• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
The biggest grip I have is why haven't protoss killed all since they are lighyears ahead of all with tech etc etc etc etc.

Noobs.

Aylinato

ultron87 said:
Unfortunately, to actually destroy anything of consequence a Protoss needs to kamikaze his carrier into it.

en taro tassadar!

and that protoss must be a huge hero.

does that mean zeratul is going to crash his ship into kerrigan

Cheeto

So I went to a LAN(lol) tournament over the weekend... it was a small one (less than 20 people)... but it was a ton of fun. I was the very first match and they specc'ed it on the big screen tv and everyone watched. I was so nervous and jittery and it didn't help playing on unfamiliar keyboard/mouse setup. I got 2-0'ed in the worst fashion possible. First game I misclicked placing my gateway and had a hole in my wall... he found it and made nothing but lings the rest of the game and eventually broke my front. 2nd game I go for my midgame poke and when I try to throw up my guardian shield and force fields I end up hitting 'hhgggggggggg' instead of 'ggffffff'...fuck me sideways.

After that I was pretty tore up from losing like that... and I had a long break before the losers bracket would fill in so I could start my next round of matches. I felt like crap. But then all the sudden the ghost of John Candy appeared (the only canadian i know) and he spoke in Splinter's voice, "you're a fucking retard" it said. That gave me the strength to carry on through the loser's bracket 2-0ing every person along the way except one guy all the way to the finals... and then I end up facing the guy that knocked me out. Since he was undefeated through the winners and we faced each other before the admins decided the final would be a best of 7 and the previous record would carry over (bullshit). So I was down 2-0 at the start of a BO7. He won first match, but it was really close... and I realized then that this zerg 2-bases every single game. I decided that I was going to play more passively and beat him in a macro game(lol me beat someone in macro game). So I did, and I stomped him hard the next two games. After this I can tell he's a little tilted and I've got all the spectators telling me that they're rooting for me and that I've got this series, no problem. He picks scrap station as the game 4 map. One of my least favorite maps, but I decide I'm going to forge fast expand in his face. I have no idea what I'm doing with that build, but I figure I've gotta learn someday. So I do it anyway, and he brings lings and roaches hard to try and break it, I hold and start getting phoenix and void ray out. My phoenix are doing an amazing job keeping map control, I stop a couple nydus attempts and I can tell I've got the game as long as I'm sure that he's only on two bases. So my army is sitting in between my third and my main as my third is getting established, and I send my phoenix to scout for his third. MY PHOENIX FLY INCHES AWAY FROM A DOOM DROP HEADING FOR MY MAIN. The drop comes in, my army is way out of position, and he drops a ton of stuff in my main and proceeds to wipe it clean. Had my phoenix spotted the drop I would have won the game hands down, that was his last ditch effort...and it worked. :(

Despite coming so close to victory and losing, it was a blast and it felt really good to talk starcraft with people face to face for a change. I encourage everyone to get out there and attend lans and events as much as possible and compete no matter what rank you are.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Majorly shit that you had to start with some kind of extended series disadvantage, but grats on 2nd :) how many games did you have to play in the losers bracket?

Spl1nter

Want to be a better player? Dont want to be a fucking retard?

Then choose Spl1nter to coach you to greatness. His coaching style is Cheeto approved. His coaching will infuse you with confidence and knowledge so you can destroy all those euro trash scrubs on your way to greatness. Don't be a fucking piece of shit, choose Spl1nter.

Cheeto said:
Since he was undefeated through the winners and we faced each other before the admins decided the final would be a best of 7 and the previous record would carry over (bullshit). So I was down 2-0 at the start of a BO7.

Were the finals matches Bo3's? If so, it doesn't really change a finals that much in a Double-Elimination setting. The only person who stands to benefit would have been you had you managed to take a game earlier.

(Extended series are otherwise blah outside of a finals matchup)

BigAT

Cheeto said:
People actually use extended series in real life? I thought that was just a horror story that parents told to their children in order to get them to behave.

Congrats on second place. Sounds like it was a good time.

scogoth

Then choose Spl1nter Panda to coach you to greatness moeness. His coaching style is Cheeto Gosu approved. His coaching will infuse you with confidence cuteness and knowledge brony-ness so you can destroy all those euro trash hater scrubs on your way to greatness. Don't be a fucking piece of shit toss, choose Spl1nter Panda.

Cheeto

HolyCheck said:
Majorly shit that you had to start with some kind of extended series disadvantage, but grats on 2nd :) how many games did you have to play in the losers bracket?
I don't know for sure, but I think it was something like 6 to 8 series

Cheeto

StopMakingSense said:
Were the finals matches Bo3's? If so, it doesn't really change a finals that much in a Double-Elimination setting. The only person who stands to benefit would have been you had you managed to take a game earlier.

(Extended series are otherwise blah outside of a finals matchup)
Well basically I had to win 4 times before he won twice... if it was extended series I would have taken the first and we would have played a new set. But they just applied the record to the BO7 in the final.

They didn't really plan for this and it was getting late because there were power issues halfway through because of the big storm on the east coast.

jasonng

scogoth said:

Then choose Spl1nter Panda to coach you to greatness moeness. His coaching style is Cheeto Gosu approved. His coaching will infuse you with confidence cuteness and knowledge brony-ness so you can destroy all those euro trash hater scrubs on your way to greatness. Don't be a fucking piece of shit toss, choose Spl1nter Panda.
I may need someone to walk me through Terran BOs. Life changing decision incoming.

BigAT

jasonng said:
I may need someone to walk me through Terran BOs. Life changing decision incoming.
10 Depot
12 Barracks
15 Orbital
16 Barracks
16 Barracks
16 Barracks
16 Barracks
16 Barracks

TLO Style.

Cheeto

jasonng said:
Isn't it...

vs Zerg, make moar mariners dood
vs Toss, make moar marooders dood
vs Terran, make tanks and moar mariners

Spl1nter

Cheeto said:
Isn't it...

vs Zerg, make moar mariners dood
vs Toss, make moar marooders dood
vs Terran, make tanks and moar mariners

vs Cheeto, make moar nukes dood

In actuality,

vs X, marine, tank, medivac

Jeff-DSA

I started taking gas later and I'm much happier with it. It's delaying tanks and medivacs, but I'm getting an expansion up earlier, having no problem holding off 4gates and other rushes, and I'm much more aggressive early.

I used to take gas around 14, but now I'm waiting until around 17. It's been making for a much smoother open.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Love me love me
Say that you love me
Fool me fool me
Go on and fool me
Love me love me
Pretend that you love me
Leave me leave me
Just say that you need me
Love me love me
Say that you love me
Leave me leave me
Just say that you need me
I can't care 'bout anything but you...

jasonng said:

splinter build:

-make marines
-make 4 Hellions. after they get crushed, make more marines
-expand
-get swarmed by lings/blings and die

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Awesome Animals said:
I saw someone do that the other night...I don't remember who though, but it didn't work and he pulled the two barracks back.

bomber did it against jjun and pulled it back due to
jjun proxying his rax right there too

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
makaprime cant even get credit for the builds named after him!
He is out of code a!

I say boxer due to fact that boxer sometimes proxys it or does odd stuff with the barracks while maka usually just puts it at his expo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom