) kept killing my gold expo, as I kept going back and forth because of stalkers

I also enjoyed splinter having more than half the map creeped up

Panda, you should show us how to not build these non-tier 1 units you speak of

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
http://www.fantasystarcraft.net/node/add/nasl-team

I went with:

MC
Brat_Ok
SeleCT
KiWiKaKi
Socke
ClouD
Naniwa
DarkForce
HasuObs
Sheth
Open Tournament Winner

Some of the European players are so underrated, with people like Dimaga, Kas and DeMuslim in the open tournament (assuming they enter) then that player should be a good pick. Feeling pretty confident that MC will win the final if he qualifies.

Aylinato

my team shall prevail!

Presenting: Team Aylinato

Tyler
mOOnglade
TT1
KiWiKaKi
Drewbie
QXC
Socke
ClouD
KawaiiRice
Slush
Sheth
Open Tournament Winner
CatZ

Deadly

Striek said:
My thoughts on that 4v4.... how the fuck did you play a 4v4 and NO ONE RUSHED??!??!
Magic.
I KNOW! I'm always amazed how Aylinato and others in the channel say they mass vr'd/whatever their way into diamond 4v4. How do you never get rushed? I've never tried to mass vr myself but every single time somebody does it on my team, it never ever works.

zlatko

Banned
Striek said:
......I got six-pooled plus drone rushed on meta just now, close positions, scouted it after 9 pylon and still lost. Not enough minerals to wall off, stop drones from blocking wall/killing pylon and get a cannon up anywhere near in time. FML. I've held off six-pools before but the combination of close-positions + drones killed me. The guy is top 5 masters and all his recent BOs are six-pools.

Edit: In the 5mins since he beat me hes added another two wins by 6pooling other protosses who seem to have scouted it also (forge firsts). Lol.

Did he have the avatar of Queen of Blades? If you aren't Masters and you see that avatar you are going to get 6 pooled most likely. That's the first big tip off.

I've had the same thing happen in the last few days where they blindly 6 pool without any scouting, and my scout reaches their base last, but they find mine first. Sucks losing to random blind luck.

Aylinato

Deadly said:
I KNOW! I'm always amazed how Aylinato and others in the channel say they mass vr'd/whatever their way into diamond 4v4. How do you never get rushed? I've never tried to mass vr myself but every single time somebody does it on my team, it never ever works.

lol, if I see someone going mass voids I just bust their front door of cannons with zealots/stalkers

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Deadly said:
thats what the zerg player is for, to pull aggro and occupy the enemy.

Haunted

Player values are terrible, but what the hell, I take the cheap underrated European Protosses.

Select Players:
White-Ra
SeleCT
KiWiKaKi
Drewbie
Goody
Socke
ClouD
Naniwa
Axslav
KawaiiRice
HasuObs
Strelok
Sheth
Artosis

Tntnnbltn

Mass phoenix in 4v4 is so delicious when it kicks in. Absolutely delicious.

Needs ground support obviously, both when setting up and to deal with the thors that come as a response. But the micro is so fun, and once upgraded to 3-3 the enemy's shit absolutely melts.

Void rays? Gone.
Mutas? Gone.
Collosus? 1 shotted.
Battlecruisers? Gone.
Carriers? Gone.
Immortals? Gone.
Queens? Gone.
Seige line? Gone.
Mineral line? Gone.
Expo's mineral line? Gone.
SCV building a futile air turret? Gone.
Overlord stash? LOL.

If you have enough numbers, it even holds up against mass blink stalkers/hydras, especially when you co-ordinate with teammates so that they engage, then you come in from behind and pick up most of their army. Only thing really scary is flying into a bunch of thors or a corrupter ball of equal numbers to your phoenix.

Deadly

Tntnnbltn said:
Mass phoenix in 4v4 is so delicious when it kicks in. Absolutely delicious.

Needs ground support obviously, both when setting up and to deal with the thors that come as a response. But the micro is so fun, and once upgraded to 3-3 the enemy's shit absolutely melts.

Void rays? Gone.
Mutas? Gone.
Collosus? 1 shotted.
Battlecruisers? Gone.
Carriers? Gone.
Immortals? Gone.
Queens? Gone.
Seige line? Gone.
Mineral line? Gone.
Expo's mineral line? Gone.
SCV building a futile air turret? Gone.
Overlord stash? LOL.

If you have enough numbers, it even holds up against mass blink stalkers/hydras, especially when you co-ordinate with teammates so that they engage, then you come in from behind and pick up most of their army. Only thing really scary is flying into a bunch of thors or a corrupter ball of equal numbers to your phoenix.
I tried going mass phoenix once but by the time my ally engages to back me up, there's 3 armies on screen and it lags way too fuckin much to start microing :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom