• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

ultron87 said:
Did something happen beyond his general slump in quality of play?
nah, idra pretty much hit the spot.
jinro was ahead of the curve because of his macro play but now everyone is a macro player.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jinro will always be full of ♥ though.

Awesome Animals said:
I'm really excited for myself. Watch the replay to see how good I did!!

Also, any thoughts on my play in general is always appreciated!

I thought you did ok but there are a few things you can really improve on.

First of all your macro just stopped completely when he tried to put a hatch in your base. You stopped scv production and your barracks stopped building regularly. You also went for a reactor whilst 6 lings were building in your base and this cost you big time.

Then when your minerals built up and he kept attacking you queued up 4 marines from a barracks with a tech lab whilst the one with the reactor had nothing building.

After the early pressure wore off i thought you did pretty well. You got way more scv's then he got drones. One thing i will say is that it is ok to sometimes queue scv's or marines up. Your macro often slipped because you didn't start building units/scv's quick enough. Sometimes its ok to queue up a marine or scv a little early.

I think you should try and get a few more barracks as well. You wore constantly floating 1000 minerals which could easily have been turned into marines.

The only other thing i can comment on is the push. You puhed out with a fairly small army and you really moved up quickly. If the zerg had any creep spread or any banelings he would have crushed you. You also left your siege tanks behind in the final engagment. They were sitting too far back and the fight was over before they got off any shots.

I think you should try and force the zerg into your siege tanks rather than walking ahead and engaging without them.

How do you normally pressure a zerg? This game it was difficult because of his cheesy opening but im wondering what you usually do. You really have to do some sort of pressure to the zerg or they can just drone up like a mad man.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
didn't u used to be against jinro and you always said that he was an overrated player >_>
You're starting to get it ;)

Jeff-DSA

I know everybody is watching State of the Game (I save it for work the next day), but did you guys catch that Huk v. IMMvp replay? It's on sc2casts.com and it's a great match. Huk does some neat stuff by putting HTs in warp prisms and flying them around to the back of engagements, dropping, and storming. Smart play.

Jeff-DSA said:
I know everybody is watching State of the Game (I save it for work the next day), but did you guys catch that Huk v. IMMvp replay? It's on sc2casts.com and it's a great match. Huk does some neat stuff by putting HTs in warp prisms and flying them around to the back of engagements, dropping, and storming. Smart play.
Yeah I saw an epic game he had against Ryung where he did alot of speed prism templars.

Q8D3vil

Jeff-DSA said:
i watched the game were mvp play zerg then just toy with huk the whole game :p

Mairu

Corran Horn said:
Xsplit is going to cost money soon...Fuuuuuuuuuuu
I have nothing wrong with them wanting a cut out of the money that's being generated through streaming. It sucks for casual streamers, but there are still free alternatives out there. The price seems fairly affordable as well outside of being a yearly subscription instead of a one-time purchase.

Q8D3vil

leah: what do you think about the word rape
destiny: i think its great

destiny should replace incontrol.
boom problem solved !!!

Mairu

Q8D3vil said:
leah: what do you think about the word rape
destiny: i think its great

destiny should replace incontrol.
boom problem solved !!!
This discussion is so pointless :(

Go back to talking about starcraft or something relevant D:

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
They are going around in circles. You casting a big tournament with thousands of dollars in sponsors...watch your god damn language. There....solved.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
PhoenixDark said:
I had to turn it off awhile ago. What's this I hear about racial slurs on twitter?
They were talking about the language of people within the community. Terms like rape etc

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Corran Horn said:
Xsplit is going to cost money soon...Fuuuuuuuuuuu
ffffffffffffffffff

Justin's streaming thing is shit. Livestream is shit (and quality is shit).
And Ustream's broadcaster also sucks.

FMLE resource hog.

Haunted

CombatEx is a terrible human being. Cheating by stream watching while playing good players, being excessively bm (from insults to racism) to everyone he meets on ladder, I'm very surprised his Blizzard account hasn't been banned yet for such continuously poor behaviour.

Just a stain on the community. :/

Q8D3vil said:
switching back to trump stream.
he is still trying to figure out tvp :(
go back to sotg
Trump is definitely one of my favourite streamers.

Manner, dry humour and lots of mech turtling (= lategame).

edit: I think there are free alternatives out to XSplit so I don't see the big problem with it costing money in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom