• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
one thing i hate about obs games...

you play a good game and want to see why you lost, but it takes 25 minutes to ff to the point you lost. xD

Striek

Corran Horn said:
Love when people cant take losing in a PvP.
Dude plays random so I 10gate (too many cases when people random zerg and 6pool). I play defensive 4gate, and surprise he 4gates me. I hold with a probe near his base, warp 2 zealots and he rages to me in chat after game. haha.

http://www.askcorran.com/PvPCallingShit.SC2Replay

Diamond level play, true warriors.
Haha, at the end. Pretty risky move warping in zealots elsewhere while defending at your ramp :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corran Horn said:
Love when people cant take losing in a PvP.
Dude plays random so I 10gate (too many cases when people random zerg and 6pool). I play defensive 4gate, and surprise he 4gates me. I hold with a probe near his base, warp 2 zealots and he rages to me in chat after game. haha.

http://www.askcorran.com/PvPCallingShit.SC2Replay

Diamond level play, true warriors.
Lovely bash in the end lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Striek said:
Haha, at the end. Pretty risky move warping in zealots elsewhere while defending at your ramp :p
PvP makes me want to die so I end up doing risky shit to make it interesting at times lol.

Yoshichan said:
Lovely bash in the end lol
He started calling me shit in chat right after the game then immediately put me on the ignore list so I couldnt talk back to him haha.

Tntnnbltn

Pandaman said:
one thing i hate about obs games...

you play a good game and want to see why you lost, but it takes 25 minutes to ff to the point you lost. xD
Why are you playing games that are over 3 StarCraft hours long?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Tntnnbltn said:
Why are you playing games that are over 3 StarCraft hours long?
because i like to see people cheese me, fail and leave the game and then have the situation repeat until you're the last one standing. >_>

I played some pretty decent zvps against a friend's clan (mid-high EU masters) yesterday. I all killed them :D

here's the 2 replays I liked best.
http://cl.ly/6RFI

I recommend that everyone who is having trouble sustaining any sort of cheese by protoss players to watch these replays as they show pretty much the safest economically viable opening against P.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
I played some pretty decent zvps against a friend's clan (mid-high EU masters) yesterday. I all killed them :D

here's the 2 replays I liked best.
http://cl.ly/6RFI

I recommend that everyone who is having trouble sustaining any sort of cheese by protoss players to watch these replays as they show pretty much the safest economically viable opening against P.
i think you could have been much more aggressive about placing your hatch. you had an opening to do it before building the lings and if ou can, i think you should do it.
your gas was also waaay early and it being undersaturated resulted in your speedling upgrade being late as all hell but also immediately made redundant by your roach/hydra tech.
hive and upgrades also slipped a bit.
also never walk your whole army into his expansion main, thats a good way to get forcefielded and lose in the most bitter wa possible.

on the plus side:
aren't fungals awesome when tech greedy protoss want to retreat? :p

Pandaman said:
your gas was also waaay early and it being undersaturated resulted in your speedling upgrade being late as all hell but also immediately made redundant by your roach/hydra tech.

that's the build. you are delaying speed to get an earlier expansion.

there's 2 games in there, I am not sure which one you are talking about :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
I feel you need it to hold off 4 gate.
you didnt have it in time for a 4gate.

im saying just go straight roach, cutting the gas for a few food would easily make up the extra 50 mineral investment. make like 5 roaches and if he doesnt 4gate, just go snipe sentries/bait forcefields with em.

IceMarker

Ultrabum said:
MrMister, fix your computer yet??????
More like I ripped some good parts out of the old one to help build a new one. I'm currently sitting here with a 1 TB and a 600 GB HDD in my new case with brand new parts and for now I'm transferring stuff from my old 600 GB to my new 1 TB. It won't be until next week that things will be back to normal, I have a lot of kinks to work out, but by the end of all this I will have been reborn with more powerful everything, so those 4v4s won't be as laggy in all ling matches. Also, I need to find a legit copy of Windows 7 Home Premium, I'm on evaluation copy for 30 days and if anyone can find a legit copy that isn't OEM or $200 let me know.

zlatko

Banned
I wish I could go to Blizzcon this year. I think it'll be amazing with all of the stuff they'll be putting out for D3 and Heart of the Swarm. Anyone ever read this line from the Blizzcon Info?

"Prohibited Items: Desktop computers; laptops; electronic storage devices; edged weapons (such as knives, daggers, or swords for costumes), actual clubs, maces, or other crushing weapons; projectile weapons, even if unloaded or nonfunctional (including air guns, longbows, crossbows, etc.), alcohol, fireworks, glass bottles, cans, large containers."

I laughed hard.

zlatko said:
I wish I could go to Blizzcon this year. I think it'll be amazing with all of the stuff they'll be putting out for D3 and Heart of the Swarm. Anyone ever read this line from the Blizzcon Info?

"Prohibited Items: Desktop computers; laptops; electronic storage devices; edged weapons (such as knives, daggers, or swords for costumes), actual clubs, maces, or other crushing weapons; projectile weapons, even if unloaded or nonfunctional (including air guns, longbows, crossbows, etc.), alcohol, fireworks, glass bottles, cans, large containers."

I laughed hard.
The one that really got me was large containers, reminded me of http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArsonMurderAndJaywalking

Tntnnbltn

Been trialling a mineral dumping strat with my friend in 4v4s. I funnel all of my money and gas to him constantly, he gets very fast tech, upgrades, production facilities and units.

Works great, except for when dickwads on your team go '16 minutes in and you don't even have a gateway. I'm ending this' and then attack all of your nexuses with their lings, cutting off money from the only person on the team who had a decent army. :mad:

Tntnnbltn said:
Been trialling a mineral dumping strat with my friend in 4v4s. I funnel all of my money and gas to him constantly, he gets very fast tech, upgrades, production facilities and units.

Works great, except for when dickwads on your team go '16 minutes in and you don't even have a gateway. I'm ending this' and then attack all of your nexuses with their lings, cutting off money from the only person on the team who had a decent army. :mad:

Oh stupid pubbies. I do like the sound of that strategy and have pondered it myself when playing team games. How do you defend against a potential rush against your base, does the man you are funnelling too split his army to protect you?

Tntnnbltn

Awesome Animals said:
Oh stupid pubbies. I do like the sound of that strategy and have pondered it myself when playing team games. How do you defend against a potential rush against your base, does the man you are funnelling too split his army to protect you?
Works well for 4v4 maps where you all spawn together, or where it's split 2-2 but we share the same half. When completely split apart we go standard.

I usually open forge first to ward off early rushes, and provide detection. Also keeps me gas-free so all that can be transferred once the 5 minute transfer embargo is over.

Ecto311

MrMister said:
More like I ripped some good parts out of the old one to help build a new one. I'm currently sitting here with a 1 TB and a 600 GB HDD in my new case with brand new parts and for now I'm transferring stuff from my old 600 GB to my new 1 TB. It won't be until next week that things will be back to normal, I have a lot of kinks to work out, but by the end of all this I will have been reborn with more powerful everything, so those 4v4s won't be as laggy in all ling matches. Also, I need to find a legit copy of Windows 7 Home Premium, I'm on evaluation copy for 30 days and if anyone can find a legit copy that isn't OEM or $200 let me know.
Amazon has the family pack for $99 recently. Maybe that would work.

joelseph

Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family packs or Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade are the cheapest SKUs and work no problems, no upgrade neccesary.

twofold

Tntnnbltn said:

Two Protoss and two zerg.

Protoss drop forges and cannons to protect the base. Two Zergs tech up to Mutas asap with Protoss feeding them gas.

Fly mutas to opponents base.

Laugh as they die to your flock of mutas.

Someone did this to me in 4v4 a few weeks back - they had about 40 mutas in our base at the 9 minute mark. :|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Korean Starcraft 2 client installed and running perfectly...

I love this shit. Feels like a new game :D

hamchan

Watching Artosis stream is more entertaining and educational that watching the NASL, I love it.

Also I just found out SlayersCella became the head coach of Slayers, good on him.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
hamchan said:
Watching Artosis stream is more entertaining and educational that watching the NASL, I love it.

Also I just found out SlayersCella became the head coach of Slayers, good on him.

expecting to see slayers players make more appearences in foreign tourneys now!

Yoshichan

I don't trust these graphs at all.

Proc

How many people own a second account?

I sort of want another account to play without friend hassle and try out some new tactics/races I've thought about without changing my rank. I think I might feel dirty if I actually go through with this lol

fanboi

Banned
Proc said:
How many people own a second account?

I sort of want another account to play without friend hassle and try out some new tactics/races I've thought about without changing my rank. I think I might feel dirty if I actually go through with this lol

Ofc I dont have one!

ultron87

Pandaman said:
i didnt post that one because the number of games is so low the information is useless.
zerg has a seemingly huge spike in zvp, but in reality just one game in that month would be weighted at 4%.

True. It certainly isn't as statistically relevant, but it does include what is theoretically the highest skill level group of players so it is at least mildly interesting to look at.

It would obviously be quite unwise to use it as a basis for an essay on why Protoss is clearly underpowered or anything stupid like that.

Ashhong

MrMister said:

30$ with a student email

http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/windows/buynow/default.aspx

Spl1nter

lol 1v1 Obs is such a joke. Especially when you face gold players. The players asked how i split my marines so well when I went marine only against a zerg with baneling and infestor.

Yoshichan

Spl1nter said:
lol 1v1 Obs is such a joke. Especially when you face gold players. The players asked how i split my marines so well when I went marine only against a zerg with baneling and infestor.
Well, how do you do it.

Yoshichan

Spl1nter said:
box and move away, repeat
Was just wondering lol. Sometimes, with just a tiny, tiny bit of lag, my whole marine army is dead. God, I hate that shit. zerg ez mode etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom