• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrabum

twofold said:
Make Hydra t1. Weaken them. Make Roach t2. Buff them. Make Lurker t2 morph.

Job done.

I know Blizzard tried this during the WOL beta but couldn't get it to work. I hope they sort it out in HOTS beta.

I have been saying this forever. This would solve so many problems!!!!!!!!

I 100% agree with you. I think this would fix z v p.

zlatko

Banned
Watching NASL stream.

Now I pretty much hate Gretorp for various reasons in his shitty casting, but up to now I felt he could at least form sentences on a dime. Is he nervous around Idra for some reason? He keeps stumbling and not knowing WTF he wants to say with Greg around and the gracken has to pick up the slack to form sentences for him.

I'm really liking Idra's presence throughout the community right now in all these various places. The more commentary and analysis squeezed out of him the better. :)

theultimo

zlatko said:
Watching NASL stream.

Now I pretty much hate Gretorp for various reasons in his shitty casting, but up to now I felt he could at least form sentences on a dime. Is he nervous around Idra for some reason? He keeps stumbling and not knowing WTF he wants to say with Greg around and the gracken has to pick up the slack to form sentences for him.

I'm really liking Idra's presence throughout the community right now in all these various places. The more commentary and analysis squeezed out of him the better. :)
Its 10000000000 times better then the regulr caster who doesn't know a thing and has terrrrrrrible jokes.

I promise I didn't quit SC II. I have been super busy, and then got sick, so between wanting to pull the trigger to end my suffering, and struggling through coaching lax, I just haven't had time. I <3 y'all and miss the community. I've been lurking when I can though :)

WedgeX

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
I promise I didn't quit SC II. I have been super busy, and then got sick, so between wanting to pull the trigger to end my suffering, and struggling through coaching lax, I just haven't had time. I <3 y'all and miss the community. I've been lurking when I can though :)

Just get on the channel when you can!

twofold said:
Make Hydra t1. Weaken them. Make Roach t2. Buff them. Make Lurker t2 morph.

Job done.

I know Blizzard tried this during the WOL beta but couldn't get it to work. I hope they sort it out in HOTS beta.

Die to blue flame hellion rush?

Deadman said:
Great news: IM has finally got some sponsors.

They are Googims (a korean clothing company) and Coca Cola.
I am going to blow your minds now:

"Nestea is a brand of iced tea manufactured by Nestle and distributed by Nestle company's beverage department in the United States and by Beverage Partners Worldwide (BPW),[1] a joint venture between The Coca-Cola Company and Nestle, in the rest of the world."

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tried playing Zerg in obs custom.
Close spots meta, die to 4 rax scv all in.

Triedp laying Toss in obs custom.
Close spots meta, die to 2 rax pressure.

FUCK TERRAN. FUCK THIS GAME.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pankaks said:
Lurkers?

I wish...

Here you go
Blizzard Patch 1.3.4

Terran
-To address the common complaint, Terran will be able to morph 2 marines into Lurkers. No research is required, morph time is 3 game time seconds.

Zerg
-To address the balance of lurkers, Spore Crawlers now requires hive tech.

IceMarker

Awesome Animals said:
At least you're not stuck in a work/HoN-addiction conundrum.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
team gaf has once again collectively signed on to the 2nd IPL qualifier!

cheer for holden, chanstaa and elcheris!
expect me to dominate, i don't need cheers. >_>

Corran Horn

Pandaman said:

Just wait till you see my zerg skills soon...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
we have zergs. team gaf needs terrans, splinter cant do everything.
If you want me to be the person that 7 raxes, goes 4 port on 2 base, and makes 12 thors I can do that.

Striek

Pandaman said:

Cheer!

How'd you guys go in the first? You make ro512?

I sprained my hand so no SC2 for me :[

jasonng

Scrub's Tale in Ladder #3

<3 splinter and panda so hard.

Finally held off a 2 rax early pressure. He scouted my FE and went for that second barracks. My macro slipped a bit but I held it off. Lings denied any bunkers while my spine and queen was in the back for defense. Not getting gas until after really helped with ling production. He expanded behind the pressure and caught it while it was morphing into an orbital. Took it out, got waaaay ahead. Scouted factories + tech, mass mutas, leaned back and took a sip from my drink.

Life is good.

MLG and GSL collaborating

MLG is honored to announce a true game-changer for the world of competitive StarCraft 2. Beginning at MLG Columbus and continuing throughout the 2011 Season, Major League Gaming and the GOMTV Global StarCraft 2 League are establishing a League Exchange Program that will send the best MLG players to compete in the GSL, and allow top Korean talent to play live in the US.

Pro Circuit Players Competing in the GSL

* At MLG Columbus, the Top 3 non-Korean finishers will each be placed into GSL Code A.
* At every 2011 Pro Circuit Live Competition after MLG Columbus, GSL placement will occur as follows:
o Code S status will be awarded to the highest placing player, regardless of country of origin, who does not already have Code S status.
o Code A status will be awarded to the next three highest placing non-Korean players.
o If Code S status is awarded to a Korean player, Code A status also will be awarded to the 4th highest placing non-Korean player.
* All travel and accomodation expenses for these players will be provided by the GSL.

GSL Pro Players Competing on the MLG Pro Circuit

* MLG will invite four Korean pro players to each Pro Circuit Live Competition.
* These players will be placed directly into the Championship Pools, one into each Pool.
* Their placement in the Pools will be determined by their GSL rank.
* All travel and accomodation expenses for these players will be provided by MLG.
* For MLG Columbus, we will also be inviting a player from the CSN tournament, currently in progress. This player will be seeded into the Open Bracket, and their travel and accomodation expenses will be covered by CSN.

This historic partnership marks the first time the GSL has ever qualified a player directly into Code S based on results from another tournament, and MLG Columbus will be the first time Korean players have ever competed live in an open-registration StarCraft 2 tournament in the US. We are working closely with the GSL to coordinate schedules so that all players involved will be able to compete in both the GSL and the Pro Circuit.

The Players
The following four GSL pro players will attend MLG Columbus. We are honored to welcome these players to the already stacked pool of talent competing on the Pro Circuit.

* ST_Bomber
* IM.Losira
* SlayerS_MMA
* FOXMoon

Wished for a more beefy list, but still great news.

I hope this MLG avoids the ton of problems that happened in Dallas.

Corran Horn

Won said:
Sounds interesting. GOMTV really wants more non-koreans in the GSL. Hopefully this works for them.
I would imagine the largest percent of their viewers are foreigners. Please your audience! :)

Curious how they will get that extra Code S seed though. Force an extra person down to Code A or what.

Gandie

This game is so extremely hard. I tried to play at least two games each evening this week and I finally made the jump from Bronze to Silver. Still there's so many things you have to be aware of, prepare for, remember to do. I get way too invested into my games. If I win, it feels amazing, but a stupid loss can ruin my whole night.
I have confidence I'll be in Gold in no time though, once I stop losing because of silly, easily avoidable mistakes.

Deadman

Pretty awesome news. Especially that losira, bomber and mma are coming.

It says the code s spot thing starts after columbus, so they must be about to change the rules regarding code s/code a. The super tournament doesnt end until 18th of june anyway so the new rules wont apply for a while. Plenty of time to devise a new system.

I was pretty sure i read the other day that mlg has partnered with a new streaming company for their events but i cant remember where i saw it. Hopefully they will stop any more problems happening.

Corran Horn

Panda writes for TL? :p
cover_web.png

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Deadman said:
Pretty awesome news. Especially that losira, bomber and mma are coming.

It says the code s spot thing starts after columbus, so they must be about to change the rules regarding code s/code a. The super tournament doesnt end until 18th of june anyway so the new rules wont apply for a while. Plenty of time to devise a new system.

I was pretty sure i read the other day that mlg has partnered with a new streaming company for their events but i cant remember where i saw it. Hopefully they will stop any more problems happening.

the company that did the royal wedding I heard!

Awesome news here by GOM and MLG, would love for a EU equivilant to get involved in a 3 way switcheroo.

ultron87

I wonder if there are any NA/EUR pros who would turn down the Code S/A spot.

The only obvious one I can think of is Incontrol, since he can't really be out of the country for a month with NASL going on.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ultron87 said:
I wonder if there are any NA/EUR pros who would turn down the Code S/A spot.

The only obvious one I can think of is Incontrol, since he can't really be out of the country for a month with NASL going on.

I can see the code A spots being turned down, not the code S spots though.

Deadly

Deadman said:
I don't get it why would the rules change? I mean the winners of the MLG tournaments are usually Code S-worthy players. It's been like Huk, Idra and Jinro for the 2010 tournaments who were all Code S.

Jeff-DSA

So what's with the Team Liquid slump? Are they just all involved in other things and not training real well together or something? Tyler is almost a walkover these days, Jinro dropped out of Code S, and their just general sucky performances in tournaments is pretty common.

Huk is kinda the torch bearer right now for them, huh?

Corran Horn

Jeff-DSA said:
So what's with the Team Liquid slump? Are they just all involved in other things and not training real well together or something? Tyler is almost a walkover these days, Jinro dropped out of Code S, and their just general sucky performances in tournaments is pretty common.

Huk is kinda the torch bearer right now for them, huh?
Jinro is a macro player doing non-macro stuff lately it feels to me.
Tyler...I dunno. It could have been that his prior BW skills helped him get an early lead and now people are catching up....or he is just in a slump.
Huk is doing par what I guess people might thought he would do in Korea. Could win more shit in NA though.
TLO...I dunno, I stop following him after he left korea.
Haypro. Yep I wonder if his primary reasoning for going to Korea was the help TLO/Jinro/Ret/Huk feel comfortable lol
Ret...dunno, overhype maybe.

twofold

The MLG rules continue to confuse me. Have the rule changes made it harder for people to get the top positions? It'd be a travesty to see a repeat of the Incontrol fiasco.

Corran Horn said:
Ret...dunno, overhype maybe.

Ret was amazing.. And then he went to Korea. Something changed in his play while he was out there. Either it was the training or the influence of Idra, but he hasn't been the same since.

Hopefully he sorts his play out since he has so much potential.

Jeff-DSA

Yeah, Ret was awesome. I'm hoping TLO figures it out, because he's so imaginative and creative with his builds, but it's almost as if he struggles to pump out units once he's chosen his path. I'd like to see Tyler get on a roll. I think he's starting to feel a little discouraged, based on his mood on SoTG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom