• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mcrae said:
how did you not flank with lings at that first big engagement

how did you m move your roaches into his army from behind

then how did you win

lucky bastard
didnt think he'd sit down there.
they were rallied from eggs.
im panda.

haz commentary in game 3 really sells everything. so pro.

zlatko

Banned
:( This game makes me the biggest bitch on the planet. I rage too hard... it isn't healthy. I'm not on Yoshi level of break stuff, that ain't my style, but my QQ goes up 9000 degrees and my opponent always gets a keyboard full.

; ; If only Battlenet would stop giving me 30000 ZvZ's in a row. It's my worst match up and no matter what I do I lose. Hatch first? Lose. Cheese? Lose. Macro up and play defensive? Lose. Banelings? Lose. Lings? Lose. No matter which I try I get trololololed. I think my win/loss is for every 1 win in ZvZ I lose 20.... no joke.

I'm going to have to learn that destiny build that jasongg was talking about.

I got super flustered tonight that I just played P for a couple games. Won the majority I think, but got bored quick. :p

Anyone have a solid go to build for ZvZ that they rely on and win the majority of their ZvZs with?

zlatko said:
Anyone have a solid go to build for ZvZ that they rely on and win the majority of their ZvZs with?

15 hatch 16 pool directly into roach warren on maps with 4 spawns/small chokes at the natural.

other than that either destiny's build or speedling expand (with the option of going into banelings if your opponent is doing anything too greedy.

zoukka

Dunnolol zvz is not that hard if you scout and just trust your skill. Getting speed and a baneling nest is good if you don't have great scouting info. A few banelings will save you from mass ling builds. Then just expand and roach.

And why did I feel like Artosis was playing on Panda's account when I watched those games :b Good stuff guys.

EDIT: Mescaline tell what's the Destiny build? I hate that guy.

jasonng

zoukka said:
Ah an all-in build. Meh.
Not an all in either. It leaves plenty of minerals and larve for you to continue should the push fail. I don't like this build but I hate losing to this push myself. I'm going to try panda's method with evo chamber + spine to lessen the gap near the ramp. That is if I ever have the balls to do a hatch first in a zvz.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jasonng said:
Not an all in either. It leaves plenty of minerals and larve for you to continue should the push fail. I don't like this build but I hate losing to this push myself. I'm going to try panda's method with evo chamber + spine to lessen the gap near the ramp. That is if I ever have the balls to do a hatch first in a zvz.
what build are you scared of?

<10 pool? you lose.
baneling? you win.
1 base roach? you win.
speedling allin? tough, but not unwinnable.
other 15 hatch? sweet zvz macro

so its really just a question of how many people do a <10pool when its a free win for any pool first or gas/pool.

jasonng

speedling all in of course. Most zergs in ladder open with a 13 gas 13 pool. It's safe, it gives you those speedlings that can be used for both defensive and harass. And most think like me: if I have speedlings first and you go 15 hatch, I'm going to harass you immensely.

Say it's me that goes 15 hatch then that means I don't get speedlings until much later, meaning if you're going for a runby that means I have to get banelings. My micro is still not that good enough to handle that kind of harass and I fall behind. And when you're on the defensive position, it's hard to gauge what your opponent is going to do next because you don't know if that next batch of larve is going to be used for drones or more zerglings. I've lost plenty of matches because I drone up hard thinking I fended off an attack only for him to hit me with more. Being in defensive means you don't know when to drone.

By the way, I'm 6 pooling you every time now panda.

zoukka said:
I hate that guy.

I haven't watched any of his stream, so I can't comment on that, but from what I heard of him on SotG, he sounds like a fucking moron. I don't understand that when everyone complains about the language on games on XBOX, like COD, he thinks it is okay that Starcraft people use similar colloquialisms. Why do video game players think they can be years behind society when it comes to language. It is depressing. He tried to accuse people who clean up their language as selling out, and that really made me laugh. I hate the term selling out. Oh well, to each his own I suppose, but I think iNcontrol understands the big picture. I'll miss him if SotG returns.

jasonng

Pandaman said:
well i was gonna offer to practice with you but if thats how it is, fine

I mean if you're going to train with me I won't cheese. Just beware if we get matched up come Summer Invitational, is all.

Awesome Animals said:
I haven't watched any of his stream, so I can't comment on that, but from what I heard of him on SotG, he sounds like a fucking moron. I don't understand that when everyone complains about the language on games on XBOX, like COD, he thinks it is okay that Starcraft people use similar colloquialisms. Why do video game players think they can be years behind society when it comes to language. It is depressing. He tried to accuse people who clean up their language as selling out, and that really made me laugh. I hate the term selling out. Oh well, to each his own I suppose, but I think iNcontrol understands the big picture. I'll miss him if SotG returns.
Contrary to Geoff's opinion, not everyone has an agenda and not everyone is obliged to expand eSports.

That being said; Destiny got old and fast.

mescalineeyes said:
Contrary to Geoff's opinion, not everyone has an agenda and not everyone is obliged to expand eSports.

That being said; Destiny got old and fast.

That is fair, but as eSports grows, it is going to become less aceptable for that to happen. So he is either going to need to change with the sport or be left behind. Additionally, any potential sponsors that Destiny may have or does have will be reluctant to sign with him or stay with him. I feel that his stream is more of a niche within esports (niche within a niche, lol), which enables him to use the language that he does. Plus, looking at any streams chat, you can tell that the commentors probably don't care because they are far worse than anything the streamers say.

I don't even know why I am arguing about this, it is a stupid discussion sparked by a father who wanted to watch streams with his 6 year old...*sigh*

Terproerg said:
Any of you guys gonna sign up for the nvidia tourny? its free!

Link??

ultron87

And who would've thought that Pool C could become even more of a Pool of Death.

Of course, by "death", I mean you'll still place 20th without winning a single game.

Deadman

Will be interesting to see how group c goes. Everyone will have been preparing for bomber and will now instead get mc, but on the other hand mc wasnt preparing for anything and now gets idra, tyler, ret and select.

Also the nvidia tournament is cool, especially because anyone can enter.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Wonder how much a last minute return ticket to MLG from Korea cost. Be interesting to see MC play Tyler after all his talk.

Ikuu said:
Wonder how much a last minute return ticket to MLG from Korea cost. Be interesting to see MC play Tyler after all his talk.

I'm sure GOM/MLG payed for all the tickets, but yeah, must have been crazy expensive for MC's.

Okay...So what is the history between Nony and MC? And is there any history between IdrA and MC? Because I am reading the Team Liquid preview, and it seems to be implying there is. Anyone?

Mairu

StopMakingSense said:
Really just Tyler's been very critical of MC's play on SotG. Don't think there's anything more to it.
Man, even if MC stomps Tyler 2-0 I don't think that really proves anything. It's possible to be critical of someone's play even if you're not better than them. People totally blow comments like his out of proportion, and soon after MC started underperforming anyways. It sucks for the people in MC's group that were preparing for different matchups though.

BigAT

Awesome Animals said:
Okay...So what is the history between Nony and MC? And is there any history between IdrA and MC? Because I am reading the Team Liquid preview, and it seems to be implying there is. Anyone?
Tyler said something to the effect of MC, despite his victories, was playing a very risky/greedy style at times that could be punished if someone went at it correctly.

To be honest I think his comments were all completely overblown by the community, as tends to happen. He said everything with respect and was very analytical in his discussion. I think he was vindicated to a certain degree with the way MC busted out of his last couple of tournaments, especially to PoltPrime (I haven't been following the GSL Super, so I have no clue how he's done there). It's kind of silly that everyone made such a huge deal of it, Tyler never even said that he was better than MC.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just got myself to semi finals in a tourny and got absolutely fucked up by toss. The only match up I don't know, and I got slaughtered 3-0.

I got sent to losers, and if I get through I'll fight him again in the finals... I'm just so damn clueless wtf to do. So damn clueless.

Do you think Spectator passes for MLG will be available on Saturday? I really want to check it out but still not sure if I can make it, and wouldn't be able to make it until Saturday afternoon regardless. Conundrum!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just got myself to finals again by winning losers bracket... TvT ._.

First match was 20 minutes
Second match was 40 minutes
Third match was 1 hour 8 minutes

Couldn't handle it after that third game so I proxy 3 rax all in'D the last one and won in 8 minutes.

ultron87

Yoshichan said:
Just got myself to finals again by winning losers bracket... TvT ._.

First match was 20 minutes
Second match was 40 minutes
Third match was 1 hour 8 minutes

Couldn't handle it after that third game so I proxy 3 rax all in'D the last one and won in 8 minutes.

Congrats!

How does a game of SC2 take over an hour?

Yoshichan

Hugh Buelow said:
Game time or real time?
Every mineral field in Tal'darim used + tons and tons of planeteries, siege tanks, missile turrets and bunkers ._.
Hugh Buelow said:
Game time or real time?
Game time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom