• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ultrabum said:
O rly?

What makes your control so good?
Yeah I just feel that I'm REALLY good with them against zerg and terran. Positioning, unsiege-timings with stim marine scouts, single siege handling etc.

Ultrabum

I've played mostly toss and zerg... the only thing I ever notice with siege tank micro is target firing banelings >.> Maybe I should play Terran more so I better understand how to exploit them :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ultrabum said:
I've played mostly toss and zerg... the only thing I ever notice with siege tank micro is target firing banelings >.> Maybe I should play Terran more so I better understand how to exploit them :p
There's much to it. Bad siege tank handling is probably the worst thing in the game. An example of this is Totalbiscuit; his siege handling is by far the worst thing I've ever seen and because of this, it kills him 90% of the times (bad unsiege timings because of the lack of quick and efficient scouting). He's actually getting slightly better overall, but he's still very bad with siege.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Okay, I haven't played seriously in months and have been getting my butt kicked on the ladder nonstop.

What builds are my fellow brotoss doing lately? I've trying 3-Gate expand into mass Colossus with mixed results. Is 4-gate still any good? Is Stargate tech relevant now?

Edit: US Yoshi.

Yoshichan

Pankaks said:
Okay, I haven't played seriously in months and have been getting my butt kicked on the ladder nonstop.

What builds are my fellow brotoss doing lately? I've trying 3-Gate expand into mass Colossus with mixed results. Is 4-gate still any good? Is Stargate tech relevant now?
3 gate robo is fucking insane against every race. And 4 gate is still good but if scouted, you're pretty much screwed.

edit: you in EU or US?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ChronicleX
Banned
(Today, 01:51 PM)
Reply | Quote

DXIbO.gif

Yoshichan

You guys are mean... do you do this when I get banned too?

Keikaku

Yoshichan said:
You guys are mean... do you do this when I get banned too?

Chronicle called Arnold a "shit eating Jester". If you call someone that or something similar and fail to contribute positively to a discussion and then get banned then, yes, I will rejoice.

EDIT: Corran, perhaps the HuK party hat gif?

Ultrabum

That gif is great!

Its almost as good as the one with artosis walking and and using his finger to shoot that guy... anyone have that gif?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ultrabum said:
That gif is great!

Its almost as good as the one with artosis walking and and using his finger to shoot that guy... anyone have that gif?

Ask and ye shall receive!

NSIcH.gif

edit: What movie is this from btw?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
*watch gaf night because a power failure kept me from joining*
*keikaku vs zargla*
*panda/pony discussion*
Are you not entertained?

Also ChronicleX isn't that bad if you take his posts upfront without his history. Could probably post less though.

Pancakes

Alright I'm starting to get back into the groove of things, <3 PvP

Any advice as to what I could improve on? (Plat league btw)

Replay Link

ultron87

Pankaks said:
Alright I'm starting to get back into the groove of things, <3 PvP

Any advice as to what I could improve on? (Plat league btw)

Replay Link

You did pretty good.

Few observations:

When you had him contained you just sat at the bottom of his ramp and kept pumping units out of the gateways. Even though you had him trapped up his ramp you weren't getting any further ahead because you weren't expanding or teching.

You should've at least started probe production back up again much sooner than you did. Your expansion would've been way more effective if you had had 35 probes when it went up instead of 23.

I don't know if getting the forge to protect against DTs was the best choice. A robo would've done the same job, but gotten you in the direction of colossi.

WedgeX

Banned
Had a great game. Made some awful mistakes, but made sure to expand and keep producing, broke a contain in a way that would make splinter proud. Good ol' marine tank plus a thor or two. And the dude was plat too boot.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Keikaku said:
I held a 14-hatch, 14/15 pool build against a 2-Rax Terran for the first time ever. I'm lucky that he didn't commit too much the pressure which allowed me to stabilize pretty nicely and tech to mutas (with a brief stop at banelings)

I basically took the map and tried to stop him from expanding too much.

Replay here!

EDIT: I'm off to bed, the sweet, sweet smell of detonated banelings in my wake :)
You never scouted again until 15 minutes with mutas. You never checked his natural the entire game. You scouted his 3rd when it was up by flying mutas into turrets.

From your scouting drone until 15 minutes he could have killed you with 20 Terran All-ins when you had pure ling and were teching straight to muta.

You don't hotkey your army or counter his pushes. You always fight where he wants you to fight. Be more aggressive with your mutas.

Attack move with ling/bane then attack with mutas so they clean up tanks while bio runs. Do this on creep. If T doesn't have tanks its a free battle win for you everytime.

You float an absurd amount of minerals. Since your injects aren't so good make double hatch and queen at every base and hotkey 3 queens purely for creep spread.

I think that's about it. Deny the T his 3rd. When he takes it, drone up like mad.

Keikaku

Hazaro said:
You never scouted again until 15 minutes with mutas. You never checked his natural the entire game. You scouted his 3rd when it was up by flying mutas into turrets.

From your scouting drone until 15 minutes he could have killed you with 20 Terran All-ins when you had pure ling and were teching straight to muta.

You don't hotkey your army or counter his pushes. You always fight where he wants you to fight. Be more aggressive with your mutas.

Attack move with ling/bane then attack with mutas so they clean up tanks while bio runs. Do this on creep. If T doesn't have tanks its a free battle win for you everytime.

You float an absurd amount of minerals. Since your injects aren't so good make double hatch and queen at every base and hotkey 3 queens purely for creep spread.

I think that's about it. Deny the T his 3rd. When he takes it, drone up like mad.

Good advice and I'll take it. Thanks Hazard!

I'm working on map control, my Muta timing and my crisis management. If I have a rough time with the initial harass, I usually have a really hard time actually getting back on track. Thanks a lot for the advice, it really helps.

cdyhybrid

Day9 daily on Slush today was really informative. Basically about when to drone, when to build units, and which units to build. Both games he did were vs. T, but the principles transfer over to ZvP as well (maybe ZvZ, but I suspect it's a little different).

Also Idra playing Disturbed on his stream. I am disappoint.

Yoshichan

My cousin is lolling @ Battle net again...

Yeah, he's platinum and currently fighting master league. Good shit. Yeah.

V_Arnold

Keikaku said:
Chronicle called Arnold a "shit eating Jester". If you call someone that or something similar and fail to contribute positively to a discussion and then get banned then, yes, I will rejoice.

EDIT: Corran, perhaps the HuK party hat gif?

That was the point when I stopped trying to even argue with him, but I was not expecting a ban. Is any mod reading this thread regularly? Or is he acting like that on other non-SCII-related forums too?

Yoshichan

Chronicle is pretty chill in other threads... just like me.

Pancakes

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Keikaku said:
Good advice and I'll take it. Thanks Hazard!

I'm working on map control, my Muta timing and my crisis management. If I have a rough time with the initial harass, I usually have a really hard time actually getting back on track. Thanks a lot for the advice, it really helps.
Also you need to have your units in a position to counter attack. If he is on your creep and sieges you can just send some lings and banes to his 3rd/nat while you dance around with mutas above his Marine/Tank since he doesn't know where your whole army is.

If he is not pushing you, keep your army near middle so you can easily backstab.

Keikaku

V_Arnold said:
That was the point when I stopped trying to even argue with him, but I was not expecting a ban. Is any mod reading this thread regularly? Or is he acting like that on other non-SCII-related forums too?

I saw a mod was online and sent a PM. He was crapping up the thread to no good end.

hamchan said:
Some asshole is DDOSing Destiny. That's not cool considering he actually lives off his stream.

I really hope that kid ends up in a life situation that has him digging for his dinner in an alley dumpster behind a Red Lobster.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Awesome Animals said:
I really hope that kid ends up in a life situation that has him digging for his dinner in an alley dumpster behind a Red Lobster.
destiny? i hope not, guy needs atleast a mcdonalds level job to put towards his kid.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
destiny? i hope not, guy needs atleast a mcdonalds level job to put towards his kid.
he meant the kid attacking destiny not destiny.
stuff like this make me lose faith in mankind.
poor destiny, he must have lost a lot of money because of that shithead

I'm going to miss seeing TLO play. He is one of my favorites. But his CT has been bothering him, and I don't know if there is anything else he can do. Well, unless he wants to abuse narcotics, which is what I would do.

Mairu

Expected this for awhile, he had posted before about his CTS getting worse and having to stop practicing. That 24 hour charity stream was very cool but seemed like the wrong thing to do when you're dealing with CTS :/

I hope he does a lot more casting while he can't play as much, he's really great at analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom