• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelseph

Lord_Nergal said:
I'm having a hard time moving up to silver. :/

Me too! Few days back I was complaining about bottoming out in Bronze after coming back from a break. Now I am winning the majority of games but am stuck in the top 10 of my bronze league. Very frustrating!

Corran Horn said:
I hate how jtv handles ads now. Cant watch streams on phone. :/
Srsly. Annoying as fuck full-screen ads that pop up every time you close and have to go back to your home screen to do something quick.

scogoth

OmnipotentO said:
Srsly. Annoying as fuck full-screen ads that pop up every time you close and have to go back to your home screen to do something quick.

Watch the video linked in team liquid, no ads.

Jeff-DSA

I don't think I'll be calling Zerg players whiners anymore. I can't remember the last time I lost to one, and that includes some that way above me in their placement. I tore through some Platinum Zergs over the weekend, and it was nothing. I'll hear nothing of balance whining from Protoss though. I'm still struggling with my Protoss matchup, and that used to be my easiest.

syllogism

Tntnnbltn said:
Mass phoenix in 4v4 is so delicious when it kicks in. Absolutely delicious.

Needs ground support obviously, both when setting up and to deal with the thors that come as a response. But the micro is so fun, and once upgraded to 3-3 the enemy's shit absolutely melts.

Void rays? Gone.
Mutas? Gone.
Collosus? 1 shotted.
Battlecruisers? Gone.
Carriers? Gone.
Immortals? Gone.
Queens? Gone.
Seige line? Gone.
Mineral line? Gone.
Expo's mineral line? Gone.
SCV building a futile air turret? Gone.
Overlord stash? LOL.

If you have enough numbers, it even holds up against mass blink stalkers/hydras, especially when you co-ordinate with teammates so that they engage, then you come in from behind and pick up most of their army. Only thing really scary is flying into a bunch of thors or a corrupter ball of equal numbers to your phoenix.
Phonixes get destroyed by carriers and battlecruisers cost to cost or supply to supply at least

Q8D3vil

Ikuu said:
He quits teams all the time, and acts like a dick in general.
yeah, he is like idra + quitting teams all the time.
i don't see him quitting sixjax this time, they must have signed him with a contract (since they will be funding him to be become a full time pro gamer).
i'm excited to see him participate in some tournaments, his mechanic are very similar to mvp.

ultron87

Q8D3vil said:
idra seems pretty broken right now.
it seems he didn't even try playing with infestors.
i was watching jinro stream the other day and he got so pissed off and called them imba XD

Idragollum.jpg

Haunted

Daaamn, why did no one tell me about this Spanishiwa guy?

Mass Queens
Burrowed Infestors
Contaminate

Such cool builds.

My new favourite Zerg player? His games look damn inspiring next to someone like Idra.

Haunted said:

Mass Queens
Burrowed Infestors
Contaminate

Solid macro and great micro.

My new favourite Zerg player? His games look damn inspiring next to someone like Idra.

Did you see his ZvZ practice games against Destiny? Straight up the most interesting ZvZ I've ever seen.

Jeff-DSA

Idra is interesting. He's so salty all the time, but he's so stubborn in his builds. One of the key aspects to approving in this game is checking your replays for reasons you lost and then adapting. It seems that Idra wants the game to adapt to him.

I want Idra to do well because he's an American player, but his attitude irks me. So many other players deal with the "balance issues" by working their builds over to minimize their disadvantages, but he doesn't want to.

Ecto311

scogoth said:
Top 8 bronze in 3v3. I'm so proud....

Before the reset I was in the top 2 of my bronze in 3v3. I liked 3v3 at first because it gave me 2 people to blame when we lost. I also got to tweak my play and if we lost then fuck it- their fault.

Since then I play one or two to get warmed up. I along with 2 other people beat anything from gold to plat and never move out of bronze.

All of this is random - no set teams so I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it feels like moving out of random team games might take longer. Also what sucks is you start the game - they are favoured - then you win expecting bonus points and it says you were favoured. Still don't understand what the fuck goes on in the matchmaking and how that happens.

Haunted

ksan said:
Interviews before DH invitational:
Jinro
He's speaking in tongues!

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Did you see his ZvZ practice games against Destiny? Straight up the most interesting ZvZ I've ever seen.
Any vods of these available?

I'm tracking down Spanishiwa casts on CricketStarcraft's youtube channel right now. :p

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Q8D3vil said:
idra seems pretty broken right now.
it seems he didn't even try playing with infestors.
i was watching jinro stream the other day and he got so pissed off and called them imba XD
Incontrol hit the nail so hard like 2 weeks ago about idra :/

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Just won a crazy 4v4 single handily with Broodlord Infestor, shame it was Bronze =( Speaking of Brood/Infestor, saw DarkForce absolutely murder a Protoss with it earlier.
Haunted said:
Sick of hearing his name, Reddit is filled with talk of him. I get the feeling that he'll fall away once people start to learn how to counter what he's doing, I'd be interested to see him try it on some real pros.

ksan

Haunted said:
He's speaking in tongues!
Hahah, sorry, I watched that a bit earlier and then watched the other ones in English a bit later and completely forgot about it :D
Ikuu said:
Sick of hearing his name, Reddit is filled with talk of him. I get the feeling that he'll fall away once people start to learn how to counter what he's doing, I'd be interested to see him try it on some real pros.
He's pretty good though. The problem is that when people recognize his name and/or the build they'll start cutting corners in their own builds to get slight macro advantages and win with that if they are as good as him. The great thing his build is very safe and very good for learning match ups for zerg.

Haunted

Ikuu said:
Just won a crazy 4v4 single handily with Broodlord Infestor, shame it was Bronze =( Speaking of Brood/Infestor, saw DarkForce absolutely murder a Protoss with it earlier.

You're sick of hearing his name, I first learned of his existence an hour ago! :p

All I can say is that I really really like his build and mid- lategame army compostition.

Jeff-DSA said:
I don't think I'll be calling Zerg players whiners anymore. I can't remember the last time I lost to one, and that includes some that way above me in their placement. I tore through some Platinum Zergs over the weekend, and it was nothing. I'll hear nothing of balance whining from Protoss though. I'm still struggling with my Protoss matchup, and that used to be my easiest.

Just wait till you lose to a few 6 pools ;).

hoverX

Question: i've got pretty slow load times in SC2 in both single player and multiplayer. I have a 2010 Macbook Pro i7 (2.66 Ghz dual core) 4 Gigs of memory and Nvidia Gefore GT 330M. If i up my ram to 8GB will i notice a difference?

Ecto311

hoverX said:
Question: i've got pretty slow load times in SC2 in both single player and multiplayer. I have a 2010 Macbook Pro i7 (2.66 Ghz dual core) 4 Gigs of memory and Nvidia Gefore GT 330M. If i up my ram to 8GB will i notice a difference?
I moved the game to my ssd and it did a bit for startup but games load slow due to Internet connection I think. I also have 4gig but an i5 2500k - single player is fast though so that's what leads me to think its an connection thing.

Haunted

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Thanks! I've also found them on sc2casts.com (so handy).

And speaking of which, oh man I just watched him beat dde and LzGamer with Ultra Infestor Bling, as well as Cruncher with Mass Queen Ling and Nydus.

So entertaining. :lol

Spl1nter

hoverX said:

no. its your harddrive being slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom