• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q8D3vil said:
there is a gsl thread you know >_>
anyway, who give a fuck jinro and nada are playing today so i'm ok even if husky is casting :X

Who cares, hes playing like a scrub anyway. Going on his recent form we can expect some pathetic all in cheese followed by a quick GG.

I hope he can turn it around but he hasn't shown much if any promise lately.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
Who cares, hes playing like a scrub anyway. Going on his recent form we can expect some pathetic all in cheese followed by a quick GG.

I hope he can turn it around but he hasn't shown much if any promise lately.
sad but true, i'm giving this as last chance.
bunker rush is awesome, but he's not even doing it in a good way :(

Started laddering more again yesterday, this time as Random. Just played my first TvZ (as T) and damn, that's a scary ass matchup. It looks so easy when you watch good players play it. Unsieging your tanks and moving them forward is terrifying. (I realize that I should leap-frog them forward one by one but that's pretty APM-intensive for a new Terran player) Also, if your tanks are out of position when he attacks, you can die really quickly.

Also, tried this Baneling drop/Infestor/Roach style in ZvP and it's so fun. Only played it a couple of times vs the AI, so this isn't very useful, but I think it's viable.

close to the edge said:
Started laddering more again yesterday, this time as Random. Just played my first TvZ (as T) and damn, that's a scary ass matchup. It looks so easy when you watch good players play it. Unsieging your tanks and moving them forward is terrifying. (I realize that I should leap-frog them forward one by one but that's pretty APM-intensive for a new Terran player) Also, if your tanks are out of position when he attacks, you can die really quickly.
Yeah I stated playing random too and my tvz is terrible(more terrible than my other matchups which says alot), I just go hellions into mass thor. At my level thors are like final bosses

pieatorium said:
Yeah I stated playing random too and my tvz is terrible(more terrible than my other matchups which says alot), I just go hellions into mass thor. At my level thors are like final bosses
Haha, yeah, mabye I should try something more gimmicky, because the straight up Marine/Medivac/Tank is pretty hard. But it looks so fun. :/

One thing that I didn't do was drops. I should do more drops as Terran.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If you have problems TvZ you need to consistently poke and understand what the Zerg can and can't do. e.g. Lings with speed at x:xx? Roaches? When did he take his hatch? Does he have 0,1,2 gas at his natural? Is his spire started? Time to move out, etc.
Along with how strong marines and tanks are. Need to have a little faith. And deny creep vision with the Zerg's 3rd while you seige up yours.

Then as long as you counter broodlords you win! Easy.

If all of that is too hard, just mass marine/hellion/Thor. Push with 12 and 20 scvs.

Q8D3vil

AdventureRacing said:
It's weird because he used to be able to do it so well. He just seems to be dropping off so much.
nah, to be truly successful bunker rush he must retreat with his army or do some serious eco/army damage.
jinro just killed the hatchery and waited in the bunker until the zerg took all of his units for free (he lost like 3-6 scv's and ton of marines).

if u have problems with what hazaro is saying just see my avatar and you will know what to do :p

ksan

Wow at ladder metalopolis in the complexity tournament, great idea, gets especially good with the tvz finals.
Then again, it seems to be in line with my expectations of how intelligent the average person from that organization is.

Q8D3vil

ksan said:
Wow at ladder metalopolis in the complexity tournament, great idea, gets especially good with the tvz finals.
Then again, it seems to be in line with my expectations of how intelligent the average person from that organization is.
i don't see any problem with that, gsl maps still have close position.
doesn't change the fact that dde played an amazing games and he didn't even know that he was playing on standard map ( he scouted the close position last).

ksan

Q8D3vil said:
i don't see any problem with that, gsl maps still have close position.
Yes, steppes of war was the best map ever and the gsl maps is an apt comparison.
Q8D3vil said:
doesn't change the fact that dde played an amazing games and he didn't even know that he was playing on standard map ( he scouted the close position last).
great edit, and what's playing "an amazing games"?
Because 2 raxing on that position against a 15 hatch is not amazing, on the other hand it'd be absolutely terrible to lose.

And yes, DDE played some other pretty damn good games throughout the tournament, if that's what you refer to.

Q8D3vil

ksan said:
Yes, steppes of war was the best map ever and the gsl maps is an apt comparison.

great edit, and what's playing "an amazing games"?
Because 2 raxing on that position against a 15 hatch
is not amazing, on the other hand it'd be absolutely terrible to lose.

And yes, DDE played some other pretty damn good games throughout the tournament, if that's what you refer to.

guess i was wrong about gsl, maybe they turned off close position in march of april because i remember watching some close position games (metal and shatter/lost temple).

i edited because i didn't want to write new post :|
what i mean about close position being ok is that it will favor terran of course (i'm talking about a map like metal and shattered not 1v1 map like steppes) but in the same time cross position in a map like taldarim and the other gsl huge maps totally favor zerg.

idra shouldn't be greedy and do 14 hatchery in the first place because we all know its a greedy build and zerg can win without it in a macro game.

i meant that dde played an amazing games against idra in the whole series, i'm yet to see any of his game in that tournament.

also, i love idra not gg even once plus bming, what an asshole.

edit: i know everyone will come after me after this, i'm a bronze player and i don't know how to play the game.

ksan

Q8D3vil said:
guess i was wrong about gsl, maybe they turned off close position in march of april because i remember watching some close position games (metal and shatter/lost temple).

i edited because i didn't want to write new post :|
what i mean about close position being ok is that it will favor terran of course (i'm talking about a map like metal and shattered not 1v1 map like steppes) but in the same time cross position in a map like taldarim and the other gsl huge maps totally favor zerg.

idra shouldn't be greedy and do 14 hatchery in the first place because we all know its a greedy build and zerg can win without it in a macro game.

i meant that dde played an amazing games against idra in the whole series, i'm yet to see any of his game in that tournament.

also, i love idra not gg even once plus bming, what an asshole.

edit: i know everyone will come after me after this, i'm a bronze player and i don't know how to play the game.
Good that you know that yourself, there's a high degree of correlation between your amazingly shitty posts and people telling you that you're wrong.

It's so fucking sad when people say that 14 hatch is greedy. Especially when you compare that to a 2 rax.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
but in the same time cross position in a map like taldarim and the other gsl huge maps totally favor zerg.
except that they don't and if they did they'd be gone just as quick.
terminus is the only zerg favoured map in sc2 and even then its slight.

@ksan: devils the type that does allin bunker pressure every game and calls any hatch first greedy, then wonders why he cant hang in the lategame after throwing away his army, econ lead and tech. bronzies gonna bronze.

hamchan

dde beat Idra?

Must be the work of sixjax coach, manager and captain Artosis.

*insert Artosis handgun here*

EDIT: I can't hotlink stuff from teamliquid and I cbb rehosting!

Q8D3vil said:
nah, to be truly successful bunker rush he must retreat with his army or do some serious eco/army damage.
jinro just killed the hatchery and waited in the bunker until the zerg took all of his units for free (he lost like 3-6 scv's and ton of marines).

Sorry i worded that wrong, i agree his rush today was poor. I mean in the past he was able to pull off some impressive early harass without taking such a significant econ/army hit.

It seems as though he has went from going for early pressure to get ahead in the late game to just trying to win straight up.

Watching game one of IdrA v DDE and have a question.; are Thors better against Mutas than Vikings? This is assuming marines are part of both army compositions.

cdyhybrid

Awesome Animals said:
Watching game one of IdrA v DDE and have a question.; are Thors better against Mutas than Vikings? This is assuming marines are part of both army compositions.

Yes. I believe Vikings get a bonus vs. Armored and Thors vs. Light? Plus Thors splash.

Q8D3vil

Awesome Animals said:
viking are very bad against muta.
thor is way better, as someone mentioned above, an army of thors is like the final boss.

getting 10 thor in tvz = terran deathball.

Holden

Awesome Animals said:

Both are pretty bad imo, marines is basicly the only solution to mutas cause vikings are bad vs mutas and thors dont do any splash cause of magic box.

Q8D3vil

Hugoboss21 said:
Both are pretty bad imo, marines is basicly the only solution to mutas cause vikings are bad vs mutas and thors dont do any splash cause of magic box.
u can't counter muta with thor unless you are going mech but thor is good for zoning out muta without wasting stim and medivac energy .

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
CyGVl.jpg

;)

Ashhong

Awesome Animals said:

Where are you watching it?

HolyCheck

Cyber sports has been doing team house clashes all week.. most of them without big names

in 10 minutes though, TSL house clash

B1KVL.png

http://justin.tv/cybersportsnetwork

group format

A: Killer, Alive, Rain, Revival
B: Trickster, Puma, JYP, Clide

first place from each group plays eachother in a best of 3

HolyCheck

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I can't help but not care since there is no FD. Go Puma, I guess?

GO CLIIIIDE

seltzerplease: FruitDealer actually wouldn't hav been able to make MLG columbus if he won, so he let his other teammates have a chance

won ki, so nice.

HolyCheck said:
GO CLIIIIDE

seltzerplease: FruitDealer actually wouldn't hav been able to make MLG columbus if he won, so he let his other teammates have a chance

won ki, so nice.

won ki my hero ♥

Edit: Cheering for SangHo and/or Puma here.

Edit 2: I thought Puma was a Terran?

HolyCheck

ShallNoiseUpon said:
won ki my hero ♥

Edit: Cheering for SangHo and/or Puma here.

Edit 2: I thought Puma was a Terran?

yeah i'm pretty sure he is, error in the image i think.

clide or sangho for me!

edit 1: and ki soo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom