• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofold

V_Arnold said:
Funny since I am winning ZVZ's thanks to my superior economy usually :D Even when I am in less bases. We should play some serious ZVZ's sometimes. Tomorrow, maybe?

Haha. Your ZvZ is just weird. I've still yet to see anyone else do that crazy turtling style you do. :p

Definitely can play some games if I'm on. I hardly ever have time to play on weekdays but I should be on this weekend for sure.

Ikuu said:
You can't sum up a matchup in a few rules, also what you're able to do at a low level won't work at higher ones.

Yeah, I wasn't being very serious. My build has about 5 variations that differ based on what is happening and what I scout.

I think Roach/Ling timing attacks on hatch tech are crazy strong, though. I'm looking forward to finding a player that beats my build soundly.

twofold

Yeah, I was rewatching the Nestea vs Dimaga game when I decided to refine my older ZvZ playstyle and model it more around Nestea's style. My success in ZvZ tonight is a testament to the strength of Roach/Ling timing attacks. Cant say I'm a fan of opening hatch first, though. It feels way too unsafe.

Spl1nter

scogoth said:
I hear marines are pretty good out of 7 rax

I hear hellions and tanks are pretty good out of factories. Cant forget BCs either

BCs are garbage for a transitioning from bio-mech/bio in late game tvt or tvp

scogoth

Spl1nter said:
I hear hellions and tanks are pretty good out of factories. Cant forget BCs either

BCs are garbage for a transitioning from bio-mech/bio in late game tvt or tvp

Marines into BCs. Don't see where hellions fit into that.

Spl1nter

scogoth said:
Might be hard. A lot of neurals would be needed to build the cc

Not that many, only like 8 or 9.

Not as difficult as playing zerg and nuking someone after they come out of a vortex you placed down on their own army.

Aylinato

KOTH sucks when GAF night was so small...so I'm not doing no king of the hill lameness until you guys show up on time for GAF night!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
KOTH sucks when GAF night was so small...so I'm not doing no king of the hill lameness until you guys show up on time for GAF night!
oh noes, the casual who doesnt do 1v1 is threatening not to show up for a 1v1 marathon night.
what will we dooooo.

scogoth

Pandaman said:
oh noes, the casual who doesnt do 1v1 is threatening not to show up for a 1v1 marathon night.
what will we dooooo.

Masters picking on the casuals, and you didn't even show up to gaf night.

zoukka

Played my first season 2 matches yesterday. It's funny, my APM was probably 1,5, but I feel that I played very balanced games. Won all five quite easily.

Also it seems that my zerg beta build with 4-6 queens is now hot shit thanks to spanishiwa :b

Meeru

Banned
scogoth said:
Your not terrible for sleeping, you're terrible for playing hon earlier and not sc2
Once blizzard dota comes out I guarantee we will see a 10 min increased waiting time on sc2 matchmaking

zlatko

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
Cause scrub zerg players aren't good enough to get into Master league?

Nope, because as time has gone on the state of the game for Z has improved, and I feel will only get better. I wouldn't be surprised if there was another buff or two just in the next patch Blizzard plans alone.

What's the overal %age of races in Masters and Grand Masters at the moment ?

zlatko

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:

Looks good for Zerg. Seems odd for Terran though.

And I do not live in a bizzarro world. If you aren't counting beta, which you shouldn't because it's just that, a beta, then you can see from retail the game has improved for Zerg players to play in. From the maps, to the nerfs to the other races, and then throw in some gradual buffs... you'd be high to not think the game has not gotten better for Zerg players as time has gone on bit by bit.

I see that to continue too as time goes on.

Awesome Animals said:
Interesting to see how much terran drops after bronze.

not as much interesting as perfectly logical.

people try out the multi after the single player, stick to what they know, lose horribly a couple of times then never touch the game again.

mescalineeyes said:
not as much interesting as perfectly logical.

people try out the multi after the single player, stick to what they know, lose horribly a couple of times then never touch the game again.

That's a reasonable point. I saw it more as people switching after getting out of Bronze League to another race.

zlatko

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
That's a reasonable point. I saw it more as people switching after getting out of Bronze League to another race.

That's what I ended up doing. Terran just isn't for me. I'm not able to keep up with their way of macro as well as Zerg or Protoss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom