• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

Panda I think me and you have a good chance of winning the Toronto Starcraft Lan. These look like the only decent players that may have a sliver of a chance of beating us:

SlayerSBekHo
ROOTDdoRo
coLRyze
coLAntimage
NrGdde
xiGerbil

You can take dde right?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Spl1nter said:
Panda I think me and you have a good chance of winning the Toronto Starcraft Lan. These look like the only decent players that may have a sliver of a chance of beating us.

NrGostojiy
Baz
SlayerSBekHo
ROOTDdoRo
coLRyze
coLAntimage
vVvStarkad
NrGdde
xiGerbil

You can take dde right?

you doods going? make sure to rock the gaf tag :p .. or dont.. evilore might sue

Haunted

Spl1nter said:
Panda I think me and you have a good chance of winning the Toronto Starcraft Lan. These look like the only decent players that may have a sliver of a chance of beating us:

SlayerSBekHo
ROOTDdoRo
coLRyze
coLAntimage
NrGdde
xiGerbil

You can take dde right?
You both in/near Toronto? No harm in going, how many Masters players can lil ol Canada have.

Spl1nter

Haunted said:
You both in/near Toronto? No harm in going, how many Masters players can lil ol Canada have.

Both me and scogoth live in Toronto; Panda lives in Hamilton.

Terp also lives in Toronto however, he hasn't been on in a while.

zlatko

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Both me and scogoth live in Toronto; Panda lives in Hamilton.

Terp also lives in Toronto however, he hasn't been on in a while.

Try to capture some footage or save those replays for Gaf to fap over. :) Good luck if you go too. Remember Marines are pretty good you should make them. :p

Today I had about 7 losses in a row. After the 7th I looked at my friends to see who was online and saw FXOSheth. I added him to my friends list from the time he played with Gaf against Panda. So I look at his recent games, and just look at his opening build order and look at how long games generally last and how many wins he has, because he was doing the same opening just about every single game.

I say wtf and try it out for myself. I mean I'm already 7 down and feel like Gold League was too much for lil ol me. I then win. Win again. Win after that. Win after that! Keep winning.

Sheths build order is hawt even when I'm just loosely following it. Turns out everyone in Gold league plays like everyone in silver/bronze with fucking 1 base timing pushes. Sheths BO is set up for a quick expand, sick econ, but always enough units to hold that timing push if you just send your first ling to the bottom of their ramp to wait and see when it's coming.

I need to fine tune it more, because once that first push is held off I'm not going to lose against the people on ladder.

Anyone else play similar to him and have some tips for the way to properly play with his build ?

zlatko said:
Try to capture some footage or save those replays for Gaf to fap over. :) Good luck if you go too. Remember Marines are pretty good you should make them. :p

Today I had about 7 losses in a row. After the 7th I looked at my friends to see who was online and saw FXOSheth. I added him to my friends list from the time he played with Gaf against Panda. So I look at his recent games, and just look at his opening build order and look at how long games generally last and how many wins he has, because he was doing the same opening just about every single game.

I say wtf and try it out for myself. I mean I'm already 7 down and feel like Gold League was too much for lil ol me. I then win. Win again. Win after that. Win after that! Keep winning.

Sheths build order is hawt even when I'm just loosely following it. Turns out everyone in Gold league plays like everyone in silver/bronze with fucking 1 base timing pushes. Sheths BO is set up for a quick expand, sick econ, but always enough units to hold that timing push if you just send your first ling to the bottom of their ramp to wait and see when it's coming.

I need to fine tune it more, because once that first push is held off I'm not going to lose against the people on ladder.

Anyone else play similar to him and have some tips for the way to properly play with his build ?

You mind sharing?

Q8D3vil

TheThunder said:
CombatEX is gonna take that if he goes anyway.

Cannons are a good unit.
watching other players stream is a good strategy too.

Random: 9.0%
Protoss: 34.3%
Terran: 26.3%
Zerg: 30.4%
expected, blizzard really did it after the last nerf.
no wonder many terrans are quitting/switching.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spl1nter said:

SlayerSBekHo
ROOTDdoRo
coLRyze
coLAntimage
NrGdde
xiGerbil

You can take dde right?
pretty sure thats not the real dde, the guy registered to tl in 2010.

but oh yeah, another day, another protoss.

HolyCheck

I've had quite the morning!
Gom forums:
rz3m5.jpg

youtube:
d16NC.jpg

HolyCheck

Awesome Animals said:
The first one confuses me, why does he flip out at you?

he was bitching about how the GSL world cup was free and now they make us pay for the current GSL

/ if you mean towards the end :p check the spelling of Australia

HolyCheck said:
he was bitching about how the GSL world cup was free and now they make us pay for the current GSL

/ if you mean towards the end :p check the spelling of Australia

Went completely over my head, lol. Although I still don't understand why linguistics became his ringer argument.

Kawl_USC

So I'm thinking about switching from Toss to Zerg cause I want to mix things up. But the Zerg mechanics are just so different from T and P, that it is a bit off setting. So any of the high level Zergs here have any advice for making the transition for a low level player?

Birdman02

Promotion-1-1.jpg

After a tough losing streak to a diamond, gold and 2 silver players, my next opponent (a gold) left right as the game started. Kind of a shitty way to end my bronze days, but I'm glad they're over!!

Zzoram

Birdman02 said:
Promotion-1-1.jpg

After a tough losing streak to a diamond, gold and 2 silver players, my next opponent (a gold) left right as the game started. Kind of a shitty way to end my bronze days, but I'm glad they're over!!

Congrats!

What do you think you learned that helped you move up from Bronze to Silver?

Zzoram

Pankaks said:
Dear Blizzard, just bring back Lurkers.

Please...

Zerg has 2 fewer units than Terran
Protoss has 1 fewer unit than Terran

If HotS adds 2 Zerg units, 1 Protoss, 1 Terran
LotV adds 2 Protoss units, 1 Zerg, 1 Terran

they will have an equal number of units. Think Blizzard planned it that way?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Zzoram said:
Zerg has 2 fewer units than Terran
Protoss has 1 fewer unit than Terran

If HotS adds 2 Zerg units, 1 Protoss, 1 Terran
LotV adds 2 Protoss units, 1 Zerg, 1 Terran

they will have an equal number of units. Think Blizzard planned it that way?
zerg
protoss
terran

-2+2=0.
-1+1=0
0+1=1

0+1=1
0+2=2
1+1=2

1=2=2

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1971759389?page=2

Hello to you, Protoss players. I am coming with a gift of information that some of you may find interesting!

We have been looking into the 4gate issue and our designers have played with a lot of different fixes and changes, even those that were not strictly numbers related. While strong, 4gate is a lesser problem in other matchups, but we recognize that PvP is a different story.

Just throwing a nerf bat at warpgates would make protoss weak in early game. This is why we are currently looking at increasing warpgate research time, while at the same time compensating for it with reducing build time of protoss tier 1-1.5 units (though build times reduced only for gateways, cooldowns will stay the same for warpgates). This is an example of a fix you may see, but our developers plan to explore further options, before the patch officially hits.

We will address 4gate in the next patch.

Huh

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
14gas/14pool is pretty much an autowin vs any vanilla gateway rush, so such a change shouldnt weaken zerg.

double stalker might make a reappearance vs early hatch, but that's fine.

Striek

Outside of helping PvP, those changes could make early game PvZ much (much?) harder yet possibly overpower early game PvT. Obviously depending on how significant any gateway build time buffs, warpgate research time nerfs are.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Striek said:
Outside of helping PvP, those changes could make early game PvZ much (much?) harder yet possibly overpower early game PvT. Obviously depending on how significant any gateway build time buffs, warpgate research time nerfs are.
they'll probably buff it up to be as long as stim, so +30seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom