• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Last night was hilarious. My friend and I were playing 2v2s and we were going against a double Protoss team. All four of us were rolling with 200/200 armies (or darn near it) and were coming together near their bases for a big clash. I brought my ghosts in from the side as the battle was about to start, and I saw two groups of High Templars moving forward. I dropped some EMPs on both groups, and immediately one of the two players quit. I must have demoralized him. He didn't even stick around to watch the battle.

The other guy actually did really well without him, but you're kinda screwed when a teammate rage quits on you.

BigAT

mmbCQ.jpg

Yay.

syllogism

PhoenixDark said:
She interviews pro gamers iirc. Are you sure it's his gf?
It says so right there

"To everyone who's been asking, yes, I just met @idrajit's gf - and she's SO beautiful!""

The one on right is Anna prosser

Jeff-DSA

Zerg really has been buffed up quite a lot. They still have scouting issues, but if they can get to the late game, I really think they're the strongest race by a significant margin. As a Terran, I hate nothing more than trying to deal with Brood Lords and Infestors at the same time.

Birdman02 said:
I know how you feel...probably even worse! I'll hit 30 in 2 months. :(

Does that make me one of, if not, the oldest member of SC2 GAF?

I think Wedge is past 30...but I could be way off. It is hard to keep track of what's going on in Mumble, especially because of my narcisstic tendencies.

zlatko said:
<- 23. Backwards world.

Same!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Awesome Animals said:
I think Wedge is past 30...but I could be way off. It is hard to keep track of what's going on in Mumble, especially because of my narcisstic tendencies.

Same!

same same!

Birdman02 said:

I'm 31.

Nobody liked my Star Craft Hero lyrics :-( Guess it shows my age.

cdyhybrid

!!!

Decided to play a few ladder games and give my new Hydra portrait a few test runs before MLG...and this happened!

n3uof7.jpg

I believe in miracles now.

Jeff-DSA

cdyhybrid said:
!!!

Decided to play a few ladder games and give my new Hydra portrait a few test runs before MLG...and this happened!

I believe in miracles now.

Congrats. It always feels nice to see that pop up.

Jeff-DSA

Awesome Animals said:
Seeing the Halo and COD QQing makes me smile
QQ is an exaggeration I suppose. Don't ruin my fun.

I'm really not into watching guys circle strafe and jump around. I can't see why anybody would want to spectate competitive FPS games. Fighting games and RTS are awesome, but shooters? Blah.

Jeff-DSA said:
I'm really not into watching guys circle strafe and jump around. I can't see why anybody would want to spectate competitive FPS games. Fighting games and RTS are awesome, but shooters? Blah.

I kinda of agree. I'm not suggesting FPS games are any less competitive, but as a specatator sport they are really hard to watch for me. RTS games have that nice 3-rd person view of the action, and I think the type of game is just more interesting to watch, and has a better "flow" of the action than shooters, being 1 vs 1 rather and 4v4+ has a lot to do with it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow you're all old... why am I hanging out with you guys :(

Yoshichan said:
Wow you're all old... why am I hanging out with you guys :(

Because we are all kids at heart. I know I am...I do stupid childish things all the time, and I find it hard to consider myself a professional and employed member of society.

ksan

Jeff-DSA said:
I'm really not into watching guys circle strafe and jump around. I can't see why anybody would want to spectate competitive console FPS games. Fighting games and RTS are awesome, but shooters? Blah.
Fixed.
Seeing toxjq play is about as amazing as it gets imo.

WedgeX

Banned
Awesome Animals said:

Okay now I feel old. Got dang.

DurielBlack said:
I'm 31.

Nobody liked my Star Craft Hero lyrics :-( Guess it shows my age.
I like, nay love the song.... Seen Foreigner many times in concert and they probably have the best greatest hits album of anyone ever.
I just hate anything starcraft parody related... sorry!

twofold

Was walking round the streets of Chiang Mai, a town in the north of Thailand, last night when I saw someone playing SC2 in an internet cafe. I went over to check the guy out - he was pretty bad, but he was playing on a Korean account. So, I taught that random Thai guy Trump's 3 rax build and he went from playing Bronze players to playing Silver/Gold. Awesome.

Incidentally - even at that low level, the Korean players are better. I swear that the people in the Korean low leagues can macro better than people in high Diamond/low Masters on EU. They build so much stuff. Great mechanics but poor strategy.

Gonna head back there tonight and see if I can try laddering as Zerg. Should be fun!

kmc

Birdman02 said:

35. I am probably the oldest. ha

WedgeX

Banned
Birdman02 said:
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x274/B1rdman02/Gold-1.jpg

Oh Happy Day!!!

Both times I've been promoted have been after my opponent left/disconnected.

Grats birdman!

I am so very rusty, and after only 2 or three weeks off. Blargh.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sigh. Don't know if I should even be posting this (who cares, anyway?) but I kinda feel that I have to.

Serious shit just happened in my life and I won't be able to be as active on GAF/Bnet because of this bullshit. Again, no idea why I'm posting this - probably should've made a thread on OT about it... but yeah, later guys. Love ya'll.

jasonng

7 losses in a row on ladder. I've gotten better compared to last season yet I'm still hitting the same ceiling; I can't get past top gold. I see all of the mistakes I make and I'm adapting to a better and more refined mechanic play, but there are still so many strategies I need to learn to counter against and it's frustrating that I can't seem to learn fast enough. I'm starting to think I'm never going to get any better than this and thinking that would completely turn me away from this game.

Fuck, maybe it's time I start playing HoN.

EDIT: Just got a pity win from bnet by some troll who 6 pooled and didn't want to leave. That's even more insulting than another loss.

BigAT

jasonng said:
7 losses in a row on ladder. I've gotten better compared to last season yet I'm still hitting the same ceiling; I can't get past top gold. I see all of the mistakes I make and I'm adapting to a better and more refined mechanic play, but there are still so many strategies I need to learn to counter against and it's frustrating that I can't seem to learn fast enough. I'm starting to think I'm never going to get any better than this and thinking that would completely turn me away from this game.

Step off that ledge!

Aylinato

jasonng said:

what i find helpful is first i have a normal opening i do (like the first buildings, such as pool and hatches for you)

then the next part is I scout to see what they are building/teching to (looking for if they go higher or lower tech units)

if I see low tech units I expand/make an aggresive expo build into a defensive build that i use to hold down my fort

if I see high tech I try to pressure as much as possible, keeping them on one base is KEY for when they tech up

next step is just build some(not a ton) of stuff to counter those things, and then to contain them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom