• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Awesome Animals said:
I am a jerk, but I don't think I deserve to have it spoiled, I'll just hold off for now :)
WHY haven't you played it ._. ... and I even like you!!!

Snow

BigAT said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-teaser-starcraft-ii/714345

Awwwwwwwww yeah, Heart of the Swarm teaser. Spoilers if you haven't played the WoL campaign, but if you haven't you're probably a jerk and deserve to have it spoiled anyway.
Someone broke embargo, me thinks. Pretty sure stuff is supposed to go up next week. Thing is gone, found a copy on youtube via reddit.

Pretty short, but enough to get the fanboy in me going. More curious about how the SP for HotS is actually structured though, since that's going to be completely different from WoL from what they said. We should hear about that next week.

lol..I played a bit, really don't enjoy the rpg elements that much, and switched over to MP because I am a social butterfly and I gotta spread my wings.

I'll rectify the situation and crank it out. How long is it? I've played a few hours of it already.

BigAT

Awesome Animals said:
lol..I played a bit, really don't enjoy the rpg elements that much, and switched over to MP because I am a social butterfly and I gotta spread my wings.

I'll rectify the situation and crank it out. How long is it? I've played a few hours of it already.
It's not especially long, especially if you avoid the side missions.

BigAT said:
It's not especially long, especially if you avoid the side missions.

oh? that's good news. The big problem is I am a completionist...I can't help myself sometimes but to get everything. I think that is why I have problems finishing story driven games.

Haunted

Yoshichan said:
So I played my first 5 3v3 in my entire life...

won all 5 by massing marines... got to masters...

is this how I get to be a better player?
It's how MKP almost won a GSL so I say go for it.

TheMango 6rax.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haunted said:
It's how MKP almost won a GSL so I say go for it.
HURP

Mr. Chae Jeong Won & GOMTV.net said:
Dear GOMTV.net users:

Hello.

We appreciate you for your positive remarks regarding the announcement of schedule for the second half year.
One of the biggest changes in the schedule for the latter half of the year is the expansion of GSTL.

Many of you might already know but the expansion of GSTL will be the opportunity for discovering new gamers and players who were eliminated from the individual league unfortunately will be able to demonstrate their skills to the world through GSTL.

One of the biggest obstacles to the decision for the expansion of GSTL was ‘what to do when foreign teams want to participate in the GSTL’.
After the expansion, GSTL will last for about 2 months and it is not easy for foreign teams to let more than 6 players stay in Korea.

However, we had a meeting with StarCraft II Conference and coaches and have decided to allow liaison between foreign players and Korean SC2 pro teams.

For example, currently we allow teams like oGs-TL to participate in the GSTL. Likewise if a great foreign player participates individually and not as a team, a good Korean SC2 pro team could scout that player and participate in the GSTL together. This will work as a catalyst for the active participation of foreign players and will work as a method to rapidly increase the awareness of Korean SC2 teams among viewers outside of Korea.

We have another great news. I couldn’t believe the news when I first heard it.
Many of you might know already but there has been a foreign team that had a lot of interest in Korea specifically.
Team FXO has decided to participate in the upcoming GSTL.
FXO has decided to bring all their team members to Korea instead of letting their players participate in the GSTL by partnering up with a Korean pro team.

We are very glad to hear this decision and are looking forward to the games between team FXO and Korean teams.
Foreign teams will have the opportunity to increase their skill levels by competing with Korean teams and by showcasing high level matches. We have already proved that individual league and team league are different with the World Championship team league.

We welcome the decision of team FXO and we will provide the GOM House to FXO in order to assist them with their stay.

We hope you show support for the grand journey of the new GSTL.
We are expecting to open the new season with 11 teams and will announce the detailed league schedule and group composition next week.
We will do our best to keep up with rapidly changing e-Sports fans and players.
Opportunities will be made. Seize them!

via GOMTV.net

Team FXO will be participating in the next GSTL

hamchan

oooooooooo how exciting. I sure hope Moonglade does better this time seeing as he pretty much represents the whole of Australia.

hamchan said:
Lame.

I hope fxo do well. They can probably play on equal terms with the crappier teams like Zenex.
I dunno, Zenex has Kyrix, Byun, Coca, sure their mid/low teir code S guys but it's not like Idra really tore up the GSL when he was their either.

Keikaku

Double forge right after the Zealot harass. Don't die Cheeto!

EDIT: Cheeto down 25 supply and the caster/observer missed a DT drop/harass, I think.

DOUBLE EDIT: Cheeto nooooo! :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Panda stop roleplaying
Dreamer.E06.%EB%B0%95%EC%84%B1%EC%A4%80%ED%8E%B8.100903.QAM.XVID-OM.avi_snapshot_33.43_%5b2010.09.05_19.36.59%5d.jpg

Ultimately the experience of playing in Korea is going to help FXO, but I think they'll bomb out in the competition. Which will re-enforce the "Koreans are superior" line which I honestly don't think is as true as it was a few months ago. I think members of Dignitas could perform very well in Korea, as could other top European players.

zargle

mescalineeyes said:
Can't wait to see how Sheth will perform in Korea... also, how he'll fit in the booth.

Is Sheth actually going to go? Everytime I watch his stream someone asks him and he goes on a small rant about how bad a deal the GSL actually is (similar to the reasons posted in the GomTV post). Has he said he'll go for the team stuff since they changed it?

867-5309 said:
Is Sheth actually going to go? Everytime I watch his stream someone asks him and he goes on a small rant about how bad a deal the GSL actually is (similar to the reasons posted in the GomTV post). Has he said he'll go for the team stuff since they changed it?
He is going, he wont make it in time for the code A qualifiers but hopefully he can get one of the MLG spots.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not sure how Sheth can complain about it being a bad deal, not like he's winning anything at the moment.

PhoenixDark said:
Ultimately the experience of playing in Korea is going to help FXO, but I think they'll bomb out in the competition. Which will re-enforce the "Koreans are superior" line which I honestly don't think is as true as it was a few months ago. I think members of Dignitas could perform very well in Korea, as could other top European players.
Not sure what has happened recently that would change that thinking, if you ask me it feels like certain sections of the community don't give them enough credit. I hope all the Koreans dominate MLG, would shut some people up.

Ikuu said:
Not sure how Sheth can complain about it being a bad deal, not like he's winning anything at the moment.

Not sure what has happened recently that would change that thinking, if you ask me it feels like certain sections of the community don't give them enough credit. I hope all the Koreans dominate MLG, would shut some people up.
Not possible since one of the Koreans going over is Moon.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Moon did well at IEM and I'd say he's better than the majority of players that will be at MLG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom