• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
zlatko said:
WTF kinda asian is he? Guy is brown, he looks closer to middle eastern or latino. That's neither here or there----he REALLY looks high all the time and says things someone hocked up on goofballs would.
Vietnamese.

I think he said on one of the NASL broadcasts that he is Malaysian.

Anyway, what's the best low-skill Zerg response to a proxy 2 gate? Guy made one right in front of my base; pull 4 drones, kill probe then pylons? He was going to win regardless because he was microing much better than me, but I just spazzed out and lost miserably. When my pool finally finished I put down a spine first thing.

BigAT

slidewinder said:
I think he said on one of the NASL broadcasts that he is Malaysian.

Anyway, what's the best low-skill Zerg response to a proxy 2 gate? Guy made one right in front of my base; pull 4 drones, kill probe then pylons? He was going to win regardless because he was microing much better than me, but I just spazzed out and lost miserably. When my pool finally finished I put down a spine first thing.
Take out the probe and pylon ASAP, lay down a spine crawler close to your hatchery.

BigAT nails it.

Also I strongly recommend opening overpool against toss. The build is uncheesable. Check out the replays I posted a few pages back to see it in action.

10 ex tractor trick
11 overlord.
11 pool.
3 more drones
14 extractor
13 3 sets of lings plus queen
Only have 1 drone mine gas until either speed is done or as panda suggested save up for roaches (I prefer speed)

Apply gentle pressure with the lings and expand behind it. Don't dronescout.

syllogism

Corran Horn said:
Watching a bad terran on idras stream. lol
Rush marines on 2 base over and over
He was trying to do scfou build that worked against losira, but idra was too far ahead. It was disgustingly close though.

Aylinato

my exsplit producer flipped my screen, now my stream is all goofy(also I'll be switching to justintv, less laggy/better quality)

Deadman

btw cruncher has confirmed that he was stream watching.

Its a shame to see how much idra doesnt like sc2. I want him to just switch to terran. He could have macro as good or better than people like top and would have good decision making behind it to make him properly amazing.

Zen

Banned
It's funny how much idra was complaining about lack of scouting ability/information gained with the zerg race, and Spanishiwa bases so many of his decisions on the scouting information he gets and isn't just coin flipping as Idra says, just by making educated inferences with what he sees his opponent doing.

Deadman

@idrajit Greg Fields
wont be streaming for 2 days as i have been banned from tl for insulting cruncher, everyone pm Chill if this upsets you

for

On May 06 2011 07:48 IdrA wrote:
of course he cheated, its a ladder game who cares.
stop giving him attention. hes a waste of life the more you talk about him the longer it takes for him to go away.

Zen said:
It's funny how much idra was complaining about lack of scouting ability/information gained with the zerg race, and Spanishiwa bases so many of his decisions on the scouting information he gets and isn't just coin flipping as Idra says, just by making educated inferences with what he sees his opponent doing.
Every high level player does that, I'm noob and even I know things to look out for that can tip off a build. The problem lies in the available information not being enough to make that educated infererence educated enough.

An example I can think of in PvZ is seeing Zealot Stalker at the front of a toss base and no sentry. This can mean a few things
1. he has no second gas or a later 2nd gas and is 4 gating.
2. he has both gas and is going DT's
3. He has both gas and is going stargate
4. He is not 3 gate expanding because he can't defend it as well without sentries.

There are so many little things that give away information but there are also many ways to show your opponent one thing but do something completely different aswell.

hamchan

Deadman said:
@idrajit Greg Fields
wont be streaming for 2 days as i have been banned from tl for insulting cruncher, everyone pm Chill if this upsets you

for

On May 06 2011 07:48 IdrA wrote:
of course he cheated, its a ladder game who cares.
stop giving him attention. hes a waste of life the more you talk about him the longer it takes for him to go away.

Ugh. That wasn't such an outrageous thing to say if Cruncher really was stream cheating. Now we have less IdrA streams, goddamn you TL mods.

V_Arnold

hamchan said:
Ugh. That wasn't such an outrageous thing to say if Cruncher really was stream cheating. Now we have less IdrA streams, goddamn you TL mods.

TL mods cant stand Idra even if he is actually right. Pretentous idiots, I dare to say.

ksan

Not much of a surprise, but don't blame Cruncher for it!

But really, can anyone sincerely say they enjoy watching Cruncher play?
On top of that he doesn't seem very bright, at least that's what I've gathered from interviews and incidents like this one, makes him very unlikeable.

cdyhybrid

hamchan said:

TL has some odd modding practices, IMO. Some well-written, well-argued posts get warnings and I can't see why. That, combined with the average post quality, is why I only read the threads for the translated GSL winner interviews and the wacky threads like the funny BM thread.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
TL is a shit hole, it's always been a terrible forum, it's a shame that it's the main (English speaking) SC site.

cdyhybrid said:
TL has some odd modding practices, IMO. Some well-written, well-argued posts get warnings and I can't see why. That, combined with the average post quality, is why I only read the threads for the translated GSL winner interviews and the wacky threads like the funny BM thread.
Broodwar guys trolling of SC2 seems to almost have mod support sometimes too.

Zen

Banned
pieatorium said:
Every high level player does that, I'm noob and even I know things to look out for that can tip off a build. The problem lies in the available information not being enough to make that educated infererence educated enough.

An example I can think of in PvZ is seeing Zealot Stalker at the front of a toss base and no sentry. This can mean a few things
1. he has no second gas or a later 2nd gas and is 4 gating.
2. he has both gas and is going DT's
3. He has both gas and is going stargate
4. He is not 3 gate expanding because he can't defend it as well without sentries.

There are so many little things that give away information but there are also many ways to show your opponent one thing but do something completely different aswell.

Provided you're close positions your overlord should be able to scout for the expo and see the toss wall off structure by the time there's a zealot/stalker combo out and some early stalker pressure. You can easily from there look at his expo timing, or lack of expo and narrow down the options that the Protoss has possibly gone with.

If he's going DTs that usually comes a little after the 7 minute mark, maybe arriving between 7-8 minutes, giving you plenty of time to respond properly, or so to say, put down a single spore crawler slightly earlier than that, or something, even if you haven't seen the Dark Shrine (that you could have timed overlord scouted, or used the mineral trick to get a drone past the Zealot guard at a toss wall in). Provided you aren't cross positions, you should be able to poke in a with a slow overlord to scout a 4 gate in the process of being put together. And If you're using a build like the one that Spanishiwa does, you'll be able to deal with the Stargate pressure fairly well even if you don't know that it's coming. You can send in a zergling relatively early on to check on the toss army size and composition to get a read on what it is he's doing as well.

Zerg has it rough, information wise, but not that rough. Things should improve further when the Zerg expansion comes out, one would think.

Zen said:
Provided you're close positions your overlord should be able to scout for the expo and see the toss wall off structure by the time there's a zealot/stalker combo out and some early stalker pressure. You can easily from there look at his expo timing, or lack of expo and narrow down the options that the Protoss has possibly gone with.

If he's going DTs that usually comes a little after the 7 minute mark, maybe arriving between 7-8 minutes, giving you plenty of time to respond properly, or so to say, put down a single spore crawler slightly earlier than that, or something, even if you haven't seen the Dark Shrine (that you could have timed overlord scouted, or used the mineral trick to get a drone past the Zealot guard at a toss wall in). Provided you aren't cross positions, you should be able to poke in a with a slow overlord to scout a 4 gate in the process of being put together. And If you're using a build like the one that Spanishiwa does, you'll be able to deal with the Stargate pressure fairly well even if you don't know that it's coming. You can send in a zergling relatively early on to check on the toss army size and composition to get a read on what it is he's doing as well.

Zerg has it rough, information wise, but not that rough. Things should improve further when the Zerg expansion comes out, one would think.
Alot of that is dependant on positioning and your overlord suicide actually seeing whats going on in the base, If your overlord sees everyting then yeah it's awesome.

If you are using the spanishiwa build it is alot easier for your oponent to scout that and know what to expect from you (not agression anytime soon) and respond accordingly.

zlatko

Banned
Cruncher can eat a dick. I was so happy to hear this week was going to be a week full of commentary streams from idra so I can see his thought process to help my own game a little bit.

Stream cheating of course is down right dumb as shit to do, but even more so when you do it against the one guy you KNOW will get super pissed about it. I think Idra was being pretty timid considering the circumstances on what he said on TL, but as of late TL seems to have a huge dick up their ass on how they moderate. Listening to Tyler on state of the game ramble about how big of a tard he is and basically admits to raging and acting out in the most douche way to posts makes you see pretty quickly TL mods are just losers who are on a power trip.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
6ykTS.jpg

Striek

So yeah in the morning light I can't be bothered continuing yesterdays arguments (especially on a new page etc.), so gg on that.

I watched like 20mins of Idras stream when I woke up before I had to go and it sucks to come back to find out hes not going to anymore. I kind of understand TLs stance that Idra shouldn't attack other posters without proof but from what I read there was some pretty damning evidence :|

a176

Banned
pieatorium said:
Broodwar guys trolling of SC2 seems to almost have mod support sometimes too.

mostly because sc2 players have no fucking idea when they open their mouths regarding bw

Tetsuo9

zlatko said:
Cruncher can eat a dick. I was so happy to hear this week was going to be a week full of commentary streams from idra so I can see his thought process to help my own game a little bit.

Stream cheating of course is down right dumb as shit to do, but even more so when you do it against the one guy you KNOW will get super pissed about it. I think Idra was being pretty timid considering the circumstances on what he said on TL, but as of late TL seems to have a huge dick up their ass on how they moderate. Listening to Tyler on state of the game ramble about how big of a tard he is and basically admits to raging and acting out in the most douche way to posts makes you see pretty quickly TL mods are just losers who are on a power trip.
Can't wait for EG or some other team to do a good website so the community can move away from that site.

Corran Horn said:
lol at the TL hate. idra gets banned there all the time for trolling shit.
The bannings and warnings there just seem so random, obvious trolls go unnoticed and decent posts get warned and banned. Not saying this is the case here but just generally from what I have seen of TL.

Mairu

I'm sad that we're getting two less days of Idra-commentary but I'm not going to blame TL for that. He gets banned from TL all the time for his usual shtick and he could easily stream distributing when he's online through twitter (not to mention just having a large amount of followers on jtv) ;/

zlatko

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
I play Terran and I was really enjoying the idrA streams. Boo-urns!

That's one of the best things about his streams when he is actually doing commentary. He even points out what he see's the Terran player doing, and if he beats it, he explains why the Terran lost/what would have made it better in the Terrans favor.

I hope we still get a few more days out of him this week with commentary, because usually when he streams he just plays and has music going on to stay focused.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Tetsuo9 said:
Can't wait for EG or some other team to do a good website so the community can move away from that site.

wellplayed.org

it's pretty good.. i'm just a bit confused by its layout :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom