• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

scogoth said:
ZvZ can be interesting, at least you see some decent micro going on most of the time. PvP is oops I misclicked that probe to the wrong mineral patch therefore your 4gate is going to be stronger I lose.

Wait wait wait, ZvZ requires good micro, but PvP don't? you're serious ?

jasonng

Most definitely, lose too many zerglings early on and you'd be behind economically. You'll need to waste more larve on lings instead of drones.

scogoth

Trickster said:
Wait wait wait, ZvZ requires good micro, but PvP don't? you're serious ?

Never said PvP doesn't require micro, and ZvZ definitely requires better micro then PvP.

Oh no I have to make sure my zealots are out in front, then I have to click the units with no shields and pull them back.......

I'm a protoss player and I agree with all the zergs that toss is easy win mode.

Trickster

scogoth said:
Never said PvP doesn't require micro, and ZvZ definitely requires better micro then PvP.

Oh no I have to make sure my zealots are out in front, then I have to click the units with no shields and pull them back.......

I'm a protoss player and I agree with all the zergs that toss is easy win mode.

I dunno about you, but when I play pvp and 4gate, I very often have to micro like a mad man to win, otherwise I quickly find myself with 3 stalkers vs 8 stalkers. I'm only in platinum as well.

scogoth

Trickster said:
I dunno about you, but when I play pvp and 4gate, I very often have to micro like a mad man to win, otherwise I quickly find myself with 3 stalkers vs 8 stalkers. I'm only in platinum as well.

If you want a micro intensice game, FF your ramp, get blink, micro, win.

Spl1nter

scogoth said:
And with 4 gating zerg its easy to hold 6 pool with just probes.

You want past 8 minute mark in PvP? Build a ton of sentries and then one base colossus. FF imba that way.

This is why you are in silver. 6 pool is extremely difficult to hold off as protoss. You cant build a ton of sentries and go one base colossus in pvp because of the gas constraint. Even if you do you will lose 90% of games that way.

scogoth

Spl1nter said:
This is why you are in silver. 6 pool is extremely difficult to hold off as protoss. You cant build a ton of sentries and go one base colossus in pvp because of the gas constraint. Even if you do you will lose 90% of games that way.

Naw 5 sentries, then all colossus/zealot

ultron87

scogoth said:
ff bottom of ramp no high ground vision

Then they are getting a bigger and bigger army at the base of your ramp that will crush through your late 1-base colossi (since you just spent a crap load of gas on sentries).

Spl1nter

Clearly you have a very limited understanding of protoss macro mechanics and unit balancing. 5 sentries, robo, bay and collosus is 1000 gas. Your only range units early on would be sentries so good luck taking down any pylons which allow the opposing toss to warp on your ramp and then into your base.

Just ignore scogoth. He is either trolling or completely ignorant.

scogoth

Won said:
In theory. Reality is a bit different.

Evidently you didn't watch the Holden game in the KOTH, it was like 5 min of perfect ff. It was in his opponents base as he warped in with a warp prism but same idea.

Zzoram

so my game won't launch

shortcut or direct .exe doesn't work

it just flashes the patcher screen then closes itself

the game was working last week, not sure what's wrong now but it's frustrating. how do I fix this?

nvm fixed

i just kept launching it repeatedly until one time it just stayed open and patched

scogoth

Awesome Animals said:
And he was on the defensive the entire time. Sad because he was being attacked.

Thanks for the support, but I did fire the first shot. I was trolling with the ff colossus comment cause someone mention wanting PvP to go past 8 min then splinter took the bait.

ultron87 said:
Good thing he has all those sentries I guess.

You know it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
lol idra just takes out root drewbie in an aweosme ladder game and then says to his stream chat "kid has the nerve to be that bad and win games"

scogoth

Awesome Animals said:
Well, fine...

Its ok furries still 20% cooler.

and.... surprisingly I can't find a furry sc2 pic to go along with that comment.

shoo cute
d6f33_550x-baneling-2.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:
lol idra just takes out root drewbie in an aweosme ladder game and then says to his stream chat "kid has the nerve to be that bad and win games"
deezer ownage was just hardcore.

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
deezer ownage was just hardcore.

Idra stream is too awesome. I love how he called out Deezer. XD

Edit: Any idea what song this is on his stream? it's so perfect for playing SC2 to.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hehe deezer raged so hard.

its funny because he's pretty bad. >_>

broodlord roach neural'd immortals and fungaled stalkers and still having time to type out a 'this is why you suck' speech. idra is so awesome.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
hehe deezer raged so hard.

its funny because he's pretty bad. >_>

broodlord roach neural'd immortals and fungaled stalkers and still having time to type out a 'this is why you suck' speech. idra is so awesome.
Stop cheering for our americans. Root for canadanland.

zlatko

Banned
cubicle47b said:
Over 10K viewers on Idra's stream. That's the same amount of people who were watching NASL's final game last night.

Was it only 10k near its end? I was at a solid 16,000 when I was paying attention before watching other streams and keeping NASL muted.

Idra's stream is awesome to watch because A) He's a great player B) There is a chance he might rage C) His music play list is god like. :p

Jeff-DSA

HolyCheck said:

Why is Idra so insistent on being a dick all the time?

zlatko said:
Was it only 10k near its end? I was at a solid 16,000 when I was paying attention before watching other streams and keeping NASL muted.

Idra's stream is awesome to watch because A) He's a great player B) There is a chance he might rage C) His music play list is god like. :p

Yeah, that was only near the end. The stream was extremely laggy so it's not surprising there weren't that many people watching.

zlatko

Banned
cubicle47b said:
Yeah, that was only near the end. The stream was extremely laggy so it's not surprising there weren't that many people watching.

People power through lag take MLG for example. The bigger issue is a certain commentator being fuck awful.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
IdrA is just super competitive and believes that he is better than most people (which to be honest he is).

Sheth's stream has been pretty good the past few days, pretty awesome how he's able to play so well and explain everything he's doing.

Q8D3vil

Ikuu said:
IdrA is just super competitive and believes that he is better than most people (which to be honest he is).

Sheth's stream has been pretty good the past few days, pretty awesome how he's able to play so well and explain everything he's doing.
i really agree with you
idra is super competitive, he really showed that at dreamhack
lol
i don't think he is better than most people because he don't have the results to prove it.

sheth in the other hand is cool person and his nasl video was funny.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
His problem is that he looks at the game the wrong way, he doesn't see that he should have beat MC he sees it that he played the game to his strengths and still lost. If he sorts out the mental aspect of competiting he'll start to do a lot better, and when they fix Zerg it'll help also ;)

BigAT

Ikuu said:
His problem is that he looks at the game the wrong way, he doesn't see that he should have beat MC he sees it that he played the game to his strengths and still lost. If he sorts out the mental aspect of competiting he'll start to do a lot better, and when they fix Zerg it'll help also ;)
Yup. Tyler and Incontrol were both dead on about Idra quitting and giving up on game 2 against MC after he lost the first one. As a poker player that has played on tilt before, it's pretty obvious to me when Idra is doing the same thing and being completely self-destructive to himself.

Saw this on Reddit, had a laugh:
208067_10150231031706057_712836056_8560797_1550518_n.jpg

zlatko

Banned
BigAT said:
Yup. Tyler and Incontrol were both dead on about Idra quitting and giving up on game 2 against MC after he lost the first one. As a poker player that has played on tilt before, it's pretty obvious to me when Idra is doing the same thing and being completely self-destructive to himself.

Saw this on Reddit, had a laugh:
208067_10150231031706057_712836056_8560797_1550518_n.jpg

24qYS.jpg

Ecto311

Anyone else try to log on before and get a message saying there was some suspicious activity and the account has been locked till the password is changed?

I went through it's steps and have yet to see an email giving me to a new password. This what it's like to have my shit hacked/hijacked?

zlatko

Banned
Ecto311 said:
Anyone else try to log on before and get a message saying there was some suspicious activity and the account has been locked till the password is changed?

I went through it's steps and have yet to see an email giving me to a new password. This what it's like to have my shit hacked/hijacked?

Yup you got your shit jacked. Most likely it was done through your email.

Go to Blizzards site and follow the steps. You'll need to change your email for the blizz net, and the password should also be changed. You'll need to run some anti virus/spyware/malware shit as well.

You're best bet is to get a call authenticator set up with Blizz. That way if anyone tries to access your account ever again from another computer, it locks the account down, you get a call to the phone number you put, and it asks if this is you and to allow it or not.

I had it happen with my WoW account a few months ago. :( I still get fake ass emails from the site too, even though I keep blocking it, and I reported it to Blizzard.

Ecto311

I did all that and have yet to see an email with any information about it. Could someone have taken the account and tried to get it back with their own email?

zlatko

Banned
Ecto311 said:
I did all that and have yet to see an email with any information about it. Could someone have taken the account and tried to get it back with their own email?

Not sure. The guys in the official WoW thread are experts at this and since both SC2 and WoW are tied to the same battle.net I'm sure they could help you out.

If I remember right I had to call them to set up the authenticator and jazz.

You may have to call them too.

BigAT

Ecto311 said:
This doesn't necessarily mean your account has been hacked. I've had this happen to me four separate times and each time it has just been Blizzard's automatic system locking me out for no real reason. I've spoken to them over the phone and they've confirmed this, it's actually gotten quite annoying.

As far as you not getting the emails, not much I can say about that. Did you make sure to check your junk mail? If not, try actually calling Blizzard. They have been pretty helpful for me on the phone, even though their stupid system keeps fucking with me.

Bendt

Neo Member
Just saw this on TL MC responding to the final game at DH
So MC tweeted

누가 영어로 해석해서 나를 욕하는 외국인에게 보여줬으면 좋겠다 화이트라는 5판연속같은빌드를 했고 난 그 빌드의 카운터빌드를 했을뿐인데 그걸 가지고 치즈라니 질럿 안뽑고 시작하니까 전진게이트를 하지... 천칠백만원짜리 게임인데 확신이있으니깐 한거고

난 프로니까 이기는 게임을 한것뿐 그리고 지금은 비행기가 늦어져서 터키에서 헉과 진로와 기다리는중.. ㅜㅜ 빨리 한국 가고싶어

재밌는 사실은 나랑 진로는 터키에 비자없이 들어왔는데 헉은 비자를 만들었다 쌩돈 20만원가량을 날린셈 ㅋㅋ 진로는 스웨덴에서 사기도 당하고 오늘 일진참 사나웠다

Which translates to (credits to Arumi for this on the LR thread)
- Hide Spoiler -
MC just tweeted:
I wish somebody to translate what I'm tweeting now for the foreign fans who are BM'ing me.
White-Ra kept using the same starting build 5 consecutive times, and I just couldn't help countering it. What's wrong with this? I did the proxy 'cause I knew White-ra wouldn't produce the first zealot at all. Do you really think I just gambled in the $15000 game? I was so confident about the proxy at that moment.

I only did the best to win the game since I'm a pro. BTW the airplane has been delayed and I've been waiting here Turkey with Jinro and Huk. TT I can't wait to return to my home country.

A funny thing is, Jinro and I came here without a Visa while Huk made one, which had Huk waste $200. lol. Jinro also was cheated in Sweden. What a bad day for them.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=212772

edit: added link

Ikuu said:

IdrA is damn good but he is definitely kind of a dick.

You know what makes me want to choke a kitten to death. Base hunting. My god the last 3 game in a row were base hunting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom