• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ultron87 said:
Okay? Great. So you agree that using a scan costs something. And that with some builds that cost is more significant than in others.
no because the cost hinges entirely on your build.

if you put yourelf in a bad position, you can only blame yourself for having trouble with scouting. the cost only exists if you've already committed to muling before your supposed ;choice'.

mcrae

Detox said:
Forgive me as I'm new to this but does this mean I shouldn't build more scv's to mine after I have 16 already mining?

you should have 3 on each gas, and 16 on minerals. so when you box the area you should see two and a half rows of scvs, since two of them will be inside an extractor at the time.
mules can harvest from mineral patches at the same time as scvs are, so dont factor them in. 2 scvs per patch is optimal, as panda said, but you can get a bit more minerals/second by goign up to 3 scvs per patch. any more than that is pure waste. dont make more than 2/patch unless you are planning on expanding soon

Spl1nter

Detox said:
Forgive me as I'm new to this but does this mean I shouldn't build more scv's to mine after I have 16 already mining?

dont listen to these idiots. Build scv's constantly till you have 70, unless you are defending some sort of all in which you need to cut production to survive and win the game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Detox said:
no, as a terran you'll need to build up a surplus for your eventual expansion. even if they arent doing much for you now, once you secure your 2nd base your economy will surge ahead because they built them earlier.

aim for enough scv's to saturate 3 full bases.

jasonng

Spl1nter said:
you can always hit me up. Im there for you bro.
Of course! I actually do need to practice against early terran harass but you read me too well. I'm going to adjust to my new hotkeys first before I can the verbal abuse.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
WedgeX said:
"this will be easy"

"his harassments allow me to win"

"he scans, therefor is not going all in"

"i will win with three bases"

*loses*

I like this guy already.
he won. >_>

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Chinese Electric Batman said:
He's talking about the Fenix game, he lost.
the terran game that just happened where t opened banshee/viking and did a weird marine/tank push?

--

oh deezer, pro pylon. >_>

Detox

Thanks for the tips. So three bases I should have at least 48 or a few more mining. I usually get to around 60 on two bases. I guess I have to expand faster.

fanboi

Banned
Pandaman said:
the terran game that just happened where t opened banshee/viking and did a weird marine/tank push?

--

oh deezer, pro pylon. >_>
Yup, lost that.

"Terran units are quite good..."

*ragequit*

Jeff-DSA

Detox said:
Thanks for the tips. So three bases I should have at least 48 or a few more mining. I usually get to around 60 on two bases. I guess I have to expand faster.

Yeah, definitely get that third. You're oversaturing. That's awesome that you can get that many workers out, however. Most people have issues remembering to make them enough. Yours is a good problem to have.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
hamchan said:
lol @ person on Idra's stream that keeps trying to invite him to party.

go to bed lmao

EXMCGG8ZINSV1304382149884.jpg

so awesome.

Q8D3vil

wow, watching idra lose is way better than him bitching about the game.
go idra and lose another game for my sake.
i admin though that his play list is one of the best i heard.

love muse

Artosis > Idra

when it comes to talking shit about people on ladder. Idra just doesn't care and feels numb to the whole thing, but when Artosis losses, you feel the rage.

V_Arnold

You gotta be a pretty strong hater to not "get" what Idra is saying.
I mean, I am just a spectator, but the amounts of bullshit he has to endure is simply mind-boggling. The moment I saw that Thor+hellion+marine+SCV allin, I almost got pissed myself. Insane.

Or you can be either a blind terran-player also, in addition to hating Idra. But that really is bullshit. Bull-shit.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sheth and his fake niceness

day9tv Sean Plott
Holy double wtf thank you to @fxosheth for donating all his ad revenue to me yesterday <3333. Go follow him and tell him he's beautiful 8)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It would have been nice to see Sheth donate the money to an actual charity rather than someone who has his own way of making money.

Ikuu

Well considering he donated it to Day9 and is going to donate to places like TeamLiquid it's pretty apparent he isn't, just prefer to see a charity day go to someplace that could actually use the money.

V_Arnold said:
You gotta be a pretty strong hater to not "get" what Idra is saying.
I mean, I am just a spectator, but the amounts of bullshit he has to endure is simply mind-boggling. The moment I saw that Thor+hellion+marine+SCV allin, I almost got pissed myself. Insane.

Or you can be either a blind terran-player also, in addition to hating Idra. But that really is bullshit. Bull-shit.

well he has to deal with tons of crap not just in game, just look at the dumbasses who kept inviting him to a party over and over again

then you have people like q83 who think they know better than idra and call him and others a joke. Maybe he does- maybe he doesn't but i'll trust someone who plays this game for a living than some random person on a forum.

but hey, internet anonymity for the win I guess? at least he puts himself out there (non tourney stuff) compared to the trolls he has to deal with

Ikuu

Devil isn't Bronze League, and to be quite honest at times IdrA does complain excessively.

i didnt know it was sarcasm-fixed that

either way some of his complaints are valid take the rant he made on state of the game for example. Just because he complains a lot doesn't mean he's wrong about it

hamchan

Ikuu said:
It would have been nice to see Sheth donate the money to an actual charity rather than someone who has his own way of making money.
Meh, for the amount of hours I've watched Day[9] I'd rather give money to him than a charity. I'm a heartless bastard I know, oh wells.

BigAT

Well MVP said Terran is the weakest race and he's a pro, so I guess he's right. He's won two GSLs, so he's more right than Idra is.

What? I don't know why some of you think that just because these guys are professionals that they're completely incapable of being biased or just straight up incorrect in their assessments of certain aspects of the game. I'm a big Idra fan, but that doesn't mean everything he says in gospel. It's actually because I'm a fan of his that I don't really take half of what he says seriously. He's so salty about every loss and quick to blame ANYTHING but himself for a loss it's hard to take his legitimate complaints seriously.

hamchan

I think Day[9] was right that IdrA was just venting and that balance issues require a pretty large discussion. However IdrA did bring up some good points and Day[9] couldn't say anything to counter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom