• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

lOAXv.png

27th Gaf Night. Because E3 was a let down and PC gaming is now declared much much superior. And just because we haven't heard any news on the tournament doesn't mean we shouldn't keep our skills sharpened. Bring friends and roommates, get on mumble and let's talk about whatever. Don't bring your girlfriend though or she'll leave you for a higher league gaffer.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>

<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Star Battle>
<City of Tempest>
<Mafia>
<MineralZ>

Mumble + Stream
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: htt://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Feels weird, watching a Zelda OoT speedrun on justin.tv and people in chat are talking about idra/tyler/sc2/sc2 stuff lol

So I had to send my Das Keyboard in for repair and am playing on an old crappy keyboard. Not having the clicking and awesome feel of a mechanical keyboard sucks once you've gotten used to it.

Edit: Also playing for the first time in a week or two is hard.

ShallNoiseUpon said:
So I had to send my Das Keyboard in for repair and am playing on an old crappy keyboard. Not having the clicking and awesome feel of a mechanical keyboard sucks once you've gotten used to it.

do you need a hug? :(

mescalineeyes said:
I don't even want to know what life would be without my das :|
*big clickety-click e-hug*

I feel like some sort of common person with a membrane keyboard that doesn't make any sound. I could have probably gotten by fine with it (2 key was sticking and 3 key wasn't clicking) how it was, but if I pay that much for a keyboard it damn well better work perfectly.

Their support was outstanding, too. The vendor I bought it from wouldn't help me at all, so they were just like "whatever, just send it to us and we'll warranty it"

<3 Das

Max said:
Why are they so expensive? D:

I really wish I could explain much better than "they use really high quality switches"; but I guess that will have to do.

Although I do have to admit there's some hipster-cred involved in the price.

Deadly

From Milkis (the translator during MLG) blog:
After a given point Idra's girlfriend is drunk and ends up at the patio and she starts trash talking MC and MC was quite the gentleman One of the Korean players remarked that "I thought she was pretty but I was quite mistaken" lol.

- If you noticed there was a lot of lag in the last few games... this was because the players got constantly invited to chat rooms by people who somehow figured out their number ID code. LosirA actually got a new ID for his game against MC but people found out what name he was using very very quickly. The final match was pretty bad because of that... It was pretty bad. Please make "Busy" mode actually block all messages, or set a "Friends only" mode where only friends can message/invite you to chats/parties please Blizzard?

Fucking trolls.

BigAT

Deadly said:
After a given point Idra's girlfriend is drunk and ends up at the patio and she starts trash talking MC and MC was quite the gentleman One of the Korean players remarked that "I thought she was pretty but I was quite mistaken" lol.

- If you noticed there was a lot of lag in the last few games... this was because the players got constantly invited to chat rooms by people who somehow figured out their number ID code. LosirA actually got a new ID for his game against MC but people found out what name he was using very very quickly. The final match was pretty bad because of that... It was pretty bad. Please make "Busy" mode actually block all messages, or set a "Friends only" mode where only friends can message/invite you to chats/parties please Blizzard?

Fucking trolls.
It's incredibly easy to find someone on B.net, you don't even need to have their friend code. If you're friends with anyone that was there basically, you can find people through match history and trace your way to whoever, then add them to your list.

Deadly said:

She sounds like a good match for Idra.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
BigAT said:
It's incredibly easy to find someone on B.net, you don't even need to have their friend code. If you're friends with anyone that was there basically, you can find people through match history and trace your way to whoever, then add them to your list.
Yep. I have the mlgcasts as my friends so I just check their match history and bam.

Won

Some B.net 2.0 design choices will never make sense to me. And with "some" I mean pretty much all of them. :(

I hope Blizzard actually adresses this problem quickly. I got scared during the MLG finals that a group of idiots can basically nuke the games and no one could possible do anything against it.

HotS will have LAN. It must. Hell they could fuck up the game even more than it already is and everyone would switch to it for that reason alone.

PhoenixDark said:
No it won't. Blizz already shot that down.
Then how the fuck are they intending to support SCII as an E-Sport exactly? I mean currently competitive Starcraft II is like Football during an earthquake. Pumping money into the pig will only last so long.

ChronicleX said:
Then how the fuck are they intending to support SCII as an E-Sport exactly? I mean currently competitive Starcraft II is like Football during an earthquake. Pumping money into the pig will only last so long.

The most logical thing for them to do is license some type of LAN version of the game for tourneys. That way Blizzard makes some money off doing something they should have done all along.

SC2 is exploding right now even without LAN support. That will continue in NA/EU, and the game should become more popular in Korea over the next couple years. Blizzard is probably quite happy with their ability to monitor and control the esport aspect of the game, and they won't be letting go of that power anytime soon. Which sucks for us because eventually a huge match is going to be ruined by lag.

Too bad many of the voices of the community with the most clout/respect refuse to say anything about the matter.

V_Arnold

ChronicleX said:

That is fucking bullshit.
It is an online game, end of story. Online games sometimes have connection issues, deal with it.

Mairu

Reading the blog by the TL translator about his MLG experience made me disappointed in the SC2 community and Blizzard :(

Apparently a lot of the lag in some of the games on stream with the Koreans were due to the players getting spammed invites to chat rooms or friend requests. They even created new accounts at times but still they would end up getting spammed. Fuckin' SC2 community.

Where the fuck is the proper DND for SC2? I know they're holding onto LAN for as long as they possibly can, but Available/Busy is not good enough and even World of Warcraft has a DND mode. Fuckin' Blizzard.

Keikaku

I held a 14-hatch, 14/15 pool build against a 2-Rax Terran for the first time ever. I'm lucky that he didn't commit too much the pressure which allowed me to stabilize pretty nicely and tech to mutas (with a brief stop at banelings)

I basically took the map and tried to stop him from expanding too much. He managed to get his 3rd up and running but any and all other attempts were shut down until it no longer mattered.

I feel pretty good right now, though I still have a lot to improve on, obviously.

Replay here!

EDIT: I'm off to bed, the sweet, sweet smell of detonated banelings in my wake :)

I am so close to adding the first person to my ignore list. ChronicleX might just get that honored distinction. I have never seen a good post from him in any thread ever.

SteveWinwood said:
I am so close to adding the first person to my ignore list. ChronicleX might just get that honored distinction. I have never seen a good post from him in any thread ever.

he's probably going to get banned before we know. he is a delusional dumb fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom