• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Trasher said:
I was watching PainUser's stream the other day when he was getting wins for GM, and he got matched with this kid. He turned off his stream while he played him to make sure the dude wasn't stream hacking lol.
He played a match against Destiny where the second the match started he paused the game, and it was pretty obvious that he did so in order to open up Destiny's stream.

Haunted

Trasher said:
I was watching PainUser's stream the other day when he was getting wins for GM, and he got matched with this kid. He turned off his stream while he played him to make sure the dude wasn't stream hacking lol.
GM? More like BM amirite

eh? eh?

edit: Jesus Christ, watched further that shit's just embarrassing. I wanted to ask how the fuck a guy like that can get to the top of the ladder, but then I realised it's NA, lol.

HolyCheck said:
http://www.ign.com/ipl/starcraft2/players/fxosheth

shit like this, the production values, makes me keen for the ipl over the NASL

It certainly is interesting that they've managed to put player faces/personalities in front and center a lot better than NASL did. Everyone loved the videos NASL did, but after that they went completely dark.

NASL has yet to sell me. Schedule is amazing but the commentary is bad, and it lags way too much no matter what I do. The season is long though, so there's plenty of time to rebound. It seems like things are getting better daily.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
combatEX wintrading?

i for one am shocked and appalled.

combatex and splinter go to the same university and both are originally from toronto, coincidence?

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
combatex and splinter go to the same university and both are originally from toronto, coincidence?

I faced a zerg on ladder called DrPanda. Lost, tvz on cross tal darim is pretty difficult for terran.

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
what did he do?

infestor ling. Going to change my strat up slightly. Going to get an extra fact/reactor for hellions if I see any infestor play. Dont need as many marines to deal with muta. The middle of that map is so wide open, just not good for terran pushing across. Also need to start doing drops faster; waited slightly to long.

The lost put me on tilt a bit because I maxed faster than the zerg and had more workers (75-60). My 4th was even the same time. I ddint push however right when I hit 200 which evidently I should. Even before that, need to start making the push.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:
infestor ling. Going to change my strat up slightly. Going to get an extra fact/reactor for hellions if I see any infestor play. Dont need as many marines to deal with muta. The middle of that map is so wide open, just not good for terran pushing across. Also need to start doing drops faster; waited slightly to long.
as always i approve of more drops, but for map specific advise i would say try to force out a third as quickly as possible and then focus on drop. perhaps even limiting the focus on the hellions to do so.

i feel that on that map the hardest thing to deal with is a terran that forces a macro game and either makes me expand to a far unsafe base, a close base easily drop harassed and far by foot or forces zerg to make units early on to clear the rocks at the natural third.

all three situations will benefit you economically if you opt straight into drop harass, as either the third will be seperated and difficult to defend or zerg wll have to limit his own econ to be safe. drop in this case would also force muta as een if he takes the natural, there's alot of cliffs and a good bit of walking needed to defend every base. pinning zerg down into his corner of the map might just be what you need to cross that middle.

Spl1nter

Pandaman said:
pinning zerg down into his corner of the map might just be what you need to cross that middle.

Ya i know. Just need more experience. Plus I let my macro get out of hand for a little bit which really hurt.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:
white ra and idra both streaming atm
mlpfimepisode23-thecut8uax.gif

Trasher

HolyCheck said:
white ra and idra both streaming atm, white ra is SOOO polite
Omg. White-Ra is the man. I love how he explains things while he's playing. I can't understand one damn word. lol

"And we make cannon."

"More more gateway."

The voice of god!

V_Arnold

I hate when I do some dumb shit and on a totally unrelated matter fucks me up seriously.

I sit with my initial 10 lings in my opp's natural for a while in SCRAP STATION. I suspect banshee play, prepare with queens, some air defense, and I am ready to make a friggin number of zerglings. But not making them yet. Then, a medivac comes into my main, SLOWLY, goes to the CENTER OF MY MINERAL LINE, then he drops 2 hellions and a few marines. Zero Micro. My drones melt. I realize my army is in the OTHER SIDE OF THE MAP.

Then, when hero lings arrive, they come in streaming, and I am angry at myself, so I lose a lot more than I should have. Then it is time for some counter, because my eco is shit, I think. My lings are halfway there, and then a SECOND dropship comes. Slowly. Fucking slowly. No micro. Goes into my exp. Then marines. Then, it is gg.

Damn, and that dude was a diamond player. With ZERO micro. And I LOST. Horrible.

Luckily though, I am in a 17-3 in the last two days :)

Q8D3vil

Spl1nter said:
Ya i know. Just need more experience. Plus I let my macro get out of hand for a little bit which really hurt.
taldarim cross position is bullshit.
i was trying new builds on US today and every time i play against zerg in taldarim i was doing fake FE=>4hellions pressure=> 2 port banshee's.

100% success rate against all zergs opponent.

i also tried tlo 6-7 rax rush and its pretty good if your opponent got 1 spine.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Should have an Overlord(s) position so you should never (or rarely) get dropped without knowing. You should know by now that 1base Terran on Scrap is either going to be Banshee or some sort of drop play.

Trasher

Omg. White-Ra just explained his special tactics strategy of using phoenixes and void rays, and shortly after he beats a zerg with it. The guy playing the zerg goes "SPECIAL TACTICS. GG" and leaves the game hahaha.

jasonng

Lost to a 1 base roach all-in on a zvz matchup. He said it's the best tactic and I failed so hard to prove him wrong. Ugh, I really shouldn't ladder when I'm exhausted. On a somewhat related noted, scrap station is now another map taken out of the ladder pool. Such an awkward map.

Haunted

Just watched "The V" Minigun vs Spanishiwa Bo7

holee shit that was pretty amazing. Spanishiwa roflstomps Minigun 3-0 in super quick yet impressive matches (holds Minigun's 4 and 5 gates like it's nothing, counterattacks with drops/Speedlings), Minigun then seems to figure out Spanishiwa's build to equalise 3-3 (including constant early pressure, some amazing micro and forcefields as well as a really crazy base trade in game 6), but Spanishiwa manages to take the ace match on Crossfire in a very very tight and tense match. Really lovely stuff.

Spanishiwa will definitely run into trouble as the top tier of players become aware and adapt to his unique build... because he literally has only one opening. But then again, even Minigun after he seemed to have figured out Spanish's build could not take any easy wins. All of his three back to back wins were super close and required some amazing micro and decision-making and in the end he couldn't overcome. Now that I've seen Spanishiwa beat some solid known players... man, this build of his along with his snap decision-making, gamesense and solid micro is really something.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Haunted said:
Just watched "The V" Minigun vs Spanishiwa Bo7

holee shit that was pretty amazing. Spanishiwa roflstomps Minigun 3-0 in super quick yet impressive matches (holds Minigun's 4 and 5 gates like it's nothing, counterattacks with drops/Speedlings), Minigun then seems to figure out Spanishiwa's build to equalise 3-3 (including constant early pressure, some amazing micro and forcefields as well as a really crazy base trade in game 6), but Spanishiwa manages to take the ace match on Crossfire in a very very tight and tense match. Really lovely stuff.

Spanishiwa will definitely run into trouble as the top tier of players become aware and adapt to his unique build... because he literally has only one opening. But then again, even Minigun after he seemed to have figured out Spanish's build could not take any easy wins. All of his three back to back wins were super close and required some amazing micro and decision-making and in the end he couldn't overcome. Now that I've seen Spanishiwa beat some solid known players... man, this build of his along with his snap decision-making, gamesense and solid micro is really something.
Link to The V-ods please. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom