• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog21

Banned
ROFL commercial came up so fast i didnt even see him type it ahahhaa

one more game then i gotra go back to studying for finals ;[
these games just are so good tho ahaa

Ashhong said:
You had to see the game. The dude faked an all in with tank banshee marine, expanded, and then hit him after artosis went the standard colo/gateway ball. he did some decent scouting too. the mass banshees killed everything while the point defense drones stopped all the stalker damage. it was ridiculous

Really? The majority of the game he couldn't see anything outside hes own base. For a little while he held one Xel'naga tower but he never bothered to actually check the terrans base.

That build would have been easy to scout if he had even once sent an observer to hes opponents base.

Artosis has really poor scouting in general. Thats also why in the same game he lost a bunch of probes to blue flame.

edit: Unless you meant the terran had good scouting in which case thats all irrelevant :p

mcrae

zlatko said:
:p Most SC2 pro players like Greg, because they know him outside of just the rage. He's an upbeat and funny guy.

day9 is someone i would consider upbeat. i dunno if ive ever heard idra speak in anything besides monotone. got a link?

V_Arnold

mcrae said:
day9 is someone i would consider upbeat. i dunno if ive ever heard idra speak in anything besides monotone. got a link?

WTF, you should have just listened him with Kelly/Incontrol on his stream.
There is nothing wrong with him. Some people create the image of him out of after-game interviews, sc2 screenshots and a few short STOTG sequences when his mic was horrible for what...half a year? :D

zlatko

Banned
V_Arnold said:
There is nothing wrong with him. Some people create the image of him out of after-game interviews, sc2 screenshots and a few short STOTG sequences when his mic was horrible for what...half a year? :D

Yeah. Even on State of the Game he's laughing and knocking back beers.

Plus, when he casted on NASL with Gretorp they are both usually making jokes and being funny... or trying to be. :p

Grack is cool beans with me. :p

mcrae

V_Arnold said:

so got any links of him being upbeat/funny/charming

zlatko

Banned
mcrae said:
so got any links of him being upbeat/funny/charming

Go spend $25.00 on a season ticket for NASL I guess. Or go catch up the last state of the game by googling for it's blip.tv link. I'm off to sleep. Enjoy your journey to learning Idra isn't some super nerd robot who hates life. :p

day9 is like a caricature of a person.

say what you want about the gracken but at least he can tell you a lot more about starcraft than day9 ever wishes he could.

zoukka

mescalineeyes said:

say what you want about the gracken but at least he can tell you a lot more about starcraft than day9 ever wishes he could.

But he needs to be able to tell it so everyone understands it. Day9 makes newbs feel like they know the game. That's his secret. Grack needs a commentator partner who can give him enough space, but still control the situation so it doesn't feel too monotone for the average joe. Wheat doesn't seem to be able to do it.

And Day9 has the gift of speech and joking no-one can deny that.

FoxSpirit

mescalineeyes said:

That's actually a pretty terrible insult.

Aylinato

Day9 is the man. That is all, and until idra can do an impression of an immortal as good as day9 he just gonna have to sit in day9's shadow.

Tntnnbltn

Aylinato said:
Day9 is the man. That is all, and until idra can do an impression of an immortal as good as day9 he just gonna have to sit in day9's shadow.
KkNo4.gif

V_Arnold

Awesome Animals said:
People hate on Idra because he is arrogant. Nothing wrong with that, I enjoy it. Although, I see a lot more people liking Idra than disliking him.

I am not sure arrogant is the right word for that. He has no issues with placing a lot of pros above himself when it is due. He just talks what he thinks. That in some places is not acceptable behavior, but really, a game environment is the last place where he should get flamed cause of this.

mcrae

V_Arnold said:
I am not sure arrogant is the right word for that. He has no issues with placing a lot of pros above himself when it is due. He just talks what he thinks. That in some places is not acceptable behavior, but really, a game environment is the last place where he should get flamed cause of this.

huh? traditionally sports praises people who have good sportsmanship, aka arent arrogant. unless you're distancing esports from regular sports.

the way he phrases his thoughts is just utterly without tact

V_Arnold

mcrae said:
huh? traditionally sports praises people who have good sportsmanship, aka arent arrogant. unless you're distancing esports from regular sports.

the way he phrases his thoughts is just utterly without tact

Idra is not arrogant. Also, when rules state that you cant talk, he does not (see GSL ;).
Good sportsmanship is all nice when you do not cheat (see: Cruncher with that Ladder game ;), but it does not really affect the whole picture of sports, in Box for example, smack talking is not only basic, it is acceptable. SC2 can be no different to that.

Q8D3vil

the problem with idra is that he is playing the wrong game.
he already knew that but he rather be an S player in sc2 rather than a B teamer in bw.

he even mentioned today how he miss beating players based on mechanics alone.

V_Arnold

Q8D3vil said:
the problem with idra is that he is playing the wrong game.
he already knew that but he rather be an S player in sc2 rather than a B teamer in bw.

he even mentioned today how he miss beating players based on mechanics alone.

Would not you miss the game that you grew up on? ;)

FoxSpirit

pieatorium said:
It's pretty true though at least for how he is on his daily's.

Well, not different from any comedy late night show moderator. And those are not insulted for it.

I respect Idra somewhat though he needs to learn to be more polite, being a top player doesn't excuse you raging like a teen.

V_Arnold

FoxSpirit said:
Well, not different from any comedy late night show moderator. And those are not insulted for it.

I respect Idra somewhat though he needs to learn to be more polite, being a top player doesn't excuse you raging like a teen.

He is not raging, though.

BigAT

TheCrow said:
Yeah, actually ending up with a 3 game win streak and got placed into gold. My last match ended up being a base trade. Was so nervous but ended it after I noticed he only had 4 stalkers to my 30+ supply army. So far I only have that 3 rax build but I want to work on setting up a soft contain while expanding. Just in case I can't finish my opponent off. Looking forward to playing some more tomorrow night.

btw: thanks to whoever posted that video for the 3 rax build. That pushed me to finally play online.
Sweet, welcome to the ranks Crow. Let me know if you ever want any advice or tips.

Haypro is moving back to Sweden. No surprise there considering how little success he was having in Korea.

Pandaman said:
kellymilkies did an interview and photoshoot with FHM.

it was very...
educational.
http://i.imgur.com/kkQAz.jpg[IMG]
[url]http://i.imgur.com/3Mged.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]
Would[spoiler]n't[/spoiler]

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BigAT said:
Would
n't
id have her screaming about racecars in her mineral line all night long.

but seriously, i think esports just regressed a few years if we cant have professional female players and casters without dressing them up in leather lingerie before interviewing them.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Psh Kelly. Artosis will always have my heart.

chMYY.jpg

Trickster

Pandaman said:
id have her screaming about racecars in her mineral line all night long.

but seriously, i think esports just regressed a few years if we cant have professional female players and casters without dressing them up in leather lingerie before interviewing them.

How is this regressing? A lot of female athletes, singers and actors do the exact same thing...

Her body really is quite something, but her face is simply too poofy. I am more of a pretty face kinda guy :|

also, congrats to moonglade are in order I guess :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom