• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

a176

Banned
Pandaman said:
kellymilkies did an interview and photoshoot with FHM.

it was very...
educational.
kkQAz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3Mged.jpg

it worked for paris hilton

Trickster

V_Arnold said:
You cant ask that, because implying that would be really batshit crazy, right?
Right?

Did you see the tl.net topic about her photoshoot? It was downright one of the most pathetic threads I've read on the internet.

Implying non-nude photoshoot = leaked sextape is pretty mild in comparison to comments in that thread actually :|

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Trickster said:
Did you see the tl.net topic about her photoshoot? It was downright one of the most pathetic threads I've read on the internet.

Implying non-nude photoshoot = leaked sextape is pretty mild in comparison to comments in that thread actually :|

Considering the cesspool that TL usually is.. I don't even want to check..

V_Arnold

Trickster said:

Worse, I posted there...
But the amount of people complaining that "this does not help esports", fuck, what does your whining in TL threads help esports? It is like every single hated person is the frigging representative of Esports!

Deadman

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-columbus-two-starcraft-2-streams-tasteless-and-artosis

Mlg announcement.

Big things are happening at MLG Columbus. A stacked field of talent from all over the world will be in attendance, going toe-to-toe in three days of the most intense StarCraft 2 action imaginable. Thanks to our groundbreaking League Exchange Program with the GSL, four top Korean competitors will be joining Pool Play to meet up with former MLG Champions, top players, and the rising stars of the North American and European scenes. How will we ever be able to bring it all to you? It’s easy. We’re doubling the streams.

Two StarCraft 2 Streams at MLG Columbus

At an MLG Pro Circuit Competition, there’s a lot going on at once. At MLG Columbus, a total of 24 players will compete in Pool Play throughout Friday and Saturday, and the Open Bracket will have well over 200 players. It’s a lot to show, and we’re going to bring you as much of it as possible.

Stream 1
The first StarCraft 2 stream will air nothing but Main Stage matches. A selection of the tournament’s top matches will be chosen to air on the Main Stage. Main Stage matches for the first StarCraft 2 stream will be chosen in advance, and we will be publishing a detailed schedule shortly.

Stream 2
The second StarCraft 2 stream will air matches from the MLG Feature Stations. Everything from Pool Play to epic Open Bracket showdowns takes place on the Feature Stations, and we will be streaming the action throughout the weekend.

The Saturday and Sunday schedules for the Feature Station stream depend on what happens in the brackets. On Friday, the Feature Station stream will be airing Pool Play—and you will have the chance to vote on which matches are streamed. Polls will open soon; keep an eye on the site for the announcement.

We will also be bringing you interviews and featured coverage of the Event, but no matter what, there will always be a StarCraft 2 match playing on at least one of the streams. And every single streamed match, on both streams, will have full commentary. How many casters does it take to cover two constant streams full of three days of action? Five. Five of the best in the world.

Tasteless and Artosis Join the Lineup

We are incredibly excited to announce that, thanks to the League Exchange Program with the GSL, we are able to add two of the most legendary casters in the business to the MLG Pro Circuit lineup. In cooperation with GOMTV and the GSL, we have arranged for Tasteless and Artosis to take a break from their GSL casting duties in order to join the MLG broadcasts live in Columbus, and we couldn’t be more excited to have them. With their unique style and their years of dedication to the world of StarCraft 2, they are an incredible addition to the proceedings, and we can’t wait to see them in action in Columbus.

The duo will be joined by MLG’s veteran casting team: Day[9], DJ Wheat, and JP McDaniel. These three casters have been providing us with their expertise since StarCraft 2 made its debut on the Pro Circuit, and we are honored to have them back with us. The two teams will provide commentary all weekend long, taking turns on the Main Stage and Featured Station streams.

We have made an extensive array of changes and improvements to the streams themselves, and to the experience you'll have as both a spectator and a stream viewer; we'll be bringing you those details in a separate announcement.

The best players from all over the world. The best casters in the business. More action and more streams than ever before. MLG Columbus is almost here; are you ready? Come out and see all the action in person, or test yourself against the best; spectator passes and competitor passes are on sale now.

Follow our casters on Twitter: Artosis, Tasteless, Day[9], DJ Wheat and JP McDaniel.

BigAT

Tastosis to MLG? Fantastic news. That's a ridiculously loaded caster lineup now.

It's also good to see they're addressing some of the issues they had in Dallas with a second stream. There were so many great matches that were completely missed while there wasn't even anything being aired on the feature stream.

Kawl_USC

Wow, MLG is really stepping their game up with regards to Starcraft. It's nice to see that they are willing to give it a fair amount of coverage when they just introduced it this year. I'm pleasantly surprised at this move as I felt that MLG would always relegate games besides Halo into the back ground. This is great news. I'm getting really excited for Columbus now.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
On the down side...Doa/Moletrap will probably be casting the GSL Super Tourny games after MLG so tastosis can recover from plane ride! ;;

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Corran Horn said:
On the down side...Doa/Moletrap will probably be casting the GSL Super Tourny games after MLG so tastosis can recover from plane ride! ;;
I know they try but they're just god awful compared to Tastosis.

Zen

Banned
pieatorium said:
It's pretty true though at least for how he is on his daily's.

I think there's a chasm between how he is on his daily's and being able to reasonably call him "a characature of a person". Day[9] is an entertainer, he's still a regular person beside his bombastic presentation style.

Deadman said:
Tasteless and Artosis Join the Lineup

Even though there been rumors and heavy hints at this for weeks,l still I got excited when I read it. Tasteless, Artosis and Day 9 casting the finals please :D

MLG ain't playing around this time with their player line up + casters. I just hope they are ready this time since (for SC2) more people are gonna be watching the stream than any MLG before due to great players from all over the world and having 2 of the best casters there to add to that.

ultron87

Awesome Animals said:
Do you live near Columbus? I'm seriously contemplating going for a day.

Yeah. I live in Cincinnati and my parents live in Columbus. So I'd have had a place to stay and everything. Unfortunately I need to be in Cleveland for an 80th birthday party of a relative on Saturday.

I dunno, maybe I'll go Friday evening and come back from Cleveland early on Sunday or something to see some matches. I just dunno if I'd be able to go enough to justify the 25 bucks.

Q8D3vil

oxrock said:
I know they try but they're just god awful compared to Tastosis.
i wouldn't call them awful, they are pretty good for what they are (code a casters no more no less).
my only problem with them is lacking the metagame knowledge that artosis usually explain perfectly.
it's something huge of course but 95% of the casters don't have it at all, better than kelly doa or kelly tasteless.
i rather die than hear her voice against in my precious gsl.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I rather pay 5 extra dollars to go directly to tastosis and have them cast more.

I watch the GSL for them, not other casters -.-'

Yay! A new win!

Anyone want to watch and tell if I have become any better?

http://www.mediafire.com/?6p85yip5ck6ds66

This game actually felt kind of good. I've gotten my ass handed to me before from those asshole Dark Templars who are invisible so I tried to get Ravens in this game although I didn't need them this time.

Why did I win this game? Better macro? Better counters to his Stalkers?

Kawl_USC

So I'm using Trump's 3 rax build with some pretty good results. However the rating system is doing its best to make sure I remember how bad I am. Just rolled a zerg after having the system say we were an even match. I look at his build order and he 6-pooled. And didn't attack... He made a couple rounds of lings and then droned up a bit. I look at his profile and he has won 1 game. Nice to know that is who I am an even match with >.<

Kawl_USC said:
So I'm using Trump's 3 rax build with some pretty good results. However the rating system is doing its best to make sure I remember how bad I am. Just rolled a zerg after having the system say we were an even match. I look at his build order and he 6-pooled. And didn't attack... He made a couple rounds of lings and then droned up a bit. I look at his profile and he has won 1 game. Nice to know that is who I am an even match with >.<
lol, don't read too much into the favoured/even match stuff. I'm pretty sure it's more to do with how many points you gain or lose for the match.

ultron87

Sniper McBlaze said:
Yay! A new win!

Anyone want to watch and tell if I have become any better?

http://www.mediafire.com/?6p85yip5ck6ds66

This game actually felt kind of good. I've gotten my ass handed to me before from those asshole Dark Templars who are invisible so I tried to get Ravens in this game although I didn't need them this time.

Why did I win this game? Better macro? Better counters to his Stalkers?

A few observations from my minimal terran knowledge:

-You should get your orbital command pretty much as soon as your barracks finishes. MULEs are really good and quickly make up the minerals you spend to get the orbital.

-Try to research more stuff on your barrack's tech lab. If you had had Stim Pack and Combat shields when that first attack hit you would've crushed it even more than you did.

-Seriously, get stim pack. It rocks.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
nilbog21 said:
moletrap is ok, but doa needs to get the boot :[
They just throw pop culture references in everywhere and somehow expect it to be funny. They don't mesh well at all, they don't even try to cover for each other when one of them flounders. For some reason they seem obsessed with eating sc2 units as well, kind of odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom