• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

just had a really fun match. 4v4, i maxed off 3 base with ling/ultra/6 queens/6 infestors almost fully upgraded.

that army more or less died off, then i remade roaches/hydras/ultras/8ish infestors

that army did die off, so i started spamming infestors, hydras, lings, and a couple ultras. by this time im on like 5.5 bases

ended up leading the resource, unit, and structures scoreboard. i made something like 480 units and killed 440 cause infestors are awesome. neural'd a bunch of bcs and some collossi, fungalled stalkers and mutas, infested terrans took out at least two expos.... so fun.

Deadly

mcrae said:
just had a really fun match. 4v4, i maxed off 3 base with ling/ultra/6 queens/6 infestors almost fully upgraded.

that army more or less died off, then i remade roaches/hydras/ultras/8ish infestors

that army did die off, so i started spamming infestors, hydras, lings, and a couple ultras. by this time im on like 5.5 bases

ended up leading the resource, unit, and structures scoreboard. i made something like 480 units and killed 440 cause infestors are awesome. neural'd a bunch of bcs and some collossi, fungalled stalkers and mutas, infested terrans took out at least two expos.... so fun.
On what map do you have 5.5bases of your own?

zoukka

What do I learn from cheesy opponents? To insta-scout yippee!

zoukka, what kind of cheese are you getting ?

Today: 5rax marines with SCV. 2 proxy gates. 2rax with a lot of SCV and PvP's were all 4gates (not cheese, but c'mon son).

Tho the reason why I lost so many matches is that I had a long break and as a random player I have three morning stiff races on my hands :b

EDIT: Checked the match history and all opponents were diamond. Weird huh. I was afraid I was losing to gold players due to the long losing streak :b

mcrae

Deadly said:
On what map do you have 5.5bases of your own?

first attack ball
http://i.imgur.com/z9ONJ.jpg

first set of neurals
http://i.imgur.com/46AwQ.jpg

image with '5.5' bases
http://i.imgur.com/6Mcp2.jpg

i guess i should have clarified that my original 3 were mined out. so then i grabbed my allies expo, as well as a gold which i ended up sharing. my allies main still had a geyser with 1k gas left, so i grabbed that too. so, 6 hatcheries, count it as as many bases as you wish lol

Haunted

Yoshichan said:
Fuck my life. Yes, increase their build time AND don't let us get our minerals back. Now let's see how many people will be wanting to use bunkers as an offensive tool. Hey Blizzard, here's the answer - NO ONE.

Is that it, nothing more in this patch? What happened to my reaper buff? To my colossi nerf?
Yoshi trying his hardest being the worst SC2 balance person next to Chroniclex.

Complaining about Bunkers not being free anymore, wow.

YakiSOBA

mcrae said:
first attack ball
http://i.imgur.com/z9ONJ.jpg

first set of neurals
http://i.imgur.com/46AwQ.jpg

image with '5.5' bases
http://i.imgur.com/6Mcp2.jpg

i guess i should have clarified that my original 3 were mined out. so then i grabbed my allies expo, as well as a gold which i ended up sharing. my allies main still had a geyser with 1k gas left, so i grabbed that too. so, 6 hatcheries, count it as as many bases as you wish lol

Wow, if I compare my video settings to yours, I swear it looks like I'm playing a totally different game! That is really sick!

Haunted

zoukka said:
watching Idra not get harassed...

lol

That's pretty low man.
I'll stop being snarky when he stops making terrible posts.

I know he has to play to his rage persona, but complaining about salvage getting a slight nerf (really, it's more symbolic than anything) is crossing the line.

mcrae

YakiSOBA said:
Wow, if I compare my video settings to yours, I swear it looks like I'm playing a totally different game! That is really sick!

lol thanks! but i only have my settings at high.. ultra probably looks way better.

thats the awesome thing about blizzard games though. lower end pcs can run them, and higher end ones can make them look amazing

twofold

zoukka said:
What do I learn from cheesy opponents? To insta-scout yippee!

Today: 5rax marines with SCV. 2 proxy gates. 2rax with a lot of SCV and PvP's were all 4gates (not cheese, but c'mon son).

Tho the reason why I lost so many matches is that I had a long break and as a random player I have three morning stiff races on my hands :b

EDIT: Checked the match history and all opponents were diamond. Weird huh. I was afraid I was losing to gold players due to the long losing streak :b

There seems to be days when all you get is cheese and others when all you get is macro games.

For example, three Saturdays ago, every single protoss I played 4 gated, without fail. 5 games - 5 4wgs.

The next Saturday, every Protoss went 3 gate expand. Not a single 4wg.

Still, I don't find laddering very fun at the moment. I think I'm burned out on SC2. Time to work on my Single Player backlog, I guess. Portal 2 and Crysis 2 down (and both were bloody good, too).

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Should play LoL, with SC2 if you lose you can really only blame yourself, but with LoL you can just blame your team and act like you're amazing =D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haunted said:
Yoshi trying his hardest being the worst SC2 balance person next to Chroniclex
Hanted trying his best to hide his true feelings. That he clearly loves me <3

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'm only in Bronze 4v4 so I usually just troll people with mass Sentry or other stupid stuff =D I did win a 4v4 myself the other week with Brood Lord, Infestor it was pretty hilarious.

It's a shame IdrA is playing such weak players at the moment.

Trickster

Ikuu said:
I'm only in Bronze 4v4 so I usually just troll people with mass Sentry or other stupid stuff =D I did win a 4v4 myself the other week with Brood Lord, Infestor it was pretty hilarious.

It's a shame IdrA is playing such weak players at the moment.

side effect of playing on the NA ladder?

trollface.jpg

Zzoram

Ikuu said:
Should play LoL, with SC2 if you lose you can really only blame yourself, but with LoL you can just blame your team and act like you're amazing =D

I think that's the hardest thing for people to handle about SC2. Personally I think it's character building.

Zzoram said:
I think that's the hardest thing for people to handle about SC2. Personally I think it's character building.

I have found it extremely therapeutic. I play so much FIFA, which comes down to bullshit exploits that to have a game where I lose because I know I made mistakes or just wasn't good enough is refreshing.

IceMarker

MrMister said:
xOjlJ.png

The 21st weekly Starcraft II GAF night, now with more Tuesday! This is just a reminder.
STARTING NOW!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trickster said:
EU sever not working for anyone else?
Bnet is fucked for me.

Yoshichan

I didn't understand what Gretorp said about the bunker not being able to hold an early zealot/stalker push? The bunker will be able to hold it, I'm sure.

ultron87

zlatko said:
I really feel the changes to Protoss will make the ZvP match up super in favor of Zerg in the early game. A 6 pool would be even deadlier wouldn't it?

How would units coming out of a gateway 5 seconds faster make a 6-pool deadlier?

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
I really feel the changes to Protoss will make the ZvP match up super in favor of Zerg in the early game. A 6 pool would be even deadlier wouldn't it?
Huh? You'll be able to get out the early zealot/sentry quicker than ever now.

Yoshichan said:
I didn't understand what Gretorp said about the bunker not being able to hold an early zealot/stalker push? The bunker will be able to hold it, I'm sure.
he was saying the timings will need to be relearned, that first poke with a zealot and stalker will be at your ramp minimum 10 seconds earlier

ultron87

zlatko said:
Zoopsies I just read the patch notes. I missed that they are also lowering build times for units. I thought it was just extending the warp gate research.

You must be facing a very odd version of a six pool if having warp gate 40 seconds later would result in your death by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom