• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

Pandaman said:
no, i loved portal 1, i just recognize that its gameplay has a low level of replayability.
much like your ladder rank.

but by all means, enjoy your $85 dollars of release day DLC.
bR1wg.gif

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ShallNoiseUpon said:
Kind of want EU account for shits and giggles.

...and by "shits and giggles" I mean stalking EU pros like I already stalk NA pros.

lol brilliant.. i've thought about doing that for korea ;_;

Aylinato

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Except you need a real life Korean to get you the account because it requires their equivalent of a social security number to sign up.

i have some korean friends at my uni! muahahah!

::EDIT:: only 1 is from korea, and i dont think i'd ask him to do it as it'd be akward

HolyCheck

Aylinato said:
i have some korean friends at my uni! muahahah!

::EDIT:: only 1 is from korea, and i dont think i'd ask him to do it as it'd be akward

Can I steal your identity to play starcraft? lol.

HolyCheck

Aylinato said:
holycheck why havent u been on lately! we must bring u into a mafia game!

:( several reasons, the main one being my laptops gotten even worse and now over heats after like 10 minutes of sc2, I need to get some icepacks or something to sit it on!

i have vowed to play again soon, I even bought a nice wireless mouse, and I plan on switching from terran to protoss!

fatty

HolyCheck said:
:( several reasons, the main one being my laptops gotten even worse and now over heats after like 10 minutes of sc2, I need to get some icepacks or something to sit it on!

i have vowed to play again soon, I even bought a nice wireless mouse, and I plan on switching from terran to protoss!

Check to make sure there isn't a lot of dust accumulating inside by the fan. My old Acer laptop kept overheating and I finally open it up to see a layer of dust that was blocking air flow.

Deadly

Wow just played an epic 4v4. Both teams mined out the whole map, 2 of my team ended up leaving but somehow one of our teammates still had a shit ton of resources. We ended up winning against their army but they floated their fucking bases and one guy had a shit ton of corrupters so air wasn't much of an option. All seemed lost but we had ghosts and I was like nuke? and we nuked the shit out of those buildings and corrupters, made vikings and gg

Q8D3vil

HolyCheck said:

i don't blame you, terran is ultra bad on the new maps.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Terran must be in a good state considering the top 5 players on Ladder are all Terran.

I really need to start playing again, haven't played a proper amount for like 2-3 weeks now =(

BigAT

Ikuu said:
Terran must be in a good state considering the top 5 players on Ladder are all Terran.

I really need to start playing again, haven't played a proper amount for like 2-3 weeks now =(
What are you talking about? Top 3 is sj.Terran, Sheth and Idra.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BigAT said:
What are you talking about? Top 3 is sj.Terran, Sheth and Idra.
1 EU Terran LiquidTLO 143/52 73.33%
2 EU Terran Happy 163/20 89.07%
3 KR Terran Ellenpage 168/55 75.34%
4 US Terran sixjaxTerran 216/62 77.70%
5 EU Terran Beastyqt 206/61 77.15%

BigAT

Pandaman said:
I wasn't aware there was a worldwide ladder listing. How do they even calculate that? Happy has more wins and a significantly better win percentage than TLO, but he's behind him? Regardless, it seems kind of pointless considering the players don't play against each other.

Haunted

BigAT said:
I wasn't aware there was a worldwide ladder listing. How do they even calculate that? Happy has more wins and a significantly better win percentage than TLO, but he's behind him? Regardless, it seems kind of pointless considering the players don't play against each other.
sc2ranks.com

The ranking is by points, but you can also sort by points w/o bonus pool or points * ratio and other fun stuff.

It's mostly useful for up to date rankings on a specific server. Cross-server is, as you say, a bit sketchy due to the different skill levels of the players involved (KR > EU > NA/SEA/LA/RU etc.)

V_Arnold

Spl1nter said:
Stim change is still bullshit. Will never stop complaining about that.

Haha, when you got something like "gz, now your units move at the PROPER speed" for 100/100, it would be friggin insane to get Stim, the single most impactful (maybe second behind only Colossi's range upgrade), back to the faster speed like it was before. Let it roll, let it research LONG. ;)

Jeff-DSA

V_Arnold said:
Haha, when you got something like "gz, now your units move at the PROPER speed" for 100/100, it would be friggin insane to get Stim, the single most impactful (maybe second behind only Colossi's range upgrade), back to the faster speed like it was before. Let it roll, let it research LONG. ;)

Then they need to delay warp gate research and make that longer too. It's really annoying not being able to stim to quickly pick off the pylon after you hold the first wave as they bring in reinforcements directly outside your front door. I'm not talking about a long delay, just another 30 seconds or so.

BigAT

V_Arnold said:
Terrible logic. Let's significantly increase the research time for Warp Gate. It's doesn't really matter since it just means Protoss builds there units PROPERLY, well, when they're not getting chronoboosted, and it's only 50/50 so you shouldn't complain.

Pandaman said:
only one protoss in the top 10, time for a buff :lol

WedgeX

Banned
There is nothing better than watching panda and splinter debate after a match. So good.

I might learn more watching it than the newbie Tuesdays.

WedgeX said:
There is nothing better than watching panda and splinter debate after a match. So good.

I might learn more watching it than the newbie Tuesdays.

I want to join in?

scogoth said:
Annnnnnd portal 2 is finished, back to SC2. What'd I miss?

lolol. I'm on Chapter 4 I think. I decided to take a break though. I don't want to finish it in one sitting.

GooeyHeat

Late reply, but thanks for the tips guys. I've started using hotkeys more, and I've realized that it can be incredibly helpful (i.e. ARMY IS DYING... MAKE NEW ARMY). I still need to work on scouting, but I think I've learned something. Which would be great if I wasn't dead

Keikaku

It's been so long since I've played seriously on the ladder and, man, do I suck bad or what. I'm in Gold league right now but I lost to a Bronze Zerg going 1-base muta (that I scouted) and to a Silver terran with a marine-marauder timing attack that I should have held.

FML.

Once finals are over, maybe I can get back on this horse :(

mcrae

watching/listening to state of the game for the first time ever. it used to be jsut a podcast, right? when did it become a video cast?

anyways, 1. why is incontrol a cat
2. why is jp's hair so fucking stupid

edit: been having some decent success turtling 2 base as a zerg. held off a bunch of early pushes from terran and protoss. pretty happy i watched those spanishiwa games

Mairu

mcrae said:
watching/listening to state of the game for the first time ever. it used to be jsut a podcast, right? when did it become a video cast?

anyways, 1. why is incontrol a cat
2. why is jp's hair so fucking stupid

edit: been having some decent success turtling 2 base as a zerg. held off a bunch of early pushes from terran and protoss. pretty happy i watched those spanishiwa games
ever since he switched to justintv its been video & incontrol doesn't have a working webcam, the pic refers to a joke from an earlier episode

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Offtopic but, god damn you Panda.

I started watching my little pony out of morbid curiosity and now I can't stop :eek:.

Edit: ooo Idra is on SOTG again. He should really just become a regular tbh.

Q8D3vil

Spl1nter said:
Na, just need to play properly on them. Slag pits is such a horrible map so it doesn't count.
taldarim is kinda awful as well.
i killed the zerg army and he was on more bases since we know how hard it is to take a fourth on this map, when i push and he get like 5 infestors and keep delaying the push until he have a new army.

tvp is worse since their gateway all ins build are still viable while the terran all in's in tvp are a joke right now.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
taldarim is kinda awful as well.
i killed the zerg army and he was on more bases since we know how hard it is to take a fourth on this map, when i push and he get like 5 infestors and keep delaying the push until he have a new army.
try taking a third on that map as a zerg.

not so easy when you dont have a metric ton of dps sitting around.

build units, destroy rocks, die to 2 base timing attack because those units set my econ back.
dont build units, die to three base timing attack because you couldnt take your third at a normal timing due to rocks. or you expanded so far away and off creep that one banshee can deny your third for free.

Started playing a week and a half ago, after never playing the original Starcraft; I was a big fan of AOE2. Playing Zerg, I seem to be unable to break 5th in my Bronze league. I need to work on my long game, when I rush I win, but anything over 15 minutes seems to equal death for me.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Forgotten_Taco said:
Started playing a week and a half ago, after never playing the original Starcraft; I was a big fan of AOE2. Playing Zerg, I seem to be unable to break 5th in my Bronze league. I need to work on my long game, when I rush I win, but anything over 15 minutes seems to equal death for me.
Join gaf channel and talk with some zerg gaffers and get some tips.

Joining gaf nights helps some too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom