• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome Animals said:
Do you think Spectator passes for MLG will be available on Saturday? I really want to check it out but still not sure if I can make it, and wouldn't be able to make it until Saturday afternoon regardless. Conundrum!!

No idea, I ordered my pass a couple weeks ago. This is the first such event I will be attending.

I wouldn't see why there wouldn't be however.

BigAT

I finished up my trial as Zerg late this afternoon. It cut me off while I was in Gold, although I'm positive I would have been promoted to at least Platinum if I had more time or hadn't started in Bronze, as I was getting put against nothing but Plats with the occasional Diamond at the end and still winning at a decent pace.

So I'm happy with my progress. My army composition choices could probably use some work at times, but I'm alright with that. I think I'm comfortable enough that I'm going to start playing Zerg on ladder a bit on my actual account. I'm not obsessed with my actual rank and I'm confident enough with my ability I'll be able to stay Diamond with them.

TERRAN AND PROTOSS SO FUCKING IMBALANCED WTF WTF WTF

hamchan

Corran Horn said:
Ughnnnnnn Metal Gear bundle, help me sc2 gaf, i may never want to go back to sc2 after those games come out.

Those games will only take you a few weeks/months to finish. SC2 lasts forever! (until SC3 comes out).

ultron87

Corran Horn said:
Ughnnnnnn Metal Gear bundle, help me sc2 gaf, i may never want to go back to sc2 after those games come out.

Heart of the Swarm will come out like 3 or 4 months after those (believe!). You'll be back.

Waiting in the queue, with his head hung low
Couldn't get a win, he was just too slow
Heard the roar of the crowd, he could picture the scene
Put his ear to the wall, then like a distant scream
He made one Templar, just blew him away
He saw stars in his eyes, and the very next day

Bought a beat up six-core, in a secondhand store
Didn't know how to play it, but he knew for sure
That one Templar, felt good in his hands, didn't take long, to understand
Just one Templar, warped way down low
Was a one way ticket, only one way to go
So he started clickin', ain't never gonna stop
Gotta keep on clickin', someday gonna make it to the top

And be a Star Craft hero, got stars in his eyes, he's a Star Craft hero
He took one Templar, Star Craft hero, stars in his eyes
Star Craft hero, (stars in his eyes) He'll come alive tonight

On a map without a name, in a all-out war
Thought he put a pylon, by the back door
Like a trip through the past, to that day in the rain
And that one Templar, made his whole game change
Now he needs to keep on clickin', he just can't stop
Gotta keep on clickin', that boy has got to stay on top

And be a Star Craft hero, got stars in his eyes
He's a Star Craft hero, got stars in his eyes
Yeah, Star Craft hero, stars in his eyes
With that one Templar, (stars in his eyes)
He'll come alive, come alive tonight...Woah

Yeah, he's gotta keep on clickin', just can't stop
Gotta keep on clickin', that boy has got to stay on top

And be a Star Craft hero, got stars in his eyes
He's a Star Craft hero, got stars in his eyes
(Just one Templar) Star Craft hero, (aah aah aaah) got stars in his eyes
He's just a Star Craft hero, aah aah aaah
Star Craft (stars) hero, (stars, stars) Star Craft hero, (stars, stars)
He's got stars in his eyes, stars in his eyes

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
nothing beats playing a casual game and realizing you're losing and then going full try hard mode to tear the guy apart.

tgobq.jpg

Dat feel.

Tntnnbltn

Speaking of hotkeys, I'm thinking of switching Stalkers to E and Sentries to R. I've got then the other way around, but I build Stalkers far more frequently than Stalkers, and it's so saddening when I do TAB-Q-E instead of TAB-Q-R and end up with a whole round of sentries. :(

Ashhong

Tntnnbltn said:
Speaking of hotkeys, I'm thinking of switching Stalkers to E and Sentries to R. I've got then the other way around, but I build Stalkers far more frequently than Stalkers, and it's so saddening when I do TAB-Q-E instead of TAB-Q-R and end up with a whole round of sentries. :(

what the heck does TAB+Q do?

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
hazard explained it pretty well.

I watched the videos, but I don't remember Hazard's explanation I don't think, unless it was just saying you're retarded or something along those lines?

Really though---what's the serious answer to why you would handicap yourself this long into the game? Wouldn't you have better results with hot keys and be able to push yourself to the next level i.e Grand Master? :O

Q8D3vil

lost so many games today trying new builds in tvp and tvt.
marine banshee tank is pretty good in tvp unless ur opponent go dts and u get banshee before raven :(

need to work on some new builds for tvt, i may try mech build.

i need to work on my midgame tvz too :/

Q8D3vil said:
lost so many games today trying new builds in tvp and tvt.
marine banshee tank is pretty good in tvp unless ur opponent go dts and u get banshee before raven :(

need to work on some new builds for tvt, i may try mech build.

i need to work on my midgame tvz too :/

lets work on it right now.

Tntnnbltn

Ashhong said:
Wait, reinforcing pylon? So tab goes to...the closest pylon to ur army or something? Never knew of this hotkey
Custom hotkey setup. I've tied one of the 'Jump to Location' functions to the tab key.

LDsqR.png

When you build a forward pylon, just go Ctrl-Tab to save it's location and then Tab to go back for warping in more units.

This is what my hotkeys look like currently...

• Warpgates and production:
JiXzj.png

• Robotic facilities and production:
JAj3b.png

• Stargates and production:
p6NyR.png

That leaves the usual 'number' control groups for army, nexus and forge.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
I watched the videos, but I don't remember Hazard's explanation I don't think, unless it was just saying you're retarded or something along those lines?

Really though---what's the serious answer to why you would handicap yourself this long into the game? Wouldn't you have better results with hot keys and be able to push yourself to the next level i.e Grand Master? :O
im lazy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Congrats on your birthday Yoshichan!

Thank you GAF :D

well that's not nice.

no one congratulated me on my birthday or when I took out that insanely hot girl on a date and asked her if she liked horses and she still made out with me.

fucking bullshit.

*flips table*
*walks away*

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
mescalineeyes said:
well that's not nice.

no one congratulated me on my birthday or when I took out that insanely hot girl on a date and asked her if she liked horses and she still made out with me.

fucking bullshit.

*flips table*
*walks away*
citizen_cane.gif

mescalineeyes said:
well that's not nice.

fucking bullshit.

*flips table*
*walks away*
but what about our love?

:(

*pushes magazine rack over*

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
well that's not nice.

fucking bullshit.

*flips table*
*walks away*
0R5MX.gif

zlatko

Banned
mescalineeyes said:
well that's not nice.

fucking bullshit.

*flips table*
*walks away*

Pics or else I assume she wasn't real.

Happy Bday Yoshi. May you forever save me when I post banned memes without realizing it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Awesome Animals said:
Happy Birthday Yoshichan! And how many years is this for you?
Thank you all :D! This is my 21st year of celebration!
zlatko said:
Happy Bday Yoshi. May you forever save me when I post banned memes without realizing it.
♥ That is my job!

What do I want as a birthday present? I want Foxer on my lap this month. It shall happen!

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Thank you all :D! This is my 21st year of celebration!

♥ That is my job!

What do I want as a birthday present? I want Foxer on my lap this month. It shall happen!

How can he sit with you "poking" him the whole time ?

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
How can he sit with you "poking" him the whole time ?
<3 <3 <3 Butterflies in my stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom