• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdventureRacing said:
I thought you did ok but there are a few things you can really improve on.

First of all your macro just stopped completely when he tried to put a hatch in your base. You stopped scv production and your barracks stopped building regularly. You also went for a reactor whilst 6 lings were building in your base and this cost you big time.

Then when your minerals built up and he kept attacking you queued up 4 marines from a barracks with a tech lab whilst the one with the reactor had nothing building.

Yea, I wasn't really sure how to handle it, so I was doing what I could to fend off while trying not to overly disrupt my build. Then the chaos and my unfamiliarity of this rush threw me off of everything.

AdventureRacing said:
The only other thing i can comment on is the push. You puhed out with a fairly small army and you really moved up quickly. If the zerg had any creep spread or any banelings he would have crushed you. You also left your siege tanks behind in the final engagment. They were sitting too far back and the fight was over before they got off any shots.

I think you should try and force the zerg into your siege tanks rather than walking ahead and engaging without them.

How do you normally pressure a zerg? This game it was difficult because of his cheesy opening but im wondering what you usually do. You really have to do some sort of pressure to the zerg or they can just drone up like a mad man.

Normally, I do try and force the zergs into my tanks (and I didn't build enough tanks) but when I engaged, and he really didn't have much, I just pushed too hard. Additionally when I went from natrual to main, I knew he was down so much in army that it wasn't going to make a big difference with positioning.

As far as pressure, I don't normally do anything (which may explain my terrible TvZ record). Should I try a timing push after stim? Should I wait for stim + concussive?

Corran Horn said:
Watch your language there bub

uE4J6.jpg

Haunted

Someone named salsashark getting a lesson on Destiny's stream right now.

Is that our NeoGAF salsashark? Or is the Clerks reference so common?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Haunted said:
Someone named salsashark getting a lesson on Destiny's stream right now.

Is that our NeoGAF salsashark? Or is the Clerks reference so common?

Wasjust about to jump in and watch.. then i saw oGsTheWind is streaming :D

BigAT

Has anyone else seen this exploit before on Backwater Gulch?

http://imgur.com/a/iCHtN

As soon as I moved my Drones over to attack his Probe, the Probe glitched down off the cliff and became completely unattackable. I was kind of able to get a Drone next to his probe (see pic #2), but even then I wasn't able to attack it. His positioning before I moved over seemed far too intentional for this to have been some accidental glitch.

Haunted

TheWind's been streaming for 5+ hours now.

At least he was already live when I checked earlier.

BigAT said:
Has anyone else seen this exploit before on Backwater Gulch?

http://imgur.com/a/iCHtN

As soon as I moved my Drones over to attack his Probe, the Probe glitched down off the cliff and became completely unattackable. I was kind of able to get a Drone next to his probe (see pic #2), but even then I wasn't able to attack it. His positioning before I moved over seemed far too intentional for this to have been some accidental glitch.
Can the probe get back up the cliff again?

Reminds me of that bug on Scrap Station that had units walk/float around in outer space.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaNxaSWORh8

jasonng

MrMister said:
I may or may not show up at this weeks SCII night. BigAT can make the post again if he wants.
Fuck that.

lOAXv.png

This weeks marks the 26th week of Gaf Night. I've said this before but to repeat, that means we've been doing Gaf Nights for HALF A YEAR now. Let's reminisce on favorite and embarrassing moments as we make new ones
in gif form
. So get on board with us and let's celebrate the occasion the way we always do: playing matches and trash talking.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>

<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Star Battle>
<City of Tempest>
<Mafia>
<MineralZ>

Mumble + Stream
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

It's obvious that we've been losing steam to get together for Gaf Nights. Understandable, we have been doing this for a while. But let's prove to the rest of Gaf that we're a more tight knit group than the rest (I see you HoN Gaf). More info on the Summer Invitational Tournament when MrMr is not being busy getting banned.

Spl1nter

jasonng said:
This weeks marks the 26th week of Gaf Night. I've said this before but to repeat, that means we've been doing Gaf Nights for HALF A YEAR now. Let's reminisce on favorite and embarrassing moments as we make new ones in gif form. So get on board with us and let's celebrate the occasion the way we always do: playing matches and trash talking.

Meh

I'll try to make it tonight. Horrible games today. I've been playing custom games to get back in shape, and every Terran I ran into today was Masters. Kept losing to Marine pressures. I'd hold off the bunker rush, then a few minutes later whoops bunch of marines and not enough banelings. Played one guy who dropped the shit out of me with Helions, Marines, etc then went Banshee

Two Toss I played...smh. I was on the verge of beating both their asses when I DC'd. ZvZs were pretty easy

Speaking of which, Destiny on the "unbeatable" ZvZ strat
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=224227

Later in the thread MrBitter rains on the parade, and for good reason. That build can be easily countered if scouted. The general concept of it is sound, in terms of Roach/Ling=win. But there's no need to expand at 30something food; it just gives the opponent more time to mass up. I prefer a variation, just with 5 roach rush+ling support. No build is unbeatable, but I rarely lose using it on maps like Xel'Naga, Shattered Temple, etc.

I'll be on around 11-11:30 EST when I get off work.

I usually don't attend because by the time I get online everyone is in-game for the next hour or two and then start doing customs which I don't like.

MLG Columbus is this weekend, this will be the first event of this sort I have ever attended. Should be fun.

DurielBlack said:
I'll be on around 11-11:30 EST when I get off work.

I usually don't attend because by the time I get online everyone is in-game for the next hour or two and then start doing customs which I don't like.

MLG Columbus is this weekend, this will be the first event of this sort I have ever attended. Should be fun.

I wish I could go, but I have other committments. Do you live close to C-Bus?

Awesome Animals said:
I wish I could go, but I have other committments. Do you live close to C-Bus?

I work in Columbus, and live just a little south of Lancaster (about 45 minutes away) Also I think the Arts Festival is going on the same weekend.

WedgeX

Banned
GAF Night!

Be here!

Get on mumble!

Get on the chat channel!

Play some games!

Or watch Corran's stream.

Or watch some games!

hoverX

jasonng said:
lOAXv.png

This weeks marks the 26th week of Gaf Night. I've said this before but to repeat, that means we've been doing Gaf Nights for HALF A YEAR now. Let's reminisce on favorite and embarrassing moments as we make new ones
in gif form
. So get on board with us and let's celebrate the occasion the way we always do: playing matches and trash talking.

It's obvious that we've been losing steam to get together for Gaf Nights. Understandable, we have been doing this for a while. But let's prove to the rest of Gaf that we're a more tight knit group than the rest (I see you HoN Gaf). More info on the Summer Invitational Tournament when MrMr is not being busy getting banned.

Have been a lurker on SC GAF for a while. Still not very good either. Once my interview process is over at work i'd be totally into this.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Awesome Animals said:
I'm excited for GAF night.

Anyone else with access to GSL Super watch the Bomber NesTea match? I've only watched game 1 but it has been great thus far.

FYI bomber nestea games were the most boring games of the night.. you owe it to yourself to watch all the others

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
HolyCheck said:
FYI bomber nestea games were the most boring games of the night.. you owe it to yourself to watch all the others
I fell asleep when game 1 started and woke up 5 hours later when the stream was ending. Was like wtf its still going on??? lol

Deadly

Startale Bomber has missed his flight to MLG Columbus and will not be participating. #MLG @MLGLee is working on it

Well this sucks.

For those who played/play BW, is Destination considered a good map? I mean, today, players would probably veto it if it was on the ladder, with the paths behind the natural expansions and all the chokes.

GKJVk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom