• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

I just registered with SC2replayed to show you guys a replay and I get errors every time I upload. I'm just FTPing the file to my blog, check it out.

The game is really bad from both sides, actually. Heck, I didn't even scout the guy out, which I'm usually obsessive about doing. I just had a feeling he was going colossi and prepared for it. It's worth watching just to see the ending though, when he starts crying.

And no, he never posted it on the TL forums that I could see.

Oh yeah, after the match he accused me of mineral hacking. Funny stuff.

lolwut.jpg

Replay link: http://stupidgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/QQToss.SC2Replay

And yes, I know I was playing terribly. I was holding my 2 year old son while playing, and he was trying to "help daddy win" the whole time. Not an excuse for the lack of scouting, but definitely why I didn't bother to micro when I saw his poor composition.

Hazaro said:
Sheeeeeeeeeeit

And Z has 100 apm on him :lol
Nah, they switched to "units lost" for the second half :p They're both around 200 apm. Pretty amazing control though.

Edit: oh, actually you're right. The zerg really is 100+ apm higher on the "current" scale during the first part.

zlatko

Banned
V_Arnold said:
I assume a mythical rare unit called "Siege Tank"

Yeah kind of figured. I thought this eco bust was built to hit before the siege timing lol. These days I do nothing but play standard. Either 14gas/14 pool or 15 hatch. Heavy Econ, standard unit composition as I play reactionary. :p

V_Arnold

zlatko said:
Yeah kind of figured. I thought this eco bust was built to hit before the siege timing lol. These days I do nothing but play standard. Either 14gas/14 pool or 15 hatch. Heavy Econ, standard unit composition as I play reactionary. :p

I do not know either what the word means coming from Devil :D He has a way of overhyping banelings just cause he is afraid of them :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
yoshi will forget mkp when he see that.
I'm not in love with Foxer just because of his micro :) Happy needs more than that, he needs be just as cute as him. He needs his amazing personality. He needs awesome documentaries that show his family support. I can keep going!

I'll never forget about my fox ♥

Jeff-DSA said:
And yes, I know I was playing terribly. I was holding my 2 year old son while playing, and he was trying to "help daddy win" the whole time. Not an excuse for the lack of scouting, but definitely why I didn't bother to micro when I saw his poor composition.

Precious. He certainly did help Daddy win. :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yoshichan said:
I'm not in love with Foxer just because of his micro :) Happy needs more than that, he needs be just as cute as him. He needs his amazing personality. He needs awesome documentaries that show his family support. I can keep going!

I'll never forget about my fox ♥

How sad will you be if you dont get a photo of yourself with foxer for your facebook?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HolyCheck said:
How sad will you be if you dont get a photo of yourself with foxer for your facebook?
It's not going to happen, I'm going to Dreamhack solely so that I can meet him and take a picture. I'll dedicate every single minute I'm there to find a way to meet him.

I wouldn't worry about it :)!

edit: But yes, IF something would happen and for some reason I wouldn't get the chance to even take a picture - I'll most likely cry. Yes, you heard it here first folks - I'll not break anything. I'll just cry.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yoshichan said:
It's not going to happen, I'm going to Dreamhack solely so that I can meet him and take a picture. I'll dedicate every single minute I'm there to find a way to meet him.

I wouldn't worry about it :)!
When I was at WCG the Koreans hid Flash behind curtains the whole time and shoo'd him back immediately after the matches.

Hopefully you can grab some pics. MKP isn't as good as Flash so it shouldn't be a problem.

The GSL Super Tournament. I see that it starts at 5:00 a.m. EDT. As understandable as it is (seeing as it is a Korean tournament), it also means I can't watch it live. How does GOM.TV do their VODs? Will I need to purchase something to check this tournament out?

Yoshichan

Hazaro said:
Hopefully you can grab some pics. MKP isn't as good as Flash so it shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah and also this will be in Dreamhack, not WCG - it's hard to "run away" in DH. They'll hopefully be chillin' around the place sometime during the day.

zlatko

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
The GSL Super Tournament. I see that it starts at 5:00 a.m. EDT. As understandable as it is (seeing as it is a Korean tournament), it also means I can't watch it live. How does GOM.TV do their VODs? Will I need to purchase something to check this tournament out?

It'll be the best 10 dollars you ever spent. Guaranteed.

Q8D3vil

zlatko said:
check 90% of july games in gsl and you will know what i mean about eco baneling bust.

the whole idea is hitting the terran in a specific timing when he don't have factory tech.
you need to check his wall off with a zergling then decide to do it or continue droning.
its good against a failed 2 rax opener because the terran will be far late in tech.

the hard counter blue flame hellions not siege tanks, because he will not just stop at killing your army (of course that require a good micro), but he will also kill all your drones in your natural.

study july games and try it, its very fun to try stuff like this in the ladder.

Tntnnbltn

I'm trialling the LiquidTyler hotkey setup.

Warpgates on Q, warpgate units on WERTD
Robo on A, robo units on SDFG
Stargates on Z, stargate units on XCV
Reinforcing plyon camera location on Tab.

Only played 1 game so far, but going TAB-Q-W-click-click-click-click-click to build zealots is so satisfying.

ksan

Q8D3vil said:
check 90% of july games in gsl and you will know what i mean about eco baneling bust.

the whole idea is hitting the terran in a specific timing when he don't have factory tech.
you need to check his wall off with a zergling then decide to do it or continue droning.
its good against a failed 2 rax opener because the terran will be far late in tech.

the hard counter blue flame hellions not siege tanks, because he will not just stop at killing your army (of course that require a good micro), but he will also kill all your drones in your natural.

study july games and try it, its very fun to try stuff like this in the ladder.
I agree that it's amazing as a follow up against 2 rax. If I know that he expands behind it and he doesn't use any scans it's almost a guaranteed win, it's either that or scouting and counting drones/gas mined. It requires quite a bit of sim citying to defend an "eco"-baneling bust.

And with blue flame hellions I assume you mean that as a normal strat and not a 2 rax follow up from the terran, cause there's no way he will have enough in that case.
zlatko said:
It'll be the best 10 dollars you ever spent. Guaranteed.
Oh, and I love the wonders of a cheap dollar myself
or a strong currency?

Q8D3vil

ksan said:
I agree that it's amazing as a follow up against 2 rax. If I know that he expands behind it and he doesn't use any scans it's almost a guaranteed win, it's either that or scouting and counting drones/gas mined. It requires quite a bit of sim citying to defend an "eco"-baneling bust.

And with blue flame hellions I assume you mean that as a normal strat and not a 2 rax follow up from the terran, cause there's no way he will have enough in that case.
depend on the terran timings, i found that if i got the timing perfectly ( double gas on 24 food after 2 rax expand) then double factories i can get 2-3 normal hellions before the zerg hit my wall.
if i suspect baneling bust i threw 2 safety bunkers one near the minerals and one near the wall which usually stop it completely then build up like 6 hellions for map control and to keep the zerg on his knee's so he spent all his larvae on ling roaches while i'm ahead in eco.

ultron87

Awesome Animals said:
Assuming the ticket lasts a season? Also, how invasive are the ads. Is it worth the extra $10 to remove them?

It's just ~30 seconds at the beginning of every match. It only gets a little annoying if you're switching matches real quickly to find the one you haven't watched yet.

V_Arnold

Jeff-DSA said:
StarCraft Ghost?

;)

No, simply no. Do not try to bend reality. Blizzard does NOT do this. Not with expansions to already estabilished games. There is Wings of Liberty, there will be Heart of Swarm, and there will be Legacy of the Void.

Do not even think that a console game fiasco or something with the Blizzard North and ONE canceled Thrall adventure game will make a precedent to allow something like that. Nope.

Jeff-DSA

I know man, it's just a little messing around.

I played StarCraft Ghost and it was pretty clunky. I still wanted to see it come out though. When they passed it on to Swingin' Ape I thought that it had some hope. It's a shame it never worked out because I think they had a good concept going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom