• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
try taking a third on that map as a zerg.

not so easy when you dont have a metric ton of dps sitting around.

build units, destroy rocks, die to 2 base timing attack because those units set my econ back.
dont build units, die to three base timing attack because you couldnt take your third at a normal timing due to rocks. or you expanded so far away and off creep that one banshee can deny your third for free.
can you give me replays for good strategies on this map ?
the normal tanks, marines medivac which usually work on a map like shattered and metal don't seem to work on this one because its too big and it take a long time if the zerg creep spread is good.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ign league is seriously impressing me.

only 4 legacy invites, 28 players from online qualifiers.
free vods.
reddit invitational guys doing production.

Spl1nter

Q8D3vil said:
can you give me replays for good strategies on this map ?
the normal tanks, marines medivac which usually work on a map like shattered and metal don't seem to work on this one because its too big and it take a long time if the zerg creep spread is good.

That combo works fine if you are not on cross positions. Cross positions is were the difficulty arises in playing taldarim for Terran.

IceMarker

2wq5xrk.png

The 20th weekly Starcraft II GAF night! We made it!

Information Guru said:
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Custom Maps>

Streams and Misc. Info
-MrMister's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
-Corran Horn's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065
THE FEW. THE PROUD. THE MARINES.

zlatko

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
I was just about to ask if GAFnight was happening tonight. I'll be there!

I'd be there too, but my sleep schedule is le fucked up so I can tune into GSL.

Someone make so many banelings for me and make me proud!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'd love to see Tyler/Incontrol against MC, would be fun to watch either of them get crushed.

Deadman

Tyler could give him a real game. But then again pvp is stupid so who knows.

GSL spoilers
I did enjoy tyler being proven completely right

Q8D3vil

Spl1nter said:
That combo works fine if you are not on cross positions. Cross positions is were the difficulty arises in playing taldarim for Terran.
i have a bad luck since i always seems to play them in cross :S

i really wish some good terran like kas or thorzain stream daily their ladder like the top zergs and protoss (sheth and huk). drewbie stream was amazingly entertaining but he stopped streaming daily and only do it once in a while :(

WedgeX

Banned
MrMister said:
2wq5xrk.png

I propose the first match be a tvt using only marines.

It only makes sense!

Also, I might be late for GAF Night, since I scheduled a home visit that won't get done until 9pm. I should fix that....

scogoth

MrMister said:
2wq5xrk.png

I. Will. Make. It.

First time I've woken up at 7am for awhile.... sooooo tired. Caffeine will pull me forward to an all night sc2 session.

ultron87 said:
Probably won't make GAF night tonight, as I only made it approximately halfway through Portal last night.

So you have like 30min left then?

V_Arnold

Jeff-DSA said:
Then they need to delay warp gate research and make that longer too. It's really annoying not being able to stim to quickly pick off the pylon after you hold the first wave as they bring in reinforcements directly outside your front door. I'm not talking about a long delay, just another 30 seconds or so.

Go for it, fine by me. :D

WedgeX

Banned
Whats the best place to host replays?

Also, splinter and panda will be proud of me. I broke a tank, marine, medivac and viking into battle cruiser contain today. Concaved and marine dropped the shit out of that contain.

Spl1nter

WedgeX said:
Whats the best place to host replays?

Also, splinter and panda will be proud of me. I broke a tank, marine, medivac and viking into battle cruiser contain today. Concaved and marine dropped the shit out of that contain.

awesome :)

Pandaman said:
ign league is seriously impressing me.

only 4 legacy invites, 28 players from online qualifiers.
free vods.
reddit invitational guys doing production.

Hmm that sounds very good. I wonder who the legacy invites could be.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
PhoenixDark said:

going to be the top 4 from their current $5000 prize pool invitational I assume (havent listened to state of the game yet, downloadng now)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
top 4 from the last tourney. [which will be the one that starts tommorow]

i think accessibility will be a big factor in driving western esports so im a really big fan of these opens. we cant all meet in one city like the koreans, so online qualifiers are a must.

Pandaman said:
top 4 from the last tourney. [which will be the one that starts tommorow]

i think accessibility will be a big factor in driving western esports so im a really big fan of these opens. we cant all meet in one city like the koreans, so online qualifiers are a must.

That's cool. Tournaments always produce surprises, although I'm sure most of the invitational players who make it will be pro gamers we're familiar with.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PhoenixDark said:
That's cool. Tournaments always produce surprises, although I'm sure most of the invitational players who make it will be pro gamers we're familiar with.
ofcourse, but that doesnt mean us lowbies cant use it for ego. :p

can you imagine if a gaffer got out of the initial pools? they'd be king of the thread until the next tourney!

WedgeX

Banned
I think we need an official availability survey for whether GAF Night should be Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday. All social-scientific like.

I'm cool with Wednesday, and I seem to be on SC2 for the Tuesday night pre-gaf night.

Personally I raid (lol) on Wed, hence me not showing up lately. Might change if I can't get my lag problems resolved. I rarely lag in SC2, yet can barely stay in a WoW raid more than an hour before my roommate's laptop fucks with my connection

Spl1nter

jasonng said:
King of scrubs still isn't much.

Our nation shall rise to greatness. I am constructing an army of terrans. Our tanks shall rain down the fires of hell on our enemies as we march to victory.

The Tyler bit on MC was my favorite part of this week's show

"but then like...this guy Poltprime was like... you're doing a dump build, let me 2-0 you"

:lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TheThunder said:
The Tyler bit on MC was my favorite part of this week's show

"but then like...this guy Poltprime was like... you're doing a dump build, let me 2-0 you"

:lol

Last few episodes have been meh since traveling/depression lol. But last episode was good. I want to see more of idra debating on how zerg is up.

Deadman said:
GSL spoilers
I did enjoy tyler being proven completely right
Until Tyler cann actually win a game, not even a tourney, playing safe then I don't think he is proven completely right :p

twofold

A few simple rules to easily win ZvZ.

- Don't build more than 16 drones
- Roach/Ling timing attacks are amazing
- Just fucking kill them

Currently 9 wins and 0 losses tonight since I refined my ZvZ opening. Which is good, since 90% of my games are ZvZ nowadays. =/

Biff

twofold said:

- Just fucking kill them

Currently 9 wins and 0 losses tonight since I refined my ZvZ opening. Which is good, since 90% of my games are ZvZ nowadays. =/
Can someone make one of these for TvT :p

I really need work on my mirror matchup...

V_Arnold

twofold said:

- Just fucking kill them

Funny since I am winning ZVZ's thanks to my superior economy usually :D Even when I am in less bases. We should play some serious ZVZ's sometimes. Tomorrow, maybe?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You can't sum up a matchup in a few rules, also what you're able to do at a low level won't work at higher ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom