• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofold

mescalineeyes said:
abandon it as fast as you can. borrow elements but trust me, without gas, you're a sitting duck.

I can't think of anything you'd need gas to hold off. Spines + Queens can hold off pretty much anything, and I get an evo chamber at 5m30, just in case DTs or Banshees are on their way.

I only played 8 or so games playing Spanishiwa style, but I ended up winning 7 of them. The one I lost was to a cannon rush - it's been so long since I've opened hatch first that I forgot how to deal with them properly.

I don't see how you can hard counter it, anyway. If the other guy starts to expand, you can throw up another hatch or two and saturate it far quicker than they can.

I played a guy earlier that took an early third when he saw me turtling. I responded by taking a 4th, saturated it asap, teched up super quickly to Greater Spire and Infestors running off 4 bases and then giraffe migrated with 15 spines, a bunch of infestors and a bunch of brood lords with +3/3.

It was glorious.

Q8D3vil

Awesome Animals said:
Always down for more Terran pros. I feel like I never see any Terrans.
i agree, NA servers seems to be lacking top terran players unlike EU and Korea which are full of good terrans.

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
i agree, NA servers seems to be lacking top terran players unlike EU and Korea which are full of good terrans.

Unless your name is Spl1nter

Hahahahahaha almost got you? He is a scrub.

and Select is still a Korean national as far as I know.

Root Kitty is sick good from what I've seen of him in the Root practice, too bad about his behavior.

Keikaku

HuK just beat Nada on the ladder on his stream, too bad that his nerves will mean that he won't be able to do anything that good in the GSL :/

mcrae

TheThunder said:

Root Kitty is sick good from what I've seen of him in the Root practice, too bad about his behavior.

what kind of shit does kitty do

Q8D3vil

mcrae said:
what kind of shit does kitty do
his tanks positioning and drops are insanely good.
i saw him beat idra in a macro game they practiced before mlg.
i saw him also defeating ret with a very strange build order.

mcrae

Q8D3vil said:
his tanks positioning and drops are insanely good.
i saw him beat idra in a macro game they practiced before mlg.
i saw him also defeating ret with a very strange build order.

oh, i meant what kind of shit constitutes bad behaviour lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
pieatorium said:
So today/tomorrow depending on where you are we get TSL,NASL and GSL.
good time to be a viewer.
Good time to have paid access so you can watch the VODs you mean. So many events.
twofold said:
I don't see how you can hard counter it, anyway. If the other guy starts to expand, you can throw up another hatch or two and saturate it far quicker than they can.

I played a guy earlier that took an early third when he saw me turtling. I responded by taking a 4th, saturated it asap, teched up super quickly to Greater Spire and Infestors running off 4 bases and then giraffe migrated with 15 spines, a bunch of infestors and a bunch of brood lords with +3/3.

It was glorious.
Econ and tech with 4 bases to defend? That's like asking to die.
Late game tech pushes are the best pushes though. So good to have all these expensive units owning it up.

Hazaro said:
Good time to have paid access so you can watch the VODs you mean. So many events.

Late game tech pushes are the best pushes though. So good to have all these expensive units owning it up.
TSL vods are free, I can catch NASL at uni and GSL is 7pm start for me :p

twofold

Hazaro said:

I was turtling on two bases with a ton of Queens and Spines. My opponent's response was to go for a very early third to try out macro me. He couldn't pressure me while securing/defending his bases.

Of course, if the other guy was sticking on two bases and amassing an army, there's no way I'd double expand. That's just asking for trouble.

Edit - Wanted to add - I'm around mid-diamond. Everyone at this level has terrible macro. What works for me at this level probably won't work at the higher levels where people scout better and do a better job of responding to what they see.

jasonng

Expo denial with cannons only to get DT rushed by a 1 base shitty protoss player. Makes me a worst zerg player I'll admit since I couldnt get detection and my econ equalized in time but shit pisses me off to no end how easy it is for Toss to do dumb shit and get away with it.

BigAT

Pandaman said:
he'd still run a train on you fanboi :p

but yeah, NA terrans only really have selecT these days. -.-
I suppose there's QXC as well...kind of. He's at least entertaining to watch, even if his success rate isn't fantastic and there's not a whole lot to learn from his games. Kind of sad that he is arguably #2 though.

V_Arnold

jasonng said:
Expo denial with cannons only to get DT rushed by a 1 base shitty protoss player. Makes me a worst zerg player I'll admit since I couldnt get detection and my econ equalized in time but shit pisses me off to no end how easy it is for Toss to do dumb shit and get away with it.

Roaches. Just roaches. He wants to stop you from expanding, spend money by putting down a roach warren instead and pump up roaches. He will have fun going against roaches with cannons.

Striek

^Watching Sheths stream also, so awesome.
jasonng said:
I don't get it, he denied your expo with cannons? That can't happen if you micro modestly and don't hatch-first. If you hatch-first you kind of deserve to have it denied by cannons for playing greedy.

jasonng

V_Arnold said:
Roaches. Just roaches. He wants to stop you from expanding, spend money by putting down a roach warren instead and pump up roaches. He will have fun going against roaches with cannons.
I immediately got roach when I saw his pylon block. What fucked me over was my macro not letting getting the drone count as I was expanding to my natural. Doing so delayed my lair. Also not having an overlord at his base to scout and sac cost me the game. I'm not afraid to admit it was 80% my fault. I just fucking hate this game so much because shit players get a free run of harassment at my expense.

Striek said:
I don't get it, he denied your expo with cannons? That can't happen if you micro modestly and don't hatch-first. If you hatch-first you kind of deserve to have it denied by cannons for playing greedy.

i 14 gas 14 pool. I had to wait to get roaches to wreck cannons. He turtles and cannons and sends DTs while I get my lair.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
the new fungal growth is stuuuuuuupid, it's strong against everything except mass ultras

7 infestors shouldnt be able to eradicate everything

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
-COOLIO- said:
the new fungal growth is stuuuuuuupid, it's strong against everything except mass ultras

7 infestors shouldnt be able to eradicate everything
yeah, thats what 7 thors is for!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Spl1nter said:
Neural Parasite!
how does that even work?

does the neural parasite pierce through the thick plating of the thor and latch onto the pilots brain?

how does it work with a BC? does it rocket itself up 1000ft then break through the hull and split apart to mind control the whole crew?

laaaaaaaaaaaame

and how fungal freezes units mid air is just beyond me

ultron87

-COOLIO- said:
how does that even work?

does the neural parasite pierce through the thick plating of the thor and latch onto the pilots brain?

how does it work with a BC? does it rocket itself up 1000ft then break through the hull and split apart to mind control the whole crew?

laaaaaaaaaaaame

and how fungal freezes units mid air is just beyond me

How does a Nydus Worm tunnel to the island on Scrap Station? *mind explodes*

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Haunted said:
The most important question is why can't Marauders point up?
how do 10 marines take on a motherfuckin battlecruiser?

how do battlecruisers just float?

ultron87 said:

well really that's pretty obvious

magnets

I still haven't played with Infestors since the patch, pretty sad on my part. My TvZ boils down to the same ole' same ole' ling/muta/bling. I've actually been dominating the match up lately, but it's probably more due to not running into heavy mech play which wrecks me.

Zzoram

TheThunder said:

Koreans don't have some kind of genetic advantage. It's all about the training environment. SeleCT lives in the USA so his training environment is the same as all Americans.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
I still haven't played with Infestors since the patch, pretty sad on my part. My TvZ boils down to the same ole' same ole' ling/muta/bling. I've actually been dominating the match up lately, but it's probably more due to not running into heavy mech play which wrecks me.
man i havent built a mutalisk in months...

they any good?

scogoth

Pandaman said:
man i havent built a mutalisk in months...

they any good?

Please don't have blink, please don't have blink, please don't have blink, please don't have blink.... FUCK I HATE THIS GAME.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ultron87 said:
wormholes.

OxNwM.png

Slavik81

ultron87 said:
The Nydus tunnels down to the nearest planet while hidden behind the station, then tunnels back up from the planet while hidden behind the island.

roxya

-COOLIO- said:

May as well ask how one BC can't tear apart entire ground armies :p

Aylinato

why do carriers look so awesome

Carrier_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg

these bad ass mother'f'ers helped me beat corran(who went colosi)

awww yeaaa

(btw massing immortals+carriers apparently beats stalker+colosi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom