• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
mescalineeyes said:
or AA. although people might have different associations.

Yea, I've thought of a lot of different ways I could play it. I just wish it was 14 or 16 because then I would have the requisite characters!

WTB 2 characters!

Aylinato

50 wins until mohander, who wants to help me grind it out?

=D

(btw, im owning with HT archon/DT mix with like a couple colosi thrown in)

also 2 gate robo expand and 3 gate expand are now down pack for me muahahah

Aylinato

mohander is one of the protoss heros in the campaign when you get to play protoss, he is the one in the void ray(his is black and yellow)

his portrait is 500 team wins

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I'd like to play a few team games. I'm not particularly good so we may not exactly win but i may or may not be better than a random =p

Edit: anyhow, whenever I'm on i'll be in the neogaf channel. Seek me out and we shall shed blood.

Aylinato said:
also, 550 wins until I get my artanis portrait =D

How many total wins is it to get these two portraits you speak of?

And, you know I'm always up for a team game or two since I'm a winner. duh.
Somehow whenever I do team with neoGAF, we come out on top.

Aylinato

Awesome Animals said:
How many total wins is it to get these two portraits you speak of?

And, you know I'm always up for a team game or two since I'm a winner. duh.
Somehow whenever I do team with neoGAF, we come out on top.

50 for mohander, 550 for artanis

and 300 for selendius, but i dont know he or mohander very much, my main goal is artanis

Aylinato

Pandaman said:
selendus is a she, she's the player character from brood war, like artanis was the player character from sc1.

i know she's a she, it was a typo

i dont remember her being in sc1 brood war, nor can i find an image of her in BW, nor her wiki has anything about her being in BW

i believe u are mistaken

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
you don't play as "her" or as artanis u play as the EXECUTOR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IYUOWtnmlc
( first words )
selendis is the executor.

i dont remember her being in sc1 brood war, nor can i find an image of her in BW
you do remember that bw was played in first person right? there was never any art or references by name to any of the player characters in sc1 or brood war.

as for the wiki:
Selendis was a student of Artanis. In the reorganization following the Great War she was promoted to executor, acting as Artanis' assistant and commanding the combined military forces of the protoss.[6]

Aylinato

Pandaman said:
selendis is the executor.

you do remember that bw was played in first person right? there was never any art or references by name to any of the player characters in sc1 or brood war.

as for the wiki:
Selendis was a student of Artanis. In the reorganization following the Great War she was promoted to executor, acting as Artanis' assistant and commanding the combined military forces of the protoss.[6]

no, because in sc2 she only has heard of James Raynor, not worked with him

"En Taro Tassadar, James Raynor. I am Executor Selendis. Your bravery and service to Aiur are known to us."

She would of said, "it is nice to see you again James Raynor," not that we heard about you

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
no, because in sc2 she only has heard of James Raynor, not worked with him

"En Taro Tassadar, James Raynor. I am Executor Selendis. Your bravery and service to Aiur are known to us."

She would of said, "it is nice to see you again James Raynor," not that we heard about you
first: she's an alien, you cant really tell her how she would talk.
second: when exactly did raynor meet her? maybe he only hung out with his pals feix and zeratul, there's no reason to assume he was on a first name basis with everyone. raynors roll in the protoss campaign of brood war was small, he spent most of his time fighting on auir with fenix.
third: sc1/bw makes it pretty clear artanis wasnt the first executor too, but script doesn't make canon, chris metzen does.
four: selendis is canon brood war executor. dealwithit.

Aylinato

Pandaman said:
first: she's an alien, you cant really tell her how she would talk.
second: when exactly did raynor meet her? maybe he oly hung out with his pals feix and zeratul, there's no reason to assume he was on a first name basis with everyone.
third: sc1/bw makes it pretty clear artanis wasnt the first executor too, but script doesn't make canon, chris metzen does.

first: no protoss uses language that averts to people not knowing each other, for example zeratul greeting raynor in sc2

second: if she was the executor of the protoss forces in BW she would of fought alongside Raynor if that was truly the case(which obviously she wasn't with raynor as she has only heard of him)

third: your wrong, give up. Metzen>script>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

I'll go mission by mission for you, give me one moment(BW missions)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
first: no protoss uses language that averts to people not knowing each other, for example zeratul greeting raynor in sc2

second: if she was the executor of the protoss forces in BW she would of fought alongside Raynor if that was truly the case(which obviously she wasn't with raynor as she has only heard of him)

third: your wrong, give up. Metzen>script>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you
metzen says she became executor after the great war.
aka before the brood war.

you fail.

finally, raynor barely had a role in the protoss campaign of brood war.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Starcraft lore.

Amazing stuff.

Wait, it turned to shit after Brood Wars, so who gives a crap?

Aylinato

Pandaman said:
metzen says she became executor after the great war.
aka before the brood war.

you fail.

finally, raynor barely had a role in the protoss campaign of brood war.

doesn't mean you play as her, and doesn't clarify exactly when she took power, also there is barely any information I can find on her outside of her tiny wiki page and chris metzen mentioning her becoming executor sometime after the great war

for instance you dont play as tassadar when he is executor, yet you are still executor in sc1

::EDIT::

on a side note she's racist against dark templar: aka not as cool as tassadar, adun, or artanis

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aylinato said:
doesn't mean you play as her
yes it does, there is only ever one executor.

and doesn't clarify exactly when she took power
she replaced artanis.
artanis was the previous executor.
artanis was promoted from executor to praetor before the brood war.
as an executor, she served with artanis and commanded the protoss forces, who is associated with just about every single mission in the protoss campaign.

also there is barely any information I can find on her outside of her tiny wiki page
find any information on the ued captain.

for instance you dont play as tassadar when he is executor, yet you are still executor in sc1
did you forget that you were hired on as executor to capture him for treason?

you're wrong Aylinato, dunno why thats so hard for you to accept.
also, artanis is speciest against terrans and had to be reminded about their worth in battle by zeratul despite the fact that he knew raynor longer than he did zeratul and fought with terrans against the zerg on auir.

Aylinato

you dont play as tassadar, you dont play as artanis, and you dont play as selendis. it's not that hard to grasp.

::EDIT:: you can however "ROLEPLAY" as IF you were them, but you are not in fact, them. This is not a first-person RTS.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BigAT said:
So when Raynor touched the sword, the Lich King fused with him or he simply became the LIch King?
Correct, but don't forget that Gandalf was controlling Raynor all this time so he's actually a good guy (Raynor was actually a Dumbledore student).

Aylinato

Pandaman said:
tell that to chris metzen.

"Confident of their final victory, the Conclave dispatched Executor Artanis to bring Tassadar back to Aiur for judgment. "
http://eu.starcraft2.com/features/storysofar.xml

you're wrong aylinato, your knowledge of the lore is pitiful and wrong.
dealwithit.

"The tenor of your thoughts is different, but I sense no evil about you. And your devotion to our world and our people is as strong as ever. I shall trust in your wisdom, noble Tassadar. I shall be as you wish."

- Artanis sides with Tassadar.

still not seeing your point panda

o, i see, trolling me by attacking my favorite character. I see now.

but no, you still dont play as them

also your one thing backfired

http://us.starcraft2.com/features/storysofar2.xml

no mention of selendis, even though it's what you are referencing for your evidence regarding who we are playing

(as we are just playing a low level commander in whatever race we play in except zerg where we played as a cerebrate)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
aylinato, i do appreciate your casual approach to the lore wherein anything that you dont like is simply ignored for no reason, but those of us who live in reality see things differently. and in reality, the protoss player characters were artanis and selendis. another fun fact? the cerebrate in sc1 and bw are different too.

and artanis is actually a terrible character.
he drives a scout for fucks sake.
A SCOUT.

also your one thing backfired

http://us.starcraft2.com/features/storysofar2.xml

no mention of selendis, even though it's what you are referencing for your evidence regarding who we are playing
no mention of the 2nd executor at all, so its not proof they are different people. its cute how you grasp at these straws.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
aylinato, i do appreciate your casual approach to the lore wherein anything that you dont like is simply ignored for no reason, but those of us who live in reality see things differently. and in reality, the protoss player characters were artanis and selendis. another fun fact? the cerebrate in sc1 and bw are different too.

and artanis is actually a terrible character.
he drives a scout for fucks sake.
A SCOUT.

no mention of the 2nd executor at all, so its not proof they are different people. its cute how you grasp at these straws.
You hating on the stove?
Get out Panda.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94911

jasonng

You guys can fight over the stupidest things.

EDIT, we doing pregaf night tonight? NASL would probably take over tomorrow night.

Aylinato

jasonng said:
You guys can fight over the stupidest things.

EDIT, we doing pregaf night tonight? NASL would probably take over tomorrow night.

yea, we can do pregaf again tonight, just need someone to start it as I'll be a half hour late due to work

Jangocube

Banned
Ever since I started playing custom games, I haven't really played the main game since. So many good ones.

Main game gets pretty boring anyways...

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Uhh

Why is Goody playing Toss in his IPL Qualifier?
He lost the first two of a bo3 and got pissed off and is just going to two base his opponent I'm pretty sure.
EDIT: And hes not that great at protoss...

Deadly

Wow Artanis being the character you play in SC and Selendis the one in BW actually makes alot of sense... *mindblown* Going to have to side with Panda on this one.

jasonng

Deadly said:
Wow Artanis being the character you play in SC and Selendis the one in BW actually makes alot of sense... *mindblown* Going to have to side with Panda on this one.
If you want to consider that, then you were definitely Matt Horner in SC.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
If you want to consider that, then you were definitely Matt Horner in SC.
no, the magistrate isnt anyone in sc2.

apparently tychus knew him from before the great war though, as he makes reference to him in one conversation. .

this is how it breaks down:
magistrate: MIA
first cerebrate: dead.
first executor: artanis.
second exectutor: selendis.
UED captain: dead.
second cerebrate: dead. [probably]

WedgeX

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Fucking nerds.

neeeerd.gif

Keikaku

jasonng said:
Fellow Gold Zerg here, watched the first replay. You knew what you did wrong so you know where to improve on. I share your frustration with cannon cheese and like you I tend to assume that protoss would straight tech to voidrays after a failed cheese. However, I still think that evo chamber with two spore was too early and too much of an investment when you needed to equalize your economy. And even then if he decided to push with four voids those spores wouldnt completely fend them off. Were you afraid of DTs maybe?

Get used to sacrificing overlords, the information you can get is so crucial in your reaction to your opponent. Also I like to keep a zergling right below the ramp or near their natural so I know when they are pushing out with an army. Also, take out their probes with your runby zerglings. You had the chance a couple of times.

Yeah, good read on the evo chamber. I figured that, if he was going to cannon rush me, he was probably going to switch straight to cheesy option #2 and try to get VRs and come back. I figured that with a couple of spores+Queens, I would be able to either hold him off or scare him away. DT's never really came to mind, to be honest. Your other points are valid and welcome. Thanks for the crit Jason!

Panda, seeing as how you looked at my replays, what are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom