• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Core Zero

Hello SC2 GAF!

Just Delurking and saying hi from the depths of the Bronze league.

Haven't gotten to play nearly enough, but hopefully that will be changing.

If you see "Coro" in the chat channel, that's me. I'm mostly harmless.

Cirruss

EU server here, Started Playing SC2 properly again over the weekend, last time I played it was a couple of months after its release.

Did my placement match and it ended up placing me in Platinum even though I was only Gold last season. I start to lose a few games and get knocked back down to gold. On top of that i decide that i'm sick of playing Protoss and decide I want to play as Zerg from now on. Cue getting beaten down through the ranks all the way to Bronze league. Finally hit rock bottom but I think some stuff is finally starting to click with me so I might be able to drag myself back up in the next few day hopefully.

Ecto311

Not gong to be around for tonight's games so someone lose a few and suck at the custom games.. No one will even know I'm gone. Watching nasl.

zlatko

Banned
goldleague.png

Played for 9 hours straight today. Had some super frustrating losses, but all around had more wins that I was satisfied with.

I really want to step it up now with getting better so I don't go on a mass losing spree since I'm more likely to be fighting plat/diamond folks.

My core mechanics are still rusty, and my build orders that I know need fine tuning. I'm still having issues on knowing when to go in for a kill. I gets scurred easily. :(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
zlatko said:
goldleague.png

Played for 9 hours straight today. Had some super frustrating losses, but all around had more wins that I was satisfied with.

I really want to step it up now with getting better so I don't go on a mass losing spree since I'm more likely to be fighting plat/diamond folks.

My core mechanics are still rusty, and my build orders that I know need fine tuning. I'm still having issues on knowing when to go in for a kill. I gets scurred easily. :(

major props.

one day I will start playng again i promise :(

i think i will change to protoss tho

Zzoram

I keep playing random because I want the achievement icons but I know I'll never get them all. Maybe I should just concede and pick Terran or Zerg. Then I can stop sucking and get better.

HolyCheck

Zzoram said:
I keep playing random because I want the achievement icons but I know I'll never get them all. Maybe I should just concede and pick Terran or Zerg. Then I can stop sucking and get better.

you could just pick protoss and stop sucking?

zlatko

Banned
HolyCheck said:
major props.

one day I will start playng again i promise :(

i think i will change to protoss tho

Why not just play? The game is fun. Sure it sucks when you lose a couple in a row, but power through it. I'm nowhere near feeling like a gold league player, and in fact I feel a lot of gold/silver/bronze honestly play at the same level, and the major differences between the 3 is just more knowledge gained from play time. All 3 leagues go for basic builds for each race you've seen a million times and this gives you great practice in being able to scout it, counter it, and macro up behind it.

It's tough to get a lot of macro games out of these leagues since so many T and P just want to do 1 base pushes. Zergs expand---they just have to lol.

Just play. Stop being a panzy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=208343

Edit: I also do not approve of your new avatar. :(

HolyCheck

zlatko said:
Why not just play? The game is fun. Sure it sucks when you lose a couple in a row, but power through it. I'm nowhere near feeling like a gold league player, and in fact I feel a lot of gold/silver/bronze honestly play at the same level, and the major differences between the 3 is just more knowledge gained from play time. All 3 leagues go for basic builds for each race you've seen a million times and this gives you great practice in being able to scout it, counter it, and macro up behind it.

It's tough to get a lot of macro games out of these leagues since so many T and P just want to do 1 base pushes. Zergs expand---they just have to lol.

Just play. Stop being a panzy.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=208343

Edit: I also do not approve of your new avatar. :(

lmao, it was custom drawn for me!

main reasons i don't play : I dont have a mouse, my laptop overheats if a starcraft 2 game goes for more than 25 minutes.

:(

zlatko

Banned
HolyCheck said:
lmao, it was custom drawn for me!

main reasons i don't play : I dont have a mouse, my laptop overheats if a starcraft 2 game goes for more than 25 minutes.

:(

Mouses are $5.00-$10.00. Mine costs 6 bucks I think.

Buy a gaming PC. The Witcher 2, Battlefield 3, and plenty more to justify the purchase other than just getting to play SC2.

HolyCheck

zlatko said:
Mouses are $5.00-$10.00. Mine costs 6 bucks I think.

Buy a gaming PC. The Witcher 2, Battlefield 3, and plenty more to justify the purchase other than just getting to play SC2.

Can't afford the mouse let alone the PC lol, about to move city and job soon and am flat broke ;_;

SOON I PROMISE.

zlatko

Banned
HolyCheck said:
Can't afford the mouse let alone the PC lol, about to move city and job soon and am flat broke ;_;

SOON I PROMISE.

Become a drug dealer. :)

Edit: I'll keep pestering you as time unfolds so you stay true to your word.

In the mean time you could always take that 25 minutes you get to play against Gaffers or practice/fine tune your macro against the computer while you chat with Gaf. It's better than nothing, and honestly playing with Gaf tends to be 100X funner and harder than just ladder. :)

Cohsae

Every time you 4 warpgate rush in PvP God dips a million puppies in acid. Kittens too. Kittens that were licking the puppies.
What I'm trying to say is PvP makes me want to beg for death.

Jeff-DSA

Cohsae said:
Every time you 4 warpgate rush in PvP God dips a million puppies in acid. Kittens too. Kittens that were licking the puppies.

It's obnoxious in any matchup, really.

Cohsae said:

I quite like early game PvP.. I usually go defensive 'eco' 4-gate, and I only have my terrible micro to blame if I lose to an aggressive 4-gate. It's simple, brutal and unforgiving.. if I was only playing PvP it would get boring but it's a nice contrast to the other match-ups.

Yaweee

Cohsae said:

Honestly, its stupidity was one of the reasons I stopped doing 1v1 ladder.

jasonng

I've become much more efficient with scouting throughout the match.
Yes, both splinter and panda coached me
. I'm definitely an improvement from last season. Despite all that though I'm still extremely passive midgame. Most times I realize that my army surpasses his but I get so scared of losing my army. It's happened multiple times where I lose from a smaller army hence my hesitation to push out. Not exactly sure how I'll grow the sac to start being more aggressive instead of stomping him late game with a 200 supply army.

scogoth

Cohsae said:

How to beat a 4-gate in PvP
10: Gate
10: Gate
10: Zealot *chrono
12: Zealot *chrono
14: Zealot *chrono
16: Pylon
16: Zealot *chrono
18: Zealot

Spl1nter

jasonng said:
I've become much more efficient with scouting throughout the match.
Yes, both splinter and panda coached me
. I'm definitely an improvement from last season. Despite all that though I'm still extremely passive midgame. Most times I realize that my army surpasses his but I get so scared of losing my army. It's happened multiple times where I lose from a smaller army hence my hesitation to push out. Not exactly sure how I'll grow the sac to start being more aggressive instead of stomping him late game with a 200 supply army.

Its hard to not be passive. You still do not have the macro to play at the level you want to, so you are forced to over focus on the macro aspect of the game, rightly so.

My terran play has been extremely passive however its now starting to become more aggressive as I am adjusting to the terran macro mechanics and gaining experience with the race.

scogoth

ultron87 said:
Unless they like scout it or something.
Unless they 6 scout doesn't matter if they do the usual 9 pylon scout by the time they get to you and something is up its over. Even then you can proxy the gates to make the scout that much less effective. On xel'naga this may not work but on the larger maps its deadly.

ultron87

scogoth said:
Unless they 6 scout doesn't matter if they do the usual 9 pylon scout by the time they get to you and something is up its over. Even then you can proxy the gates to make the scout that much less effective. On xel'naga this may not work but on the larger maps its deadly.

Ah, so a 2-gate is unbeatable with normal scouting patterns. Got it.

Someone complaining about 4-gate isn't just mad about that particular build, they are mad that 75 percent of PvP games never get past the 8 minute mark. Recommending an all-in cheese build that ends the game even quicker is a pretty asinine suggestion.

Might as well add that cannon rushes and six pools are also counters to four gate.

scogoth

ultron87 said:

Someone complaining about 4-gate isn't just mad about that particular build, they are mad that 75 percent of PvP games never get past the 8 minute mark. Recommending an all-in cheese build that ends the game even quicker is a pretty asinine suggestion.

Might as well add that cannon rushes and six pools are also counters to four gate.

No they're not, I went 4 gate in pvp and he cannon rushed me just moved all my workers and expanded to his natural with warp gate already researched, moved my 2 zealots into his mineral line, re-4gated in my new base, then won.

And with 4 gating zerg its easy to hold 6 pool with just probes.

You want past 8 minute mark in PvP? Build a ton of sentries and then one base colossus. FF imba that way.

Cheeto

ultron87 said:

Nah thats not the end of it either... because if the game does go past 8 minutes they'll complain that its just a matter of who has more collossi in the war of the worlds battle.

scogoth

Cheeto said:
Nah thats not the end of it either... because if the game does go past 8 minutes they'll complain that its just a matter of who has more collossi in the war of the worlds battle.

Basically PvP is the worst matchup. Period.

scogoth

Trickster said:
ZvZ

oops, meant ZzZ

ZvZ can be interesting, at least you see some decent micro going on most of the time. PvP is oops I misclicked that probe to the wrong mineral patch therefore your 4gate is going to be stronger I lose.

Deadman

zvz is fun, you just have to survive/ignore the baneling phase. Then its a nice macro match with roach/hydra and eventually infestor.

Usually i go double evo chamber and attack at 2/2. Most seem to only get 2 attack and ignore armour, so you can roll them easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom