• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
i dont see how i could be segwayed into that kind of convo, but cool beans! :D

kinda helps that the zerg didnt even try to defend it. :\

zerg scouts him twice before his first scv leaves and he blames zergs loss on not scouting lol.
if the zergs scouted it why did he try to stop it then.
dunno what to say, he didn't even block the ramp.

Bronze ZvZ today for me - finding spines / queen / lings into mutas is pretty deadly. Nobody likes getting any air attack in Bronze ZvZ. Seems like when the early ling stuff settles out they just throw up their hands and say OKAY ROACHES.

Feeling good about my game. Doing better about scouting and starting to actually actively make decisions. Played a couple awful games right after work when I was really tired. After a good nap went 4 - 0.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
if the zergs scouted it why did he try to stop it then.
dunno what to say, he didn't even block the ramp.
i dunno. zerg want doing a standard 14/14 thats for sure and t was being hella ballsy hanging out. typically in that situation [not seeing lings before hatch] it means the lings are already on the map and safe play is to retreat to avoid a surround.

StopMakingSense said:
Bronze ZvZ today for me - finding spines / queen / lings into mutas is pretty deadly. Nobody likes getting any air attack in Bronze ZvZ. Seems like when the early ling stuff settles out they just throw up their hands and say OKAY ROACHES.
OKAY ROACHES beats <trollface /> Mutas at least up until gold league. If you're winning, you're just better than your opponent period and you would've done it quicker with roaches.

WedgeX said:
Both the first and second "youre screwed" 's are so damn ironic. Glad to see you beating him soundly.

Oh, and at one point I was like "awesome should do _______" and then you did it. Moving on up, man.

should do...what? You didn't finish your sentence! What did I do?

mescalineeyes said:
naps are OP.

Naps finish me. If I take a nap, I don't make it online because I them become so lazy for the rest of the day. Happens almost every weekend.

Deadman

The friday HQ stream for mlg will be free, says sundance:

To give you the chance to see our all-new streams for yourself, all of the streams on Friday will be shown in HQ, for free.

HQ rebroadcasts from Friday’s matches will also be made available to everyone right on the site as the matches are played.

Starting on Saturday, HQ passes will be available for $10. You can purchase them directly through the on-site player. The pass will give you full HQ access to the entire rest of the Competition, as well as faster access to rebroadcasts.

WedgeX

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
should do...what? You didn't finish your sentence! What did I do?

Got some vikings out side of your base after the first drop. Even if he decided not to use any further harass. Using them for scouting/containing dropships outside of his base is the next step.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!

Wow, soooo lucky! Out of 8 people, I got it, and I got it by talking about SC2 for 15 minutes ._.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yoshichan said:
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!

Wow, soooo lucky! Out of 8 people, I got it, and I got it by talking about SC2 for 15 minutes ._.

Congrats man!

GkDkm.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thank you SO much everyone!
TheThunder said:
Does your boss know about your love for a 17 year old asian boy ?
He will eventually XD
V_Arnold said:
GZ btw, what kind of job did you get?
I got the job as a clerk in one of the biggest electronics boutique in my country :D!!
Q8D3vil said:
congra yoshi :D !!!
maybe you will accept practicing with me now :p
Felt bad after telling you the bad stuff last time :( Had a bad day... can you forgive me?

joelseph

Vaporak said:
The promotion system has nothing to do with what opponents the matchmaker gives you.

I have been #1 silver for weeks, I have not played a silver player for weeks. My average opponent is top 5 gold, all labeled even match.

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Nice. Btw that quoted question is not mine :D
Sorry, fixed!!!
Awesome Animals said:
Congrats, it feels good to be employed, doesn't it.
Feels amazing! :D

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
22. France Millenium Stephano – Zerg
23. Sweden Millenium Lalush – Zerg
24. France Millenium Adelscott – Protoss
25. Russia RoX.KiS BRAT_OK – Terran
26. Sweden Mouz Thorzain – Terran
27. Sweden Dignitas SjoW – Terran
28. Germany Mouz Hasuobs - Protoss
29. Germany Liquid TLO - Terran

new dreamhack invites!

Q8D3vil

Felt bad after telling you the bad stuff last time :( Had a bad day... can you forgive me?
i'll forgive you after you practice with me :D

HolyCheck said:
22. France Millenium Stephano – Zerg
23. Sweden Millenium Lalush – Zerg
24. France Millenium Adelscott – Protoss
25. Russia RoX.KiS BRAT_OK – Terran
26. Sweden Mouz Thorzain – Terran
27. Sweden Dignitas SjoW – Terran
28. Germany Mouz Hasuobs - Protoss
29. Germany Liquid TLO - Terran

new dreamhack invites!
fuck yeah

BigAT

Yoshichan said:
I got the job as a clerk in one of the biggest electronics boutique in my country :D!!
You must be on some weird past timeline in Europe. Spoiler alert: They all become Gamestops.

mescalineeyes said:
I wish people would chill the fuck out over their rankings.

I completely agree. The amoung of QQing going on at tl.net, and people bitching about it is unbelievable. I don't understand how something like whether you are displayed as platinum or gold is as important as it is. It will get sorted eventually. People are playing the competition they are supposed to be facing; that should be enough. The whiners need to realize that an ePeen isn't real.

Awesome Animals said:
I completely agree. The amoung of QQing going on at tl.net, and people bitching about it is unbelievable. I don't understand how something like whether you are displayed as platinum or gold is as important as it is. It will get sorted eventually. People are playing the competition they are supposed to be facing; that should be enough. The whiners need to realize that an ePeen isn't real.

I really want the ladder to glitch out one day and promote every entitled douche to the next higher league only to get fucking manhandled.

Jeff-DSA

joelseph said:
I have been #1 silver for weeks, I have not played a silver player for weeks. My average opponent is top 5 gold, all labeled even match.

I haven't been favored in a match for at least a month. All I see is Gold and Platinum guys and I'm still stuck in Silver despite a really strong win rate this season. I'm guessing I'm around 80% this season, but still no promotion.

The only reason it matters is because when you try to give a guy a bit of advice they just give you a "lol, like I'll listen to a Silver noob" response. It's ultimately their loss, but whatever. Just last night I tried to help a guy out I completely steamrolled and he wouldn't listen because he was a top 5 gold and I was just a top 5 silver, so I got by on cheese according to him.

Aylinato

so I went to TL to read about the blue's post regarding the locked ladder(which the blue post stated the leagues were locked)

the first page of posts says that it isn't a bug(even when blizzard says it's locked cause of a bug) and that the MMA isn't certain you belong in whatever league

*facepalm* is it really like that all the time over there?

Trickster

Jeff-DSA said:
I haven't been favored in a match for at least a month. All I see is Gold and Platinum guys and I'm still stuck in Silver despite a really strong win rate this season. I'm guessing I'm around 80% this season, but still no promotion.

The only reason it matters is because when you try to give a guy a bit of advice they just give you a "lol, like I'll listen to a Silver noob" response. It's ultimately their loss, but whatever. Just last night I tried to help a guy out I completely steamrolled and he wouldn't listen because he was a top 5 gold and I was just a top 5 silver, so I got by on cheese according to him.

I love people that are like that while not even being diamond.

Won

Aylinato said:
so I went to TL to read about the blue's post regarding the locked ladder(which the blue post stated the leagues were locked)

the first page of posts says that it isn't a bug(even when blizzard says it's locked cause of a bug) and that the MMA isn't certain you belong in whatever league

*facepalm* is it really like that all the time over there?

Huh? The thread was started before Blizzard said anything. They only updated the OP.

Jeff-DSA said:

If someone doesn't ask for advice, then he probably doesn't want it.

Jeff-DSA

Won said:
If someone doesn't ask for advice, then he probably doesn't want it.

If somebody is going to tell you that Terran is imba for having siege tanks, it's better to give them advice on how to counter it than to just call him names. I told him to build immortals, take advantage of my limited mobility, or to try blinking on top of my tanks rather than trying to run into them. I think it's better than, "lol, whatever. I pwned you hard cuz you suck the fatty."

Jeff-DSA said:
If somebody is going to tell you that Terran is imba for having siege tanks, it's better to give them advice on how to counter it than to just call him names. I told him to build immortals, take advantage of my limited mobility, or to try blinking on top of my tanks rather than trying to run into them. I think it's better than, "lol, whatever. I pwned you hard cuz you suck the fatty."

people who don't respect good advice don't deserve your respect.

joelseph

mescalineeyes said:
I really want the ladder to glitch out one day and promote every entitled douche to the next higher league only to get fucking manhandled.

You seem angry, you should probably chill out. Then you need to realize that this is a competitive game, we all play to be better and the ladder is an easy way to quantify that. So stop posturing, it will be okay!

Jeff-DSA said:

Yeah, a Protoss qqing about tanks being imba is pretty lol. (and pretty sad, so many options)

Jeff-DSA

IdrA streaming...so much fun to watch him play. I wish he'd always commentate though. I don't play Zerg, but I've learned tons about TvZ from his comments.

Haunted

Jeff-DSA said:
IdrA streaming...so much fun to watch him play. I wish he'd always commentate though. I don't play Zerg, but I've learned tons about TvZ from his comments.
Naniwa is also streaming, current soundtrack is the 8-bit Zelda theme.

EU superior again.

Jeff-DSA said:

Tanks are imba TvT >_<

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom