• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
HolyCheck said:
The rule changes are needed so that there is a spot in code S for them :) other wise there's no spot
I'm hoping that the winner of code A will also get straight through to code S in the new system too.

After that I'm not sure how it would work, wiith 16 dropdowns from S and then 7 up from A fighting for 14 spots

Elcheris

Neo Member
Trickster said:
No I'm not, I haven't used the word expand once in this whole debate actually. What I've been saying however, is that the reason why both Protoss and Terran are both less dependent on their cannons and turrets than their zerg counterparts, is because cannons and turrets are harder to get access to than spines.

Sorry if my posts have been confusing, but that's usually what happens when one argues with zerg players that use a lot of "what if" and scenario specific arguments to demonstrate the new weekly reason why zergs are underpowered.

Fair enough. However, I think all races are equally dependant on these structures. A zerg gets spine crawlers to ward off early pressure that they see coming, or to assist in defending vulnerable expansions, or to turtle up and mineral dump while investing in gas heavy units. Terrans playing safely/defensivley against protoss will generally get a bunker up in time for early stalker pressure while teching up, or toss down some bunkers while expanding to be more safe. In the same way, protoss throws down cannons to prepare for early pressure while expanding, or can rely more on cannons than sentries to preserve gas while teching. The differences between the races defensive structure is not from their roles (excluding bunker/cannon rushes from this) but in the way they are used afterwards, but that has nothing to do with dependencies.

I guess this is what I get for coming into a conversation late, I thought I would just share my thoughts about this.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
you're describing econ heavy greedy play though elcheris. 15 hatch vs terran is standard because zerg cant match t on one base. making a cannon so you can get away with doing something else isnt the same as having to make a cannon every time no matter what.

Interview with MKP

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=222624

What motivated you to join the Prime team?
I lived in Changwon. However, I had to live in Seoul because of the GSL preliminaries, so I decided to start looking for a team. Initially, IM contacted me, but because I was very close to Check from Prime, I decided to join Prime after he asked me to.
(T/N: Wow. Imagine IMMarineKing. IM would be an even sicker team than it is now.)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW! Thanks for the link~

IMMarineKing sounds ridiculous in all ways...

Elcheris

Neo Member
Pandaman said:
you're describing econ heavy greedy play though elcheris. 15 hatch vs terran is standard because zerg cant match t on one base. making a cannon so you can get away with doing something else isnt the same as having to make a cannon every time no matter what.

OK I give up, I have no idea what you guys are even talking about anymore. Also, is there any other way to play zerg other than econ heavy greedy? LET THE DISCUSION BEGIN ANEW!

Q8D3vil

dignitas behind the scene is one of the best video's i have ever seen in a while.
amazingly well produced.
need more stuff like this.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
like a boss:
1vJ1T.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
o day 9 ♥

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Idra and Kennigit right next to each other. JP does this on purpose lol.

zlatko

Banned
nilbog21 said:
guys i was thinking abou tswitching my settings to low, but do u kno what setting makes the forcefields less transparent?

:O Are you going pro? :( I could never give up my shiny max settings.

Slavik81 said:
To heighten the embarrassment, I even screwed up the opening conversation.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/Slavik81/1oex.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
we have a running joke at work where whebever somone asks how are you doing or an equivalent you answer back with "yeah not much" not sure where it started.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
YakiSOBA said:
That is so fucking creepy but funny at the same time.
im just happy terrans hate the raven so much it never occurred to them that zergs werent building broodlords for the damage.

now i can stop worrying.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
im just happy terrans hate the raven so much it never occurred to them that zergs werent building broodlords for the damage.

now i can stop worrying.
blizzard need to buff raven cost by removing the Hunter useless missile.
i'd settle for 100/100 >_>

Q8D3vil said:
blizzard need to buff raven cost by removing the Hunter useless missile.
i'd settle for 100/100 >_>
Ravens were insanely awesome (now they are just awesome), no need to scan to kill creep or find banebombs, PDD gives breathing room/added protection vs muta and until now pdd would kill broodlings too.

Only Terran I ever saw get Ravens in a tourney match vs zerg was TLO and he was tring to do some kind of mass HSM stupidness and just let broodlords own his shit when he had like 3-4 ravens with energy. I think maybe one other game that revolved around some kind of mass auto turret shenanigans too.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zoukka said:
Dimaga vs Socke, the mutaball vs hightemplar looks just so nice and fresh.
'it doesnt even look like we have a kaydar- wait, no the amulet is already researched'

oh HD, why so bad.

zoukka

Pandaman said:
'it doesnt even look like we have a kaydar- wait, no the amulet is already researched'

oh HD, why so bad.

He's the people's caster.

Also I agree, that the hunter seeker needs something done to it. I've yet to see it used in ladder.

zoukka

Pandaman said:
you're a random, you'll never see builds tailored to your matchup.

I don't buy that at all. Maybe the openings are different, but once they scout me they'll adapt to whatever scouting information they get. Just like in any match.

Also I do play zerg nowadays like 50/50 of the time.

techlabs on starports have become increasingly rare against zerg. I think if terran would realize that they could win any marine/tank/thor engagement just by chasing away the muta flock with a hunter seeker missile, things would be different.

I hate myself for having made this post. Terran players, please disregard it.

WedgeX

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
techlabs on starports have become increasingly rare against zerg. I think if terran would realize that they could win any marine/tank/thor engagement just by chasing away the muta flock with a hunter seeker missile, things would be different.

I hate myself for having made this post. Terran players, please disregard it.

I have burned this into my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom