• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Keikaku said:
Big news! I'm pretty sure that the guy next to him is SoftBall, the best Terran in the TeSL . . . but he's not that great compared to other pros T_T

good eye! it is indeed softball!

One thing I've been wondering re: streams. Does Justin.tv have everything in place re: ASCAP, etc. licensing? A lot of these guys just stream with music playing and it seems like it could be a huge pain in the ass if they weren't cleared for it by Justin.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Sheth had to stop streaming his music as he had a premium Pandora account and they complained to Justin.tv, I thought they were going to stop people playing music but they haven't yet.

Deadman

When day9 switched to jtv he stopped playing music, or at least he said he was going to (i dont watch live). Everyone else seems to not be bothered though.

zlatko

Banned
Ugh. My internet has been crashing all day. Every like 10-30 seconds it d/cs and then won't come back for a few minutes. I tried to disconnect all my modem/router shit. Ran spyware/anti virus. I even reset my PC to 2 days ago. I tried different wires and electrical sockets.

I just NOW managed to get it working...and that was just by not doing any for 3 hours while I played SC2 and SSF4 offline. It'll probably crash soon, and today was supposed to be my play 20-30 games of ladder. :(

Currently battling malware from he'll, hence my absence. Hopefully I can fix this soon, if not I'll give up and reinstall Windows. Only got to play a couple games with the new patch ;(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
PhoenixDark said:
Currently battling malware from he'll, hence my absence. Hopefully I can fix this soon, if not I'll give up and reinstall Windows. Only got to play a couple games with the new patch ;(
safe mode + malwarebytes
burn avira system rescue cd, run that from bootup

should be fine

HolyCheck

I just had a dream inwhich several pro sc2 players were shot in south korea in some kind of shooting at a food court :(

Thorzain got taken down :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
HolyCheck said:
I just had a dream inwhich several pro sc2 players were shot in south korea in some kind of shooting at a food court :(

what%20the%20fuck.gif

Trickster

is a roach all in viable in any fashion agains't a protoss that isn't doing a very greedy opening? I've had a few zerg try and do it to me when im opening 2gate+robo or 3gate, and it just fails misserably each and every time. Does it work for zergs in masters? Because it seems to suck in platinum.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:

thorzain going down vs bio...

ironic really...

Striek

HolyCheck said:

+1 to the thats messed up chorus.

Trickster said:
is a roach all in viable in any fashion agains't a protoss that isn't doing a very greedy opening? I've had a few zerg try and do it to me when im opening 2gate+robo or 3gate, and it just fails misserably each and every time. Does it work for zergs in masters? Because it seems to suck in platinum.
The 1base roach rushes? Gimmicky, can work if completely unscouted if executed well though. The 2base 30ish drone roach/ling timing attack against expansions? Really awesome. Just completely crushed someone who I thought was going 3 gate expand but was doing the fake nexus cancel 4gate.

Striek

Zerg-gaf:

How do you inject?

I was manually injecting then I swapped to hotkeying all queens to 4 then pressing 4 -> v -> hold-shift -> space click space click space click etc. (shift+space is my go to base hotkey instead of backspace). This works well to inject all my bases very fast except when I have new expansions without queens or a queen dies then my queens go haywire running all over the place.

Also forgetting to bind a new hatchery to my hatchery button is the worst thing ever, especially if its your first expansion. Why do I never have enough larvae?!?!!? (proceed to find out expansion has 15 larvae as the opponent starts killing it).

Striek said:
Zerg-gaf:

How do you inject?

I was manually injecting then I swapped to hotkeying all queens to 4 then pressing 4 -> v -> hold-shift -> space click space click space click etc. (shift+space is my go to base hotkey instead of backspace). This works well to inject all my bases very fast except when I have new expansions without queens or a queen dies then my queens go haywire running all over the place.

Also forgetting to bind a new hatchery to my hatchery button is the worst thing ever, especially if its your first expansion. Why do I never have enough larvae?!?!!? (proceed to find out expansion has 15 larvae as the opponent starts killing it).
hotkey queens to 4 and minimap click, I'm fairly shit though lol.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Striek said:
Zerg-gaf:

How do you inject?

I recently set mine up like this:
Hatches 4
Queens 5
Basebutton (default Backspace) to tilde (~)

5+v+shift, tilde, click, tilde, click, tilde, click, tilde, click, tilde, click

Check my stream starting at 1:17:00
http://www.justin.tv/vggaming/b/286683547

so it can't be team liquid because that would be about as surprising as the sun coming up tomorrow.

I have a feeling it'll either be FXO or EG. The thought of Sheth kicking korean ass gets me all sorts of excited.

mescalineeyes said:
so it can't be team liquid because that would be about as surprising as the sun coming up tomorrow.

I have a feeling it'll either be FXO or EG. The thought of Sheth kicking korean ass gets me all sorts of excited.
Dignitas is the one people are mentioning in the TL thread, Naniwa has said often he wants to go, Select is korean and apparentyl Sjow aswel has said previously he would be interested in going too.

Striek

Hazaro said:
I recently set mine up like this:
Yeah thats basically the same as mine except different hotkeys. I saw Moonglade using a system where he hotkeys a queen+its hatchery together, but it seems to take a lot more effort (and uses like 6 hotkeys by the end of a long game).

Edit: GOM is awesome how they're going about this. I mean sure it benefits them to have more foreign players = more foreign viewers, but I'm still surprised how commited to it they are.

V_Arnold

Honestly, GOM has already done and is doing more for the growth of international esports scene that KeSpa ever has. Not like it was KesPa's job or duty, but still.

Also to add to my post earlier I doubt it will be EG, they were talking about a korean house ages ago but they bailed on that and are too tied up in NASL I think.

Could be FXO but honestly other than Sheth they don't really have anyone putting out results.

imo the only foreigner teams that I think would be competetive as a team would be Dignitas, Mouz and maybe Empire

Lots of things to say:

• What is wrong with you HolyCheck? And when I see David Cross I only think "Where the fuck are my hard boiled eggs?!"
  • Why is Arnold in this thread, I thought I established Rocky as the hero of SC-GAF?
  • There is no way it is EG participating in GSTL. iNcontrol and IdrA are both not interested in going to Korea. My money would be on Team Liquid. Jinro and HuK are both already over there, and Tyler is an established name (or maybe they only know him as Nony. I wish he'd switch back to that name).
  • Maybe team Fnatic?

Awesome Animals said:
Lots of things to say:

• What is wrong with you HolyCheck? And when I see David Cross I only think "Where the fuck are my hard boiled eggs?!"
  • Why is Arnold in this thread, I thought I established Rocky as the hero of SC-GAF?
  • There is no way it is EG participating in GSTL. iNcontrol and IdrA are both not interested in going to Korea. My money would be on Team Liquid. Jinro and HuK are both already over there, and Tyler is an established name (or maybe they only know him as Nony. I wish he'd switch back to that name).
  • Maybe team Fenix?
I doubt TL, Ret Haypro and TLO all left korea already, Tyler said he might go if he got the mlg code S spot though.
team Fenix as in fnatic? well TT1 was posting heaps in the other gom thread about reasons foreigners wouldn't go so I got the impression he wasn't interested. Also it's Fenix and Sen the only good players so I hope not i would like it to be a team with depth.

Deadman said:
TLO made $2487.97 for doctors without borders.
cool, about 100 bucks for every hour thats pretty impressive.

pieatorium said:
I doubt TL, Ret Haypro and TLO all left korea already, Tyler said he might go if he got the mlg code S spot though.
team Fenix as in fnatic? well TT1 was posting heaps in the other gom thread about reasons foreigners wouldn't go so I got the impression he wasn't interested. Also it's Fenix and Sen the only good players so I hope not i would like it to be a team with depth.

cool, about 100 bucks for every hour thats pretty impressive.

I did mean Team Fnatic, Fnatic.Fenix is the one I like, so I just mixed it up. What other team is deep enough? As far as the foreign SC II scene is concerned, team play really isn't a priority. Aren't there a lot of foreign pros without a team? What other teams are there?

Although, maybe that is why iNcontrol left SotG, because EG is heading over to Korea as a team, and it is a huge secret. I know IdrA said he wouldn't go back, but maybe it is a massive feint so he doesn't reveal these plans. That kind of excites me a little.

Or maybe Day[9] has developed a team with the intentions of leading it to Korean victory!

But, now that I think of it, it is probably sixjax... :(

Awesome Animals said:
I did mean Team Fnatic, Fnatic.Fenix is the one I like, so I just mixed it up. What other team is deep enough? As far as the foreign SC II scene is concerned, team play really isn't a priority. Aren't there a lot of foreign pros without a team? What other teams are there?

Although, maybe that is why iNcontrol left SotG, because EG is heading over to Korea as a team, and it is a huge secret. I know IdrA said he wouldn't go back, but maybe it is a massive feint so he doesn't reveal these plans. That kind of excites me a little.

Or maybe Day[9] has developed a team with the intentions of leading it to Korean victory!

But, now that I think of it, it is probably sixjax... :(
I mentioned what I think are the 2 deepest teams above, Dignitas andMouz

Dignitas has Select Naniwa Sjow Bischu

Mouz has Mana Hasuobs Thorzain Morrow (sucks that Strelock left)

hamchan

pieatorium said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=227051
Gomtv head dude post on TL

highlights

Firstly, “Foreign players can now participate as a mercenary in Korean team”.

Also I am open to idea of non-Korean team coming to Korean and play in GSTL. I’ve already received been contacted by certain team showing great interest and will soon make an announcement which will be huge surprise to many of you.

GOMTV is awesome and have done great things for the growth of E-Sports. I agree with the GOM guy that cultural barriers can be overcome for the fame and fortune available from playing in the GSL. What I really think though is that most foreigners just don't think it's worth the risk as the competition is so great over there i.e most foreigners aren't cocky enough to think they can beat the best Korea has to offer in their home turf.

I really like the idea of mercenary foreigners in the GSTL and an oGs-TL alliance. I've been hoping for that to happen ever since the first GSTL. Still, I don't know if the oGs coach will even want to use HuK or Jinro lol.

pieatorium said:
I mentioned what I think are the 2 deepest teams above, Dignitas andMouz

Dignitas has Select Naniwa Sjow Bischu

Mouz has Mana Hasuobs Thorzain Morrow (sucks that Strelock left)

That's right. Can't believe I left those to out (especially since you wrote about them once already, ignorant american). But, you did say that the European teams are unlikely according to TT1?

hamchan said:
GOMTV is awesome and have done great things for the growth of E-Sports. I agree with the GOM guy that cultural barriers can be overcome for the fame and fortune available from playing in the GSL. What I really think though is that most foreigners just don't think it's worth the risk as the competition is so great over there i.e most foreigners aren't cocky enough to think they can beat the best Korea has to offer in their home turf.

I really like the idea of mercenary foreigners in the GSTL and an oGs-TL alliance. I've been hoping for that to happen ever since the first GSTL. Still, I don't know if the oGs coach will even want to use HuK or Jinro lol.

I think the idea of a team is different in Korea as in over here, I could be wrong but do the foreign teams earn salaries similar to oGs or MVP? I know that even the non-S and non-A team members still earn salaries. Or am I wrong about that?

HolyCheck

can some one post the full article for me? I can't view TL at work.. and i logged into gaf to ask ;_; i feel rebelious

Awesome Animals said:
That's right. Can't believe I left those to out (especially since you wrote about them once already, ignorant american). But, you did say that the European teams are unlikely according to TT1?
That was just fnatic I thought was unlikely, TT1 is Canadian btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom