• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just picked this game up last night, have never played the original. Is there a good fan site or something that would go over basics, strategy etc or should I learn all that via the single player?

Thanks all

r7eL3.gif

Nostalgic Nightmare said:
So I just picked this game up last night, have never played the original. Is there a good fan site or something that would go over basics, strategy etc or should I learn all that via the single player?

Thanks all

teamliquid.net, day9.tv, and getting on the 'NeoGAF' channel while playing. There is usually someone on who is willing to help teach. As well, play the campaign to understand the gameplay.
::EDIT:: Also the reddit.com/r/starcraft is a pretty good resource.

and, while I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing, Spl1nter, care to explain this for my bronze league development?

Awesome Animals said:
teamliquid.net, day9.tv, and getting on the 'NeoGAF' channel while playing. There is usually someone on who is willing to help teach. As well, play the campaign to understand the gameplay.
::EDIT:: Also the reddit.com/r/starcraft is a pretty good resource.

and, while I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing, Spl1nter, care to explain this for my bronze league development?

Thanks a bunch. Can't wait to get home to install it.

GK6pk7h

The weirdest thing ever. I didn't even believe him at first, lol. He attacked me with some marines, a few marauders, and a tank w/o siege. I easily stimmed and killed it all, and then the gg happened. You can tell by my response that I was skeptical.

cdyhybrid

Awesome Animals said:
The weirdest thing ever. I didn't even believe him at first, lol. He attacked me with some marines, a few marauders, and a tank w/o siege. I easily stimmed and killed it all, and then the gg happened. You can tell by my response that I was skeptical.

IMMvp, is that you?

jasonng

Awesome Animals said:

MMAwesome Animals?

Watching Cella's stream, one of the Slayers players playing (chat says it's Frozen) he botched his probe split and GG's and says "I am Idra" lolol

hamchan

Gordon Hayward knows about Idra raging lol.

Chill commentary is amazing.

3v3 with Chill now rofl.

Also lol @ Destiny getting GM, that's awesome. Poor Artosis.

nilbog21

Banned
hey guys i am running xsplit on justin.tv but my audio is kind of weird. its kind of crackly and in slow motion a bit..

settings are:
44.100 khz 16 bit stereo
128000bitrate

anyoen kno whats up?

if anyone wants to give me streaming tips:
http://www.justin.tv/vautrin21?#/w/1303481104
EDIT: offline now

I have 1mb upload, please help me find optimal settings. the audio is REALLY soft when i watch my own stream, but my friends say its fine? please guys i need feedback :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
nilbog21 said:
hey guys i am running xsplit on justin.tv but my audio is kind of weird. its kind of crackly and in slow motion a bit..

settings are:
44.100 khz 16 bit stereo
128000bitrate

anyoen kno whats up?

if anyone wants to give me streaming tips:
http://www.justin.tv/vautrin21?#/w/1303481104
EDIT: offline now

I have 1mb upload, please help me find optimal settings. the audio is REALLY soft when i watch my own stream, but my friends say its fine? please guys i need feedback :(

VIDEO ENCODING:
faster x.264
Quality 10
kbps 850 (cap -20%)
buffer 1900
Res: Default

AUDIO:
96000 MP3

Sound is probably your recording at less than 100% vol, and your viewers have their adjusted normally.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You can stream audio much better than that on a 1mb connection, people will tolerate a lower video setting much easier than lower audio.

I would def stream if I could. I don't think my computer could handle it though.

I definitely need to get the replay I had last night where I defended a baneling bust, muta harass, and then destroyed him when I attacked. It was insanely gratifying because he was raging the whole time, especially after I stopped things. I couldn't help myself and decided to talk smack afterwards (I know, bm).

Me: Sorry I was so rough, I'll use protection next time.
Him: Fuck you virgin scrub. Get skill.
Me: Okay, but at least I have enough skill to beat you.
Me: baneling bust fail, muta harass fail.
Me: How'd you get into silver?
Me: If you ask me, you should be in copper.

I may have over done it, but my win streak has given me too much swag (I need to get out of bronze!). 10 games, and when I beat that kid after all his talk, and I found out he was silver, I couldn't help myself. :D

Replay when I get home tonight!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Awesome Animals said:
I would def stream if I could. I don't think my computer could handle it though.

I definitely need to get the replay I had last night where I defended a baneling bust, muta harass, and then destroyed him when I attacked. It was insanely gratifying because he was raging the whole time, especially after I stopped things. I couldn't help myself and decided to talk smack afterwards (I know, bm).

Me: Sorry I was so rough, I'll use protection next time.
Him: Fuck you virgin scrub. Get skill.
Me: Okay, but at least I have enough skill to beat you.
Me: baneling bust fail, muta harass fail.
Me: How'd you get into silver?
Me: If you ask me, you should be in copper.

I may have over done it, but my win streak has given me too much swag (I need to get out of bronze!). 10 games, and when I beat that kid after all his talk, and I found out he was silver, I couldn't help myself. :D

Replay when I get home tonight!
XLGfd.gif

Dooraven

2011 Jan is what I'm most interested at, it was the height of protoss dominance and QQ about them. I imagine this is when Zergs were still A moving v a protoss death ball.

But besides that wow, Protoss has been horrible.

Dooraven

Pandaman said:
call me when you're last for more than a month and a half.

lol that's just due to TvZ being super horrible for zerg before the Terran nerfs and larger maps that were introduced in the GSTL Jan, after that Zerg have been on a climb which is quite a good thing.

WedgeX

Banned
What the heck happened to zerg in January?

Otherwise, T and Z are near equals according to that graph. Toss are officially allowed to complain, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom