• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keikaku

Yaweee said:
It's platinum. You don't need to really know the intricacies of timing or building placement to get that high.

Man, you don't need to be diamond to know that you should wall off against Zerg. Besides, I'm in gold . . . :(

Slavik81

Jeff-DSA said:
Huh, seems like that little delay in warp gate research will be just what the doctor ordered.
It's easy to just build your gas on that side and never have to worry about that in the first place.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Tntnnbltn said:
This. The terran had a bunch of units at the front ramp. If he'd send any other unit to help then the warp-in wouldn't have happened.
To be fare, I dont think anyone would be expecting that.

Lace

I've been playing a lot as zerg recently and have been wondering has anyone else thought an extra rally point for overlords would be a glorious addition? How many times I accidentally sac'd OV's because they were being hatched when I was rallying my army to the enemy base, only to retreat and a minute later find out those OV's being popped like bubble wrap.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ribbonlace said:
I've been playing a lot as zerg recently and have been wondering has anyone else thought an extra rally point for overlords would be a glorious addition? How many times I accidentally sac'd OV's because they were being hatched when I was rallying my army to the enemy base, only to retreat and a minute later find out those OV's being popped like bubble wrap.
Nope.
It is punishment for rallying your eggs as you make them or having 70 apm

Lace

Hazaro said:
Nope.
It is punishment for rallying your eggs as you make them or having 70 apm
I don't see why there shouldn't be an option. I fear most people will have the "that's the way zerg needs to play mentality." High level players won't set that extra rally I'm sure, but why not give others the option whose APM may never rise to that level. Make it a control+click rally.

Btw I'm not QQing, I feel everything is balanced but having one less worry is what I'm after.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ribbonlace said:
I don't see why there shouldn't be an option. I fear most people will have the "that's the way zerg needs to play mentality." High level players won't set that extra rally I'm sure, but why not give others the option whose APM may never rise to that level. Make it a control+click rally.

Btw I'm not QQing, I feel everything is balanced but having one less worry is what I'm after.
You can be a better player and win matches other players couldn't if you move your ovie rallies early game.

I think that is a good thing to have in the game.

Lace

Hazaro said:
You can be a better player and win matches other players couldn't if you move your ovie rallies early game.

I think that is a good thing to have in the game.
I can see your point, but if you watch any zerg game you'll notice ovies have the tendency to bunch up where your army rally is whether that be because of distraction our forgetfulness.
I will move them but if I'm caught off guard they can be easily picked off during a battle, and supply blocking my army. Basically what I'm saying is this will let zerg have one less issue to worry about especially while trying to macro.

Imagine having each barrack/starport/factory/supply unit locked to one rally point (per base) as terran and get back to me. Heh, and yes I ask you to pretend your supply depots can hover.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ribbonlace said:
I can see your point, but if you watch any zerg game you'll notice ovies have the tendency to bunch up where your army rally is whether that be because of distraction our forgetfulness.
I will move them but if I'm caught off guard they can be easily picked off during a battle, and supply blocking my army. Basically what I'm saying is this will let zerg have one less issue to worry about especially while trying to macro.

Imagine having each barrack/starport/factory/supply unit locked to one rally point (per base) as terran and get back to me. Heh, and yes I ask you to pretend your supply depots can hover.
I'd take ovies over depots any day.
Need room in my base :[

You make a good stream lining point, but I want as many possible factors for players to differential themselves in this game.

If a Zerg loses because he never moved his ovie over his natural vs a 2 rax proxy I want that in.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Nestea v SC gsl game 5. One of the best games I've seen of sc2. So much on the line. People must watch if you missed it

Won

ribbonlace said:

Out of curiosity, are you aware that eggs have their own rally points you can set?

Zen

Banned
Is 1 rax FE viable against terran on the Ladder? I've been having a lot of problems with it when I've been experimenting. I've seen it a ton in GSL, but maybe that's map dependent.

Lace

Won said:
Out of curiosity, are you aware that eggs have their own rally points you can set?
Yea, I definitely know that. It's just during a heavy macro game where I queue army units at multiple bases where it's a big enough issue for me to bring up. I rather have a ovie rally point for each base, which would remove the need to go find those 5 ovies, set each eggs rally point to a place on a map, and while making sure I don't have any stray ovies already floating over.

I guess you can say I like to have one less thing to micro when I'm trying to macro.

zlatko

Banned
Question:

When watching streams of players like Idra I realized he was always able to send 3 workers to gas without a problem. He seems to box like 5+ things at once though, but somehow is able to just delete the extra 2 workers in the selection to make it 3.

What's the way to do this ?

Edit: I know if you select something, then hit shift you can select and keep adding more, so you could do that to get to 3 by manually clicking, but is there a way to do the opposite ?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
Question:

When watching streams of players like Idra I realized he was always able to send 3 workers to gas without a problem. He seems to box like 5+ things at once though, but somehow is able to just delete the extra 2 workers in the selection to make it 3.

What's the way to do this ?

Edit: I know if you select something, then hit shift you can select and keep adding more, so you could do that to get to 3 by manually clicking, but is there a way to do the opposite ?
shift+click on the portrait removes it from the group.

so if you want to send a ling to the watchtower, just #move shift+click, stop. only one ling will move to the tower.

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
shift+click on the portrait removes it from the group.

so if you want to send a ling to the watchtower, just #move shift+click, stop. only one ling will move to the tower.

Awesome. Does this work with control groups, like if I do this, will it perma be out of the control group, or would I have to rebox the units so that 1 removed doesn't follow commands given to that control group it was/is part of?

Cohsae

Corran Horn said:
Nestea v SC gsl game 5. One of the best games I've seen of sc2. So much on the line. People must watch if you missed it
How would I go about finding this, I can't see it on SC2Casts or GOM?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cohsae said:
How would I go about finding this, I can't see it on SC2Casts or GOM?
It just finished.
zlatko said:
Awesome. Does this work with control groups, like if I do this, will it perma be out of the control group, or would I have to rebox the units so that 1 removed doesn't follow commands given to that control group it was/is part of?
Rebind the blob of units that is now missing the one scout unit.

Won

ribbonlace said:
Yea, I definitely know that. It's just during a heavy macro game where I queue army units at multiple bases where it's a big enough issue for me to bring up. I rather have a ovie rally point for each base, which would remove the need to go find those 5 ovies, set each eggs rally point to a place on a map, and while making sure I don't have any stray ovies already floating over.

I guess you can say I like to have one less thing to micro when I'm trying to macro.

I was just wondering. I personally never set the second rally point and do everything over that third larva specific rally point. Not much that can go wrong there as long you do a right click everytime you produce something.

Lace

Hazaro said:
It just finished.

Rebind the blob of units that is now missing the one scout unit.
Please link when it's uploaded somewhere. It's so hypnotizing watching pro players pull off what I feel are impossible turnarounds.

zoukka

zlatko said:

wow lol your drone was following the probe, not attacking it :b

So. If you fail at preventing the cannon rush, you need to get out of your base. you can either bust the cannons (not possible here, because he spammed them to infinity) or tech to nydus/drops. A fast nydus would've won the game for you. The guy had nothing but cannons for so long.

Also you should make one spine and one tumour so you can poke at the pylons/cannons from highground.

Preventing cannons should be the priority. Chase the drone down before it's too late. Cannons have 100hp less than pylons. Sneak one drone and expand while defending etc...

twofold

zoukka said:
Burrowed roaches are more fun than lurkers.

Old school tier 2 roaches with tier 1 hydras and tier 2 lurkers sounds incredible. It's a shame Blizzard switched the roach and hydra around. Burrowed roaches + lurkers would have been awesome to play with.

I really hope we hear more about the multiplayer in the next expansion soon.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW! Really interesting read

Q8D3vil

Deadman said:
I saw what claimed to be picture of spanishiwas recent match history, he was something like 3-17 in recent games. People realised you just macro and win.

In other, more fun news: TL just got a 2nd sponsor, Razer. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=220364
yeah, but i was surprise that he didn't mix it up at all like he usually do.
he was way too greedy. plus when he skip muta he opens huge windows for drop play

zlatko

Banned
Played like 8-10 hours straight today. I probably wont like 60-70% of my games.

80-90% of the games played were ZvZ.

Fuck my life I hate ZvZ. I have no problem with ZvT, and if I hold off the push from a Toss early game, then I win that no problem. ZvZ however I never feel confident to try the same thing twice or use a certain build order. I tend to just do 14gas/14 pool, expand hatch around 20-21 food, try to poke around his base a lot, and I prefer Roaches once I feel I have enough workers.

Overall had a lot of fun, but I wish I could be more consistent in the ZvZ match up especially since Blizzard keeps trolling me to do it over and over.

Oh logged off as #1 on my Gold ladder too. I smell a promotion soon enough. :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
elcheris has also advanced!

both protoss members of team gaf were eliminated though.
chanstaa faced ROOTCatZ, so he has an excuse.
holden is just terrible.

team GAF vs ROOT 1-1

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
elcheris has also advanced!

both protoss members of team gaf were eliminated though.
chanstaa faced ROOTCatZ, so he has an excuse.
holden is just terrible.

team GAF vs ROOT 1-1

:p How did Holden lose? How bad did Chanstaa lose?

You have to click furiously Panda. I want to see you on IPL's stream being a boss nerd!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
due to issues with the tourney bracket host, all matches are postponed until tommorow. :eek:

me and elcheris are in the round of 128 together, both facing terrans next.

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
due to issues with the tourney bracket host, all matches are postponed until tommorow. :eek:

me and elcheris are in the round of 128 together, both facing terrans next.

ZvT is trolololol easy. They don't know how to expand or macro. Hold off that early push and you're gonna poop all over him. Who's your opponent? Try to find some SC2 replays or match history for him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom