• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aylinato

What a joyous occasion!!!!!!! My love for archons!!! They are massive!!!! now I shall build them!!!!!!!!!!! (again, in mass, to celebrate their massiveness)

mauhahahahhahahahaahhsahahahahahaahha

En Taro Adun!!! En Taro Tassadar!!! En Taro Artanis!!!

It was fantastic coming into the thread this morning to see an extremely lively discussion. I wish I could contribute, but my lowly bronze play limits anything I could say. I don't see many zergs in bronze level?

Aylinato

Awesome Animals said:
It was fantastic coming into the thread this morning to see an extremely lively discussion. I wish I could contribute, but my lowly bronze play limits anything I could say. I don't see many zergs in bronze level?

did you vote down any maps? (that might add to you not seeing a certain class)

btw, hows everyone feel about the plyon nerf? I feel it was to prevent cannon rushes

Deadman

The pylon nerf is interesting. I think maybe thats to help pvp as well. It means if you want to do that thing where you gain vision of the highground above a forcefield, then warp stuff up there, it means the pylon will have to be closer, maybe close enough for stalker to hit and destroy it.

Aylinato

Deadman said:
The pylon nerf is interesting. I think maybe thats to help pvp as well. It means if you want to do that thing where you gain vision of the highground above a forcefield, then warp stuff up there, it means the pylon will have to be closer, maybe close enough for stalker to hit and destroy it.

yea, it helps terrans and protoss, but not so much for zergs(unless ur counting a spine crawler)

ultron87

The pylon nerf makes the pylon have to be a little closer, but you're still not going to be able to stop someone from getting at least one pylon up within warp in distance of your ramp.

ultron87 said:
The pylon nerf makes the pylon have to be a little closer, but you're still not going to be able to stop someone from getting at least one pylon up within warp in distance of your ramp.
Yes, but you need to place them in stalker range to be able to do so.

ultron87

mescalineeyes said:
Yes, but you need to place them in stalker range to be able to do so.

Doesn't really matter when you don't have the firepower from your Stalkers at that point in the game to take down the pylon (much less take down a second pylon) before it finishes.

ultron87 said:
Doesn't really matter when you don't have the firepower from your Stalkers at that point in the game to take down the pylon (much less take down a second pylon) before it finishes.
Read the patchnotes again. You will be able to produce quite a few stalkers before warpgates finish now if you use your chrono right.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yoshichan said:
I did try it out a couple of times. I realized no blue flame hellion, siege tank, thor and viking in the world can kill a 200/200 (with reinforcement another +50 supply) toss death ball.
Not enough Thors.

Believe me, I'm an expert.

ultron87

mescalineeyes said:
Read the patchnotes again. You will be able to produce quite a few stalkers before warpgates finish now if you use your chrono right.

And then someone will put the pylon in a place where about 3 of your stalkers can hit it from the top of the ramp even with the range nerf since stalkers still have only range 6 compared to the pylon's range of 6.5.

But I digress, I generally just feel like the pylon nerf is not even needed with the increased warp gate time and slower warpgate. You should be able to get enough units to deal with the push whether or not they end up on top of your ramp.

And if they really wanted to fix the issue with warping in they should change how site works on a ramp so that you can stop warping in with a single forcefield.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ultron87 said:
And then someone will put the pylon in a place where about 3 of your stalkers can hit it from the top of the ramp even with the range nerf since stalkers still have only range 6 compared to the pylon's range of 6.5.

But I digress, I generally just feel like the pylon nerf is not even needed with the increased warp gate time and slower warpgate. You should be able to get enough units to deal with the push whether or not they end up on top of your ramp.

And if they really wanted to fix the issue with warping in they should change how site works on a ramp so that you can stop warping in with a single forcefield.
I think the 6.5 is from the center of the pylon so a 6 range unit can hit it, but I'm not sure.

syllogism said:
Thanks, I was looking for that.

Ikuu said:
That's what I said, Sheth may be a better coach as he was degree was in High School teaching.
Didn't know that, He's even more of a bad ass now to take on the challenge of actually being a teacher in public schools :lol

but yeah I think Incontrol might not be one of the best Protosses in the world but his coaching is definitely better than most if not all of them.

ultron87 said:

you actually need to have some surface area to warp in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahahaha, it's funny how much Starjeweled sucks balls.

Blizzard failed big time on this one. As usual.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Besides the gameplay sucking major ass, I like how the jewels moves in less than 6 frames per second. Genius!

Aylinato

MrMister said:
DOWN WITH 4 GATE! UP WITH ROBO, COUNCIL, AND AIR PLAY!

Also, gems in StarJeweled move slowly due to a UI limitation in the engine.

you mean up with robo(they nerfed all the other tech trees for protoss except carriers/DTs) [they did fix pheonixs though]

Dooraven

Archon buff woot. Now all I really want is a Carrier buff and nerfed version of ka.

I would like too see if Archon/T1/HT is feasible now, since Terran won't get many Vikings against this comp I wonder if loading HTs into Warp Prisms to protect from EMPs would work.

FoxSpirit

Btw, did anyone else stop playing because his enormously mismatched matchup skills?

Simplyx wasn't fun, Zerg-either way (but frantic), Terran win, Protoss loss.

Gah, I hope they can do something about that in HotS.

Spl1nter

FoxSpirit said:
Btw, did anyone else stop playing because his enormously mismatched matchup skills?

what are you even saying?

jasonng

A Scrub's Tale on Ladder:

I get empty wins on ladder. Like I always see the infinite amount of moments where I'm incredibly vulnerable and all it takes is a well timed push for me to crumble. When I do win though, it's because he made one or two crucial mistakes and he doesn't capitalize on the sea of mistakes I've made. When I play against a good player though, they do take advantage of my shortcomings and I lose. So I either get frustrating loses or hallow wins. Still thinking about switches races from zerg, but I don't know if it'll solve my dilemma.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Aylinato said:
What a joyous occasion!!!!!!! My love for archons!!! They are massive!!!! now I shall build them!!!!!!!!!!! (again, in mass, to celebrate their massiveness)

mauhahahahhahahahaahhsahahahahahaahha

En Taro Adun!!! En Taro Tassadar!!! En Taro Artanis!!!

High five!

I hated seeing my favorite units get utterly raped by marauders. But now everyone will feel the wraith of the puffy rage clouds!

BigAT

jasonng said:
A Scrub's Tale on Ladder:

I get empty wins on ladder. Like I always see the infinite amount of moments where I'm incredibly vulnerable and all it takes is a well timed push for me to crumble. When I do win though, it's because he made one or two crucial mistakes and he doesn't capitalize on the sea of mistakes I've made. When I play against a good player though, they do take advantage of my shortcomings and I lose. So I either get frustrating loses or hallow wins. Still thinking about switches races from zerg, but I don't know if it'll solve my dilemma.
You, like, need to get a new perspective on things maaaaaan. Seriously though, you're looking at things incorrectly. Starcraft, on any level, is often simply about making less mistakes than your opponent. It happens on every level, it just so happens that the level you're at the mistakes are glaring and obvious as opposed to the pro level where it's tiny mistakes (that still have a huge effect on the outcome of the game).

You shouldn't be discouraged by winning in this manner. If anything you should feel decent that you're at least aware of the mistakes you're making, which should mean that they're fixable. You should act similarly towards your losses. Look back after the game as to the reason you lost. If it's because of a huge mistake you made, resolve in the future to be more aware of that and be less likely to recommit the same mistake.

zoukka

FoxSpirit said:

You need to get into the game again. I miss your fungalis.

IceMarker

Both HoN and SCII tear me a new asshole every week, I lose a lot in both games.

Maybe I should just go back to FPS's where I win every day of the week.

scogoth

MrMister said:

Or.............. play sc2 until BF3 comes out and forget HoN

rsam87

Fellow Brotoss: So I haven't really played a lot since the patch that took out the High Templar energy upgrade.

Has much changed since then in terms of general strategies?

PvP: All 4 gate all the time? Glad the patch might help this
PvZ: Forge FE still viable? 3 Gate expo? 4 gate? Expo then 6 gate? Collo/Void?
PvT: I used to do HT almost all the time here, what is it now, Collo/Phoenix? Double forge?

fanboi

Banned
MrMister said:

Maybe.

But you lose your soul bit by bit.

scogoth

rsam87 said:
Fellow Brotoss: So I haven't really played a lot since the patch that took out the High Templar energy upgrade.

Has much changed since then in terms of general strategies?

PvP: All 4 gate all the time? Glad the patch might help this
PvZ: Forge FE still viable? 3 Gate expo? 4 gate? Expo then 6 gate? Collo/Void?
PvT: I used to do HT almost all the time here, what is it now, Collo/Phoenix? Double forge?

My (very noob) builds
PvP: 2 gate
PvZ: 2 gate or 3 gate expand into 2 base colossus
PvT: 2 gate or 2 gate robo or (vs splinter special strat) gg

syllogism

Lalush posted a replay of a tournament game in which he loses despite having

9 hydras, a broodlord, 14 roaches, 2 infestors, 11 corruptors, 9 lings, 30 larva 4k minerals

while the protoss at the same point the protoss had

8 stalkers 408 minerals

They were on somewhat equal bases, but ouch. Basically he thought the game was over and was a-moving units and not upgrading and the protoss kept making 3-3-2 blink stalkers, had some cannons and eventually somehow won

http://www.esl.eu/eu/sc2/dailymotio...eu/sc2/dailymotion/qualifier2/match/22497609/

zoukka

Well I just lost a game where I made 10 ultras and a fuckload of roaches only to have half of them run into tank range when they spawned...

This was the eight loss tonight :D

I'm seriously rethinking this whole "let's play SCII again" idea of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom