• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Thors are too slow to do anything against Mutas outside from keeping them out of your mineral lines. Once you move them from your base, Mutas will just go back to owning your mineral lines and production structures. The current maps are way too big given how slow Terran mech is and how weak the air is. Bottom line, Zerg has to make mistakes with their Mutas because Terran sure as heck can't chase them down or contain them with anything.

People saying Thors are the answer have never tried using Thors very much. They're too slow and in low numbers they just get magic boxed, which means you can't reinforce with them either.

Q8D3vil

LFUpu.jpg

PV5Qf.jpg

oi2W3.jpg

Jeff-DSA

He couldn't bust that? It's pretty mean, but Protoss is easily the best race for not letting that happen or breaking it down if it does.

Dooraven

Yeah honestly with Protoss you don't want all your units on a single hotkey due to the variation of speed the protoss units have. Terran is fine beacuse mmm travels at relatively the same speed and if you're having all of your units on 1 hotkey as zerg then smh.

Edit: Lol panda what did you use to kill the VRs with?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Dooraven said:
Edit: Lol panda what did you use to kill the VRs with?
i probably should have taken a middle pic, but it takes ages to fast forward 1hr into a 1v1 obs. that clump you see between my two furthest down tumours are my mutalisks.

Dooraven said:
if you're having all of your units on 1 hotkey as zerg then smh.
>_>

Q8D3vil

Dooraven said:
uhh wtf unless you managed to snipe all his colossi with your banshees the protoss should have easily sniped the bunkers off.
focus fire with banshee and tanks.

it was an all in from me so he canceled his expansion and turtled in his base, i made sure that he wasnt doing a ninja expansion or warp prism action (i left a 10 marines in my base). eventually i expanded because i was running low on minerals in my base.

this build still need some work because any tiny positional mistake can easily cost me the game.

Jeff-DSA said:
It beats ANYBODY who doesn't prepare for it. That's not exclusive to Zerg. Zerg players are just the most stubborn about static defense, so yeah, they get beat by in more than most. At least spore crawlers can chase away banshees. You have a few mutas and they just laugh at turrets and cannons.

Name one thing Protoss or Zerg can do to Terran that a Terran has to "Prepare" for. Wall + Repair-o-Bunker does not count as preparing btw.

Q8D3vil

ChronicleX said:
Name one thing Protoss or Zerg can do to Terran that a Terran has to "Prepare" for. Wall + Repair-o-Bunker does not count as preparing btw.
putting a bunker is considered preparing.

Q8D3vil said:
putting a bunker is considered preparing.

No it isn't. You can build the damn bunker as whatever is about to attack you walks towards your base. You can build one anyway then scrap it. That is not preparing, that is standard Terran play.

So common, gimmie something Terran has to prepare for. I DARE you.

Q8D3vil

No it isn't. You can build the damn bunker as whatever is about to attack you walks towards your base. You can build one anyway then scrap it. That is not preparing, that is standard Terran play.

So common, gimmie something Terran has to prepare for. I DARE you.
3 gate pressure
4 gate
dt rush
void ray rush
6 gate all in

baneling bust

of course you are trolling so i'm won't bother replying back to you after this.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait. WAIT. Terran needs no preparation?

Q8D3vil said:
3 gate pressure
4 gate
dt rush
void ray rush
6 gate all in

baneling bust

of course you are trolling so i'm won't bother replying back to you after this.

Standard Terran play can hold all of these unless you are a really bad Terran. But then again considering you think Thor's are a mystical unit that only appear if you say it's name 3 times I did not expect much of you.

However even though your being a dick about it, I'll assist you.

Gate pressure - Don't wall off at ramp.
DT Rush - You seriously have a problem with this as Terran? Build 20 enginering bays and pray you get detection in time. Oh wait.....
Void Rays - Use marine? It's not like the old days where 1 ray could tank andkill 4 marines by itself.
6 gate - Smell fish -Scan base - build more bunker.

As for baneling bust, smell fish or scout nest + make wall stronger by repositioning rax.

Everything you have mentioned can be defended by throwing down a bunker and massing marines. EVERYTHING. You don't need a special building, special tech or unit, you just need to carry on with what you were doing and throw down as many bunkers as required.

The irony of it all is, there is ONE thing Terran has to prepare for from both Z+P and you did not mention it. Ha.

http://imgur.com/a/iWQsB

photo album from MLG, some were on twitter.

Back from Columbus, I almost stayed today, but traveling at night is a pain in the ass. That's what the stream is for.

I almost got a picture with IdrA but I didn't realize how close I was until he was gone :( And I really wanted to meet Day[9], but he (understandably in so many ways) wasn't walking around up front.

::EDIT::

The alienware booth was set up and you could log on and play a game to test their hardware. Damn impressive computers, but I let my buddy who has never played before try out on my account, and he almost won, but when he was about to attack (with only marines and medivacs, lol) dt's showed up. That was all the protoss built, and it was my fault he lost, but he loved it.

I then played a game and showed him how it was done. Crushed a protoss :)

WedgeX

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
http://imgur.com/a/iWQsB

photo album from MLG, some were on twitter.

Back from Columbus, I almost stayed today, but traveling at night is a pain in the ass. That's what the stream is for.

I almost got a picture with IdrA but I didn't realize how close I was until he was gone :( And I really wanted to meet Day[9], but he (understandably in so many ways) wasn't walking around up front.

::EDIT::

The alienware booth was set up and you could log on and play a game to test their hardware. Damn impressive computers, but I let my buddy who has never played before try out on my account, and he almost won, but when he was about to attack (with only marines and medivacs, lol) dt's showed up. That was all the protoss built, and it was my fault he lost, but he loved it.

I then played a game and showed him how it was done. Crushed a protoss :)

Cool pics!

Nothing better than beating people on the ladder who bm. Silly kids.

zlatko

Banned
WedgeX said:
Cool pics!

Nothing better than beating people on the ladder who bm. Silly kids.

I BM all the time. It's what keeps me from going Yoshi style on my keyboard. Nerd Rage helps expunge those negative feelings quickly. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zlatko said:
I BM all the time. It's what keeps me from going Yoshi style on my keyboard. Nerd Rage helps expunge those negative feelings quickly. :)
I BM a lot... in fact, here's a picture from from a 2v2 I just played 5 minutes ago and I'm not ashamed of it. Toss in 2v2 is more broken than toss 1v1.
JIg7F.jpg

TiW0y.jpg

BigAT

Haha, I just had some Protoss player on the ladder try the exact same strat MC used against Idra on Tal'Darim (3 pylons walling off between the main and the natural). It might have been because I recently watched Idra fail at it so miserably, but I completely shut it down. I managed to move my drone in time to block off the third pylon, promptly killed the probe and then ran down to his base for the free win.

My main point is, I'm a better Zerg player than Idra.

Neki

BigAT said:
Haha, I just had some Protoss player on the ladder try the exact same strat MC used against Idra on Tal'Darim (3 pylons walling off between the main and the natural). It might have been because I recently watched Idra fail at it so miserably, but I completely shut it down. I managed to move my drone in time to block off the third pylon, promptly killed the probe and then ran down to his base for the free win.

how many placings at tournaments you got

BigAT said:

The beauty of Bronze! Not all of them follow eSports! I'm sure you are going to see a lot of that in the next few weeks though!

Following my form from MLG I continued to win tonight, five straight baby! Bronze is too easy :(

BigAT

PhoenixDark said:
Are the MLG finals vods up? Trying to avoid spoilers although I have a feeling it'll be impossible to avoid them; was watching NBA finals
I don't believe so, someone said it takes a while for them to put the VODs up. The replays get uploaded pretty quickly though.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
PhoenixDark said:
Are the MLG finals vods up? Trying to avoid spoilers although I have a feeling it'll be impossible to avoid them; was watching NBA finals
If its anything like previous MLGs, it takes them a few weeks.

Deadly

There are some VODs up from the stream no? You can choose which matches to watch. At least that's how it was for the first day.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Awesome Animals said:
I'm just glad the activity has moved back to this thread. To many non regulars :)
Not enough IdrA love ><
so many mad terrans crying imba this weekend mysteriously disappeared after mma won it all.

Pandaman said:
so many mad terrans crying imba this weekend mysteriously disappeared after mma won it all.

I've never seriously called imba. At least for Terran. Watching IdrA and Losira made me feel that Zerg could use some earlier Anti-air, and some better detection units, even if that is makeing overseers easier to get. IDK, I realize that I am no where near the caliber to discuss imbalances or even understand the true extent a change would cause.

I still feel the SCV needs an invincibility buff, and Marine's need a higher DPS :) And toss needs less units that can attack, and zerg should have no air units.

Won

Pandaman said:

They are all practicing MMA's "destroy your third OC" build. Seems pretty effective against Zerg!

Awesome Animals said:
IDK, I realize that I am no where near the caliber to discuss imbalances or even understand the true extent a change would cause.

As long you paid for the game you are allowed to complain and whine as much as everyone else.

zlatko

Banned
Mmm nerd christmas is the best time of year. MLG, E3, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, oh and we had HotS stuff finally. SO much going on I haven't and won't be getting a lot of Star 2 in.

mescalineeyes said:
exactly. take a page out of my book. I have no fucking idea yet I am as loud as it gets.

I try not to be the vocal minority. :) But my already large ego is just getting a larger boost because bronze league isn't giving me a challenge currently. This means that I think I know everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom