• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Don't you love when you've been working on a build and it finally clicks? I just had one of those. I'd been having trouble being able to get off of my back foot from early pressure, so I had to adjust for a more aggressive economic build. I made my own tweaks to the 2rax expand build and I'm very happy with it. I've held some mean rushes off and turned around and won while still on 2 bases around the time I'd generally be wanting to take a 3rd.

Time to go use up that bonus pool...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Only difficult match to predict is MvP vs IdrA.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's the bo?

Yoshichan

What race does Nv.xiaOt play?

jasonng

I didn't know there was two boxers. According to the facts screen, San beat two Boxers in GSL.

LAWWWLS how about showing us the game?

Yoshichan

ffs when does foxer play.

Yoshichan

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOO FOXER ♥

Yoshichan

Terrible game. Absolutely terrible in all ways

So from now on when I let a Protoss get 6+ colossi, I'm just going to admit to myself that I lost and it's because I let that happen. Takes way too many corruptors to snipe them before they melt my (thereby diminished) ground army, and infestors using neural parasite just get focused down instantly. Is it even worth trying baneling drops in a situation like that?

Yoshichan

Probably the worst TvP I've ever witnessed to see in my entire fucking life. And I'm not even kidding :lol I was literally yawning half the game, that toss player is so fucking boring to watch. Typical casual 200/200 deathball and A+click-play. Yes!

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Probably the worst TvP I've ever witnessed to see in my entire fucking life. And I'm not even kidding :lol I was literally yawning half the game, that toss player is so fucking boring to watch. Typical casual 200/200 deathball and A+click-play. Yes!

You'd think if MarineKing was the better player in that game, then he'd be some sort of super smart wizard and beat if it's so typical and casual.

Toss player played a solid and smart game. Didn't have 1 control group for his army, really good micro, and even sent in DTS during the army fights to take out MarineKing's 4th expansion. Plus, MarineKing got greedy not making Planetaries.

V_Arnold

Lol, I drunk-SCII-d, lost to a 4gate as Zerg, said "fuck it", and went for protoss.
Got a PVP on shattered, shouted FOUR GATE ALL DAY to the opponent. He knew it, defended it, but my superior micro helped me while I researched +1 attack after a quick shift. It finished, and damn, zealot+stalker +1 demolished that group of stalkers, gg afterwards :D

4gate is a fucking joke.

WedgeX

Banned
Dizzy's play of the night.

One maurader v. a spine crawler and all of outlaw's base.

mauraderslikeaboss.png

cdyhybrid

So I decided to switch to Random after playing some Terran last night. What builds should I be practicing to get better at T and P? I've got 1rax FE for Terran and 3gate FE, Forge FE, and 4gate for PvP for Protoss. Am I missing any?

ultron87

Won said:
lol @ Idra

Also lol @ return of energy on Thors. What the hell Blizzard?

Indirect buff to Templar! Whoo!

Edit: All the commentary on this SOTG makes it sound great. I look forward to listening to it on my drive home tomorrow.

zlatko

Banned
Day 9 makes some good points on the overall game balance, but idra is 100% right about the problems with Zerg early game.

With those early game problems, Blizzard has to do something to help with scouting, like increase overlord health or speed so you can scout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom