• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

mescalineeyes said:
that's not necessarily true for forcefields though -- at least not when you play zerg.

If you have burrow movement roaches then sure, everything else you pretty much cant do anything.

Q8D3vil said:
its sheth not artosis.

Was Sheth playing under Artosis's name then? Either way it was a good game.

mescalineeyes said:
that's not necessarily true for forcefields though -- at least not when you play zerg.

Yes, but then again, forcefields are smashed by massive units, or dropping a tank on one (lol). Fungal has none of that.

Jeff-DSA

mescalineeyes said:
ZvZ is dumb as shit right now.

Fungals and Forcefields both need to go away in their current form.

They need to get rid of the root effect for both. Make forcefields cause an area where movement is slowed to like 25% or so. Have fungals deal the damage, but again, movement is decreased to 50% or something. Straight up stopping units in place is so busted as they can just stack 'em until you're dead.

Maybe fungal shouldn't pin down air units, but just damage them.

Jeff-DSA

Checking out the new trailers, it looks like Zerg is getting a jumping unit, called the Raptor. It's a Zergling mutation. Maybe this will work like the reaper and it can go up and down cliffs. That would be a HUGE improvement for Zerg as they could finally scout behind walls. I think this is an excellent addition if it makes it into multiplayer as long as it doesn't just nullify walling off against Zerg.

Jeff-DSA said:
Checking out the new trailers, it looks like Zerg is getting a jumping unit, called the Raptor. It's a Zergling mutation. Maybe this will work like the reaper and it can go up and down cliffs. That would be a HUGE improvement for Zerg as they could finally scout behind walls. I think this is an excellent addition if it makes it into multiplayer as long as it doesn't just nullify walling off against Zerg.
gaurabteed this is singleplayer only like the diamondback etc from wol campaign.

ultron87

Jeff-DSA said:

No way that'll make it into multiplayer as a Ling upgrade unless it is prohibitively expensive to produce them in mass quantities.

Jeff-DSA

ultron87 said:
No way that'll make it into multiplayer as a Ling upgrade unless it is prohibitively expensive to produce them in mass quantities.

They could require a long morph time or something. As a straight up ling upgrade, it would be broken. Either that or they could be extremely low HP to where drones/SCVs/probes could kill them in a one on one fight.

Q8D3vil

Jeff-DSA said:
They could require a long morph time or something. As a straight up ling upgrade, it would be broken. Either that or they could be extremely low HP to where drones/SCVs/probes could kill them in a one on one fight.
and terran will be able to snipe it with 2 marines like how they usually snipe the reaper if they know its coming.

the only solution imo is limiting the harass units so it will limit the option for terran to do harass against zerg or protoss ( and by that giving terran more fighting units and options end game).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So when is this game gonna decide to promote my cousin to a rank higher than gold?

He's played nine diamond players in a row, and I'm not fucking kidding. He's also won every single one of them, yet he's stuck in gold... what

Jeff-DSA

Yoshichan said:
So when is this game gonna decide to promote my cousin to a rank higher than gold?

He's played nine diamond players in a row, and I'm not fucking kidding. He's also won every single one of them, yet he's stuck in gold... what

Before getting out of Silver, I had a run of winning 14 out of 15 where EVERY player was either Gold or Platinum. Sometimes the game just gets stingy with you. When I went to Gold, however, I was top 10 in my league from the get go.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jeff-DSA said:
Before getting out of Silver, I had a run of winning 14 out of 15 where EVERY player was either Gold or Platinum. Sometimes the game just gets stingy with you. When I went to Gold, however, I was top 10 in my league from the get go.
We'll see how many this requires! Just beat a diamond zerg, 10th diamond in a row now...

Yoshichan

lol Jeff-DSA, you were right! He just got promoted to platinum rank 3... from gold rank 50 or something :lol

Q8D3vil

Hazaro said:
So gooood.

Then Minigun msgs Destiny.
"Hey I got revenge for you"

52 minute ZvZ on Shattered Temple. Pretty crazy and scrappy game. Infestors clearly imbalanced since they counter everything. ROOTDestiny vs ROOTWeWin.
wewin is catz
trying to get into gm because he offraced way too much on his main account.

Yoshichan said:

I think they are waiting for him to lose so they know how high to place him. These Diamond players may be progressively ranked higher, which means the plan on ranking him above them, but below the person he loses too. IDK, I could be wrong.

joelseph

Jeff-DSA said:

I went from Silver 1 to Gold 1 when they fixed the bug last week and now I am stuck at 1 again!

Deadly

Oh my fucking god have to rant. Started a game and then my mouse and keyboard totally went haywire. My mouse kept queuing and selecting things and I was stuck on talk to all and I couldn't eve press enter to explain what the fuck was going on. I paused but obviously without being able to say anything somebody unpaused. Fucking shit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Awesome Animals said:
I think they are waiting for him to lose so they know how high to place him. These Diamond players may be progressively ranked higher, which means the plan on ranking him above them, but below the person he loses too. IDK, I could be wrong.
Yeah. It wants to see your MMR balance out before promoting you. If you keep winning your MMR is not evening out. Eventually it will move you, win a bit more and he should be in Diamond.

I wish they would have made it so it requires players to "ready up" before loading ladder games, and boot them if they don't do so in 10 seconds.

Been doing 2v2s a lot, but getting burned at least 1 game out of 5 by allies that are AFK because they decided to take a piss or get a snack from the kitchen while in queue and come back 5 minutes after the game started.

BigAT

So I'm going with a fun little experiment tonight. I'm using one of my guest passes to see how high I can ladder with Zerg in the 7 hours it permits me (I'm a Diamond Terran player for those that are unaware). A few weeks ago I would probably classify my Zerg play as Silver at best, but I've actually been practicing with them a bit recently so I'm curious to see how it plays out on the 1v1 ladder. I think I'm going to tank my placement matches, mainly so I can say I fought my way from the bottom but also because it's fun to troll through Bronze. If you happen to see a player named "stax" in the GAF channel, that's me working my way up.

Zerg-GAF, about how many games do you guys think it will take before I develop the obnoxious victim complex that is mandatory for Zerg players?

V_Arnold

BigAT said:
So I'm going with a fun little experiment tonight. I'm using one of my guest passes to see how high I can ladder with Zerg in the 7 hours it permits me (I'm a Diamond Terran player for those that are unaware). A few weeks ago I would probably classify my Zerg play as Silver at best, but I've actually been practicing with them a bit recently so I'm curious to see how it plays out on the 1v1 ladder. I think I'm going to tank my placement matches, mainly so I can say I fought my way from the bottom but also because it's fun to troll through Bronze. If you happen to see a player named "stax" in the GAF channel, that's me working my way up.

Zerg-GAF, about how many games do you guys think it will take before I develop the obnoxious victim complex that is mandatory for Zerg players?

Do not you worry about that. The biggest issue with zerg now is ZVZ itself. You will be so happy to get crushed by the P/T-s that you wont complain a bit.

BigAT said:

Don't forget the unrivaled greed.

Corran Horn said:
Reminder, State of the Game tonight, drunk show. Last one with incontrol and last show for awhile while on break.

I'm going to commemorate the occasion by getting drunk myself!

And it won't be the last, I know it.

Why must it start so late!!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
bigAT wont get out of bronze. :p

diamond terran -> bronze zerg will be confirmed.

eJVva.gif

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Awesome Animals said:
I'm going to commemorate the occasion by getting drunk myself!

And it won't be the last, I know it.

Why must it start so late!!
Welcome to like every other day for me man. Drunk life for life.

Awesome Animals said:
Support this project!
http://kck.st/lWunwR

My life was once a drunken mess. And then I managed to graduate. :(

Seriously, I spent more time drunk in class than sober in my last semester. That isn't a good thing now that I think about it.

I love it. I'm definitely going to give some money to it when I get paid.

Also, there's nothing wrong with Tuesday worknight drinking. Is there?

ksan

BigAT said:

If you make through the placement matches without getting that feeling you're obviously not fit for zerg and should stop playing. So don't tank them, use them properly.

Yoshichan

Wait a second here... can you get downranked from Masters if you don't play at all?

BigAT

Pandaman said:
bigAT wont get out of bronze. :p

diamond terran -> bronze zerg will be confirmed.

http://i.imgur.com/eJVva.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
NOW DON'T YOU FEEL STUPID:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9O6gu.jpg

I've opened up 10-0 so far against Bronze through Gold. Playing against Bronze is nice as it opens me up to new strategies that I can use that I might not have otherwise thought of on my own. Like the Terran that went double gas->Engineering Bay->Planetary Fortress all before getting his first Barracks.

Yoshichan

2v2 Diamond is so fun... Spamming roach/marine all day long ♥

YGC1x.jpg

Rubashov

BigAT said:
I've opened up 10-0 so far against Bronze through Gold. Playing against Bronze is nice as it opens me up to new strategies that I can use that I might not have otherwise thought of on my own. Like the Terran that went double gas->Engineering Bay->Planetary Fortress all before getting his first Barracks.
Aw man. That makes me sad that I missed Bronze the first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom