• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

Day[9] Subscription FAQ

Q: Gasp! Do I have to pay to watch Day9tv?
A: No (lol). The Daily will continue as it always has. The voluntary subscription is a way for people to (voluntarily) give back and get some cool new features (included below)! ^______^

Q: How do I sign up?
A: Go to http://www.justin.tv/day9tv/subscribe and use the code "day9alpha" (with no quotes) to get April free!

Q: How much is it?
A: Five US American Dollars. (monthly subscription)

Q: What fancy features do I get?
A: You get a nifty badge in the chat channel and all ads are removed! We'll be adding on more and more neato stuff as time progresses, including chances to do fun things like play some monobattles with me :>.

Q: Why should I sign up?
A: The community has been amazing enough to give unsolicited donations to help support me and the show. The voluntary subscription allows me the chance to give back to all the kind folks who wish to continue their support : ]. Also, With my grad program finishing up OH so soon, I'll be devoting myself to eSports full time! So, I'll have the chance to turn any income generated by day9tv into awesome projects to help promote and further eSports and gaming :D. Did I mention you get a nifty chat badge?

Q: How do I look?
A: Awfully pretty <3.

Day9 bringing out a subscription. Can still watch the daily for free though (which is what i will still do)

Tntnnbltn

I did mention this in the AusGAF thread, but seeming how we are on the topic of Day9...

iiNet is pleased (and maybe a little bit excited) to bring Day[9] TV to its freezone line up.

Australian viewers can now watch Day[9] videos ad-free, lag-free and for iiNet customers, quota-free. No longer will you need to send requests to Day[9] asking him to ship you hard drives of content down-under (Which really does happen).

Competitive online gaming has exploded in popularity over the past few years, with fierce competition across a number of genres making it a legitimate and compelling spectator sport. Cyber sportsfolk work hard to stay at the top of their game, and we reckon there’s no finer specimen than Day[9].

http://freezone.iinet.net.au/channels/freezone/gaming/day9-webcasts

Tntnnbltn

mcrae said:
so is iinet a internet provider, that also streams tv on their website?
iiNet is an Australian ISP. They are hosting the files locally (and you can access them from the net). Anyone can access the files from iiNet's server, which will give a much better performance for Australian users. Plus they are ad free.

Also, when iiNet users access the files from iiNet's server it doesn't count towards monthly download caps.

BigAT

Birdman02 said:
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x274/B1rdman02/Promotion-1-1.jpg[IMG]

After a tough losing streak to a diamond, gold and 2 silver players, my next opponent (a gold) left right as the game started. Kind of a shitty way to end my bronze days, but I'm glad they're over!![/QUOTE]
Congrats Bird.

mcrae

just played a sweet game.

scouted with ings, didnt see any cannons, burrowed roaches into main, formed them up so his probes couldnt escape (lots of buildings nearby) and had 6 mutas waiting near the expansion. my overlord near the expo could see the stalkers protecting the mineral line, so i unburrowed the roaches and his whole army 1a'd into his main, i let my roaches die while killing off his expansions probe line. i saw 3 collossus so made 7-8 corrupters to compliment my now hydra/ling only army. he had a last ditch effort attack which i shut down pretty well.

earlier that game i got 4 lings into his base because he sent his first zealot to attack my in-base extractor. they got a pylon. then i proceeded to pick off a zealot and stalker en-route to his late 4 gate, which i quickly tossed up 3 spines and sacc'd my queen and held.

such a satisfying game.

Zzoram

They should buff gateway build times AFTER you finish warp gate research.

So a Zealot/Stalker/Sentry/DT/HT take ~5 seconds less to build from a Gateway than Warp Gate cooldown for example. Right now Warp Gate cool down is around 5 seconds faster than Gateway build time.

That would give superb macro players a reason to consider getting the Warp Gate research but not actually using Warp Gates.

Spl1nter

Zzoram said:
They should buff gateway build times AFTER you finish warp gate research.

So a Zealot/Stalker/Sentry/DT/HT take ~5 seconds less to build from a Gateway than Warp Gate cooldown for example. Right now Warp Gate cool down is around 5 seconds faster than Gateway build time.

That would give superb macro players a reason to consider getting the Warp Gate research but not actually using Warp Gates.

Current Times:
Gateway = X + 5
Warpgate = X

Revision:

Before Warpgate Research
Gateway = X + 5

After Warpgate Research
Gateway = X
Warpgate = X + 5

Shorten Warpgate transformation time as well.

Sets a clear defenders advantage for pvp and helps in the other matchups as well.

Deadman

I like all those changes but i dont think blizzard would want to so radically change protoss in a patch like that.

They should have never put warpgates in the game, its a cool and fun thing to have but it makes balance a nightmare.

ultron87

If you made it so Gateways were faster than Warpgates you'd have to add some sort of mechanic where you couldn't go:

Zealot
To Warpgate
Zealot
To Gateway (while WG is cooling down)
Zealot

Since that would allow for way quicker production, theoretically.

Though I bet you some group of people would praise such a stupidly micro intensive method of increasing production as "bringing complexity back to Starcraft!"

Vaporak

Zzoram said:
. Right now Warp Gate cool down is around 5 seconds faster than Gateway build time.

Warpgate cooldown is exactly 5 seconds faster than the unit build time out of a gateway, but warping in from a warpgate is exactly 5 seconds as well. Wargates don't actually build units faster, they just get there where you want them faster.

ultron87 said:
If you made it so Gateways were faster than Warpgates you'd have to add some sort of mechanic where you couldn't go:

Zealot
To Warpgate
Zealot
To Gateway (while WG is cooling down)
Zealot

Since that would allow for way quicker production, theoretically.

Though I bet you some group of people would praise such a stupidly micro intensive method of increasing production as "bringing complexity back to Starcraft!"

You actually used to be able to do this, then blizzard made the warpgate transformation take a lot longer so that you couldn't accelerate building units this way. And lots of people on TL did praise the guy who figured it out iirc.

ultron87

I'm pretty sure the WG cooldown is ten seconds faster than the unit build time. And I believe the cooldown starts as soon as you start the warp in. So you do get stuff quite a bit faster.

Deadman

ultron87 said:
I'm pretty sure the WG cooldown is ten seconds faster than the unit build time. And I believe the cooldown starts as soon as you start the warp in. So you do get stuff quite a bit faster.

Yes. 10 seconds faster, 5 second warp in, therefore 5 second net gain. Game seconds of course.

twofold

Laddering has become no fun. Out of my last 20 odd games, about 15 of them have been ZvZ. Why are there so many Zergs around? Eurgh.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
twofold said:
Laddering has become no fun. Out of my last 20 odd games, about 15 of them have been ZvZ. Why are there so many Zergs around? Eurgh.

Maybe it's because you veto the same maps?

Raelson

Super excited for the changes Blizzard is bringing to Protoss.
Let's hope they make the warp-in time longer than using gateways normally. Would create lots of different dynamics and make Protoss not as boring to play.

Haunted

Anything to make PvP more interesting.

Man, ret got fucking rolled by some local no names in his group at the Copenhagen Games. The only known player who fell in the group stages. :(

TL slump continues. At least TLO advanced convincingly.

twofold

Pankaks said:
Maybe it's because you veto the same maps?

Only got DQ downvoted.

It was especially horrible tonight since I had 8 (edit - on second thoughts, it may have been 7 - either way, it was a lot) ZvZs in a row. One of the guys I played was on his 12th ZvZ in a row, heh. It's messed up.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
all the gaf zergs are abandoning me.

more baneling busts for me!
P7Ljh.gif

Haunted

mescalineeyes said:
HotS single player will be shown end of may.
*crickets*
I care!

And I thought it was next week. Read that on TL somewhere. Not sure I like the RPG mechanics they're alluding to, but we'll see.

Haunted said:
I care!

And I thought it was next week. Read that on TL somewhere. Not sure I like the RPG mechanics they're alluding to, but we'll see.

I'm thinking it is going to be similar to WCIII RPG mechanics. But that means they could introduce heros to SCII MP, which would be bad.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zoukka said:
Looking at the IGN games...

CatZ needs to fucking babysit his broodlords goddamn.
CatZ needs to have them taken away from him and put into protective services.
hurrrr, 10 range unit over a gap, fly into marine range!
durr i have to kill the pf at the gold or his income will be insane! whatdayamean he cant mine with my broods there?

Haunted

Morrow going for Roach/Hydra Burrow against MC's 2 base colossus.

I foresee a lot of Zerg QQ about imba forcefields in roughly 5/6 minutes.

Haunted

Morrow actually played his midgame so well. Burrowing away as soon as any FFs even go down, only trying to snipe Colossi/Sentries.

But his transition to the lategame came too late... no Infestors, no Hive, no tier 3 tech up at all when MC amassed his usual army compo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom