• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

Aylinato said:
what i find helpful is first i have a normal opening i do (like the first buildings, such as pool and hatches for you)

then the next part is I scout to see what they are building/teching to (looking for if they go higher or lower tech units)

if I see low tech units I expand/make an aggresive expo build into a defensive build that i use to hold down my fort

if I see high tech I try to pressure as much as possible, keeping them on one base is KEY for when they tech up

next step is just build some(not a ton) of stuff to counter those things, and then to contain them
It's not that I'm super bad, I know my basics. I have my go to build order for each matchup. I scout, I adapt to my opponent but with so many different strats I can't just abandon all the things I learned just for one strategy.

Here's an example: pvz on shattered temple with close ground positions. Great, already at a disadvantage. He goes for a 1 gateway into very early robo into colossi tech, all one base. I have always learned to sac an overlord around the 6:30 mark and here I saw his robo and colossi tech already done and I had just planted my roach warren. I already lost at that point. so when I saw him push out with 2 colossi and stalkers, I asked him how was I suppose to defend against that and he was kind enough to tell me that I should've roach rush him. Huh? I don't roach rush because if he 4gates I lose. So he then tells me I should've scouted earlier. Why would I even do that? It's very taxing on me to sacrifice that 100 minerals and another to make another one while I'm still trying to get my economy going. What the hell am I suppose to do now to improve for future games? Now I have to sacrifice that overlord even earlier for every pvz match now?

If I know where to improve on, it wouldn't be so frustrating. It's matches like those though that just overwhelms me and makes me question my mechanics as a whole. If I change my strategy for that one particular match, then I have to worry if what I'm changing is better overall. As in, if the changes I'm adapting are viable for against other strats. I don't know if I'm making sense but meh, whatever.

twofold

Why are you saccing at 6:30? That's far too late. 4:30 allows you to send the overlord in when there's only one stalker/one sentry which, along with ling pokes at the front, should allow you to have a good idea of what he's doing. Most of the time, you can pull the Overlord back without it dying.

Edit - Also, you should have known that something was up when the expansion wasn't going up and there weren't a ton of Sentries out. What is he spending his minerals on? What is he spending his gas on? That should have been enough information for you to start cutting drones and producing units.

You are just putting too much weight on your 7 loss streak and seeing everything through those tear-soaked lenses. You were playing below your real MMR for a while for whatever reasons is all. Play some more games until you get back in form and things will make sense again.

zoukka

Idraaaaaaa you monster!

EDIT: Idra vs MC this is one of the most entertaining set of games I've seen so fucking intense.

rocK`

Banned
Hey guys,

silver toss player here looking for any guides / tutorials on how to handle PvZ/PvT. I can hold my own on PvP, but I suck at the deathball apparently :(

Q8D3vil

mescalineeyes said:
wtf, why not, that would put an end to zerg bitching for quite some time ;)

it never ends.
lol, i'm ok with losira and july winning but not idra.
because in the end he will say that the other players were bad and the game is still broken.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
YO JASON, i know its awk bro, but zerg is STRONG. SWARM SOME FOOLS, just get some time on the clock with me bro. think different, think zerg!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Awesome Animals said:
Hey all, I'm heading down to Columbus now, but wanted to give you all a heads up. I'm going to try to get some videos or stream going through my iPhone; we'll see how it goes.

Here is my j.tv account:

http://www.justin.tv/awesomeanimals

I'll make sure to let you know when I go live!!

have a blast :) I'll quote this in the MLG thread to save u the time :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is that the giraffe?

Deadman

They just need to use drops, multi pronged harrass, nydus worms. You cant expect to engage a 200/200 zerg army and just win.

lolol

No but seriously just make some ghosts.

V_Arnold

Deadman said:
They just need to use drops, multi pronged harrass, nydus worms. You cant expect to engage a 200/200 zerg army and just win.

lolol

No but seriously just make some ghosts.

Really, it is insane that a terran dares to whine when he has a CLOAKED aoe-caster killer unit in its deposal. Zergs really are forced to use everything in their arsenals in TVZ except hydra, while Terrans do not touch their battlecruiser, Viking (to a certain extent), ghost branches completely. That, imho is a huge mistake.

Jeff-DSA

V_Arnold said:
Really, it is insane that a terran dares to whine when he has a CLOAKED aoe-caster killer unit in its deposal. Zergs really are forced to use everything in their arsenals in TVZ except hydra, while Terrans do not touch their battlecruiser, Viking (to a certain extent), ghost branches completely. That, imho is a huge mistake.

You mean an AOE caster that can only sap energy rather than decimate large balls of units? That one?

Let's not kid ourselves. The Infestor is far and away the best AOE unit in the game.

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:

terran can't change their tech path midgame, its how the race works, you need to have a plan on what to get and upgrade from he beginning.

i'm sure tvz will evolve, but we just need a little buff to help deal wth the mass muta harass which will happen eventually, i'm sure of that.

cdyhybrid

Jeff-DSA said:
You mean an AOE caster that can only sap energy rather than decimate large balls of units? That one?

Let's not kid ourselves. The Infestor is far and away the best AOE unit in the game.

Snipe is pretty good :)

Jeff-DSA said:

No, he means the AOE caster that makes your infestors useless.

V_Arnold

StopMakingSense said:

Stop Making Sense! Who the fuck wants a 100/100 unit who can take out the usage of 5-6 150 gas unit alone? Huh? NO ONE! :D

Q8D3vil said:
terran can't change their tech path midgame, its how the race works, you need to have a plan on what to get and upgrade from he beginning.

i'm sure tvz will evolve, but we just need a little buff to help deal wth the mass muta harass which will happen eventually, i'm sure of that.

Mass muta harass? Devil.... :(

Jeff-DSA

Q8D3vil said:

It's true. Like I was saying last night. Terran gets to a tipping point in TvZ that if they get behind they can't tech change to catch up. They just have to hope that Zerg makes a mistake. Terran has a real tough time in that matchup right now due to the inability of the mech units.

I don't think Zerg is overpowered, because Terran can do some stuff to keep Zerg from overrunning them, but with the larger maps that are almost always being chosen, it's real hard to keep Zerg from just dominating the map with muta play. From there it's easy for Zerg to win the macro game and get into their Infestor/Brood Lord combo which is near impossible to deal with.

StopMakingSense said:

It still does nothing for trying to deal with the mutas. What are you supposed to do about those on these larger maps? Don't say Thors, because you can't realistically get enough Thors out to cover such large maps while still getting enough Ghosts out. It's a tough deal for Terran on these big maps.

BigAT

V_Arnold said:
You do realize Zerg also has a cloaked AOE caster unit...right?

Battlecruisers are useless in TvZ (and frequently are in general) and Vikings are awful in numbers aside from Broodlords. There's a reason they basically go untouched in TvZ.

I don't think TvZ is imbalanced for either side, but at the same time I don't know what you're bitching about either.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:

will never happen.

BigAT said:
Battlecruisers are useless in TvZ (and frequently are in general)
nope.

V_Arnold

BigAT said:
You do realize Zerg also has a cloaked AOE caster unit...right?

Battlecruisers are useless in TvZ (and frequently are in general) and Vikings are awful in numbers aside from Broodlords. There's a reason they basically go untouched in TvZ.

I don't think TvZ is imbalanced for either side, but at the same time I don't know what you're bitching about either.

Dude, at least take the time to see what I am reactiong to. I am the one bitching? Wow.

BigAT

V_Arnold said:
Dude, at least take the time to see what I am reactiong to. I am the one bitching? Wow.
You reacted to Chronicle saying Zerg need to be nerfed, then started complaining about Ghosts without even knowing how much they actually cost:

V_Arnold said:
Stop Making Sense! Who the fuck wants a 100/100 unit who can take out the usage of 5-6 150 gas unit alone? Huh? NO ONE! :D

V_Arnold

BigAT said:
You reacted to Chronicle saying Zerg need to be nerfed, then started complaining about Ghosts without even knowing how much they actually cost:

No, actually I reacted to Devil, did not even say anything to Chronicle.
Then again, did I complain about Ghost? Nope, I was saying Terrans are not even using them against mass infestors. What is the complain in that quote? Get a sarcasm detector now, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom