• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

a176

Banned
Fix Bnet 2?

5770724775_30d7bcf076.jpg

V_Arnold said:
That is fucking bullshit.
It is an online game, end of story. Online games sometimes have connection issues, deal with it.

Why are you defending blizzard on this issue? Adding LAN support is only going to be beneficial to those of us who watch SC2 (including you as far as im aware).

I'm not asking them to give LAN to everyone because i know blizzard are scared of pirates. That doesn't mean they can't find a way to implement it for the big tournaments.

mcrae

Keikaku said:
I held a 14-hatch, 14/15 pool build against a 2-Rax Terran for the first time ever. I'm lucky that he didn't commit too much the pressure which allowed me to stabilize pretty nicely and tech to mutas (with a brief stop at banelings)

I basically took the map and tried to stop him from expanding too much. He managed to get his 3rd up and running but any and all other attempts were shut down until it no longer mattered.

I feel pretty good right now, though I still have a lot to improve on, obviously.

Replay here!

EDIT: I'm off to bed, the sweet, sweet smell of detonated banelings in my wake :)

i just did the same. my scout drone saw his 2 marines/rax and died, so i started up my spawning pool(late pool mistake #1) and prayed he wouldnt go to my main base. luckily he went to my expo, and started killing it. layed down two spines, made 12 lings and two queens (2nd i had to cancel cause expo died) and held his ~8 rines/2 scv. but i let my queen die (mistake #2)

so i remade the queen, made a macro hatch, pulled off gas, and started spamming lings. made some banelings, and eventually took out his bunkered expo and wall off, when his starport was 80% done. i didnt think i had much of a chance, and probably would have lost if he was more marauder heavy than marine, but its all good. yay for banelings.

V_Arnold

AdventureRacing said:
Why are you defending blizzard on this issue? Adding LAN support is only going to be beneficial to those of us who watch SC2 (including you as far as im aware).

I'm not asking them to give LAN to everyone because i know blizzard are scared of pirates. That doesn't mean they can't find a way to implement it for the big tournaments.

Basically, I made peace in my mind with the fact that Blizz is not treating this game as a LAN-focused multiplayer experience with added online mode, but simply as an online game.

Would it be better if tournament LAN was available? Yep.
Would it leak anyway? Most likely.
And would there be ethernet port issues, keyboard/mouse issues, computer freezes in tournaments? YES.

Therefore, I do not think Blizz wants to risk this. It only has to leak once.

V_Arnold said:
Basically, I made peace in my mind with the fact that Blizz is not treating this game as a LAN-focused multiplayer experience with added online mode, but simply as an online game.

Would it be better if tournament LAN was available? Yep.
Would it leak anyway? Most likely.
And would there be ethernet port issues, keyboard/mouse issues, computer freezes in tournaments? YES.

Therefore, I do not think Blizz wants to risk this. It only has to leak once.

I know blizz doesn't want to risk this. However as a consumer who is negatively impacted by this decision obviously im not going to agree with it.

mescalineeyes said:
people thinking blizzard is going to create a special version of sc2 for tournaments are out of their minds. sorry.

I didn't say i think they're going to, i was more just thinking out loud.

Personally i think LAN should be a standard feature for all versions of SC2.

Holden

mescalineeyes said:
people thinking blizzard is going to create a special version of sc2 for tournaments are out of their minds. sorry.

im pretty sure, NASL uses some sort of LAN, since sometimes you can see the Lobby with all the users with the same portrait (the default one) and the games aren't recorded on normal profiles ( you cant see results in players normal profile match history ) And as far as i know, they haven't got a problem with battle.net ( they have like ~500 games )

And i'm pretty sure GSL code A / S uses it too

But i think blizzard is just scared to give it to "smaller" tournys like MLG where there is a open bracket and anybody can just go in mlg and atempt to "hack it" or something.

Deadman

MLGLee said on live on 3 yesterday that they wont be releasing replays until after the event is over next time because people were getting the ids and friend codes from them to spam the players with.

All it would take to fix is a busy mode that actually works, but thats asking too much of blizz.

They also tried creating lots of new accounts for the players to use and actually ran out of all the codes that blizz gave them for the weekend.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hugoboss21 said:
60$ x 55~ accounts = 3300$

god damn ;(
Pretty sure Blizzard gives them accounts for it, anyway it would be pretty easy for Blizzard to release a LAN client that only works at an event and they really need to do it.

Blizzard higher up CEOs and suits from Activision simply don't give a fuck about lan or making lan tournaments experience easier or more enjoyable.

I basically gave up a long time ago when it comes to this stuff and blizz.

Wow, busy morning means I missed a lot. Long post.

BigAT said:
It's incredibly easy to find someone on B.net, you don't even need to have their friend code. If you're friends with anyone that was there basically, you can find people through match history and trace your way to whoever, then add them to your list.

It is pretty simple, but if they are Grandmasters then they can choose to disable friend adding. I suppose it is a smart move, but honestly I wish they didn't have that option. I may not understand the friends feature correctly, but when I add a friend to my list, do I automatically appear on their friends list? I have assumed it works like Twitter follows, which I think is a fantastic mechanism because it allows us to follow our favorite players without forcing them to have a congested friends list. And if it isn't how it works, then Blizzard should seriously consider this. It is part of what makes Twitter great. And if it doesn't work like that, then it should follow the Facebook model of adding friends because it seems stupid to force someone on your friendslist if you didn't agree to it.

Mairu said:
Where the fuck is the proper DND for SC2? I know they're holding onto LAN for as long as they possibly can, but Available/Busy is not good enough and even World of Warcraft has a DND mode. Fuckin' Blizzard.

This really makes the most sense when discussing issues such as spamming and pro-gamer disturbances. Switching to busy does absolutely nothing but informing people of your status. But if it doesn't prevent people from interrupting you, then what is the point. Terribly broken feature, and a do not disturb or 'hide' feature seems necessary.

mescalineeyes said:
NASL creates a new account for each match so that results don't get spoiled.

All tournaments need to do this, or rather all pro-gamers need to have a 'tournament' account. Honestly, Blizzard should have no problem handing out accounts like this on a request basis. It becomes up to the teams and participants to use these accounts responsibly. While the NASL has been critized for many things (although I think they have done a great job as a start-up, and a very ambitious league), I think this is something they should be commended for. It makes so much sense.

Blizzard could even just have a 'tournament mode' for all accounts that can turn on, prevent disturbances, and hide results of games from match histories. This goes against the idea to promote players from following pro-gamers that I had previously mentioned, so I would prefer this to not happen. But if I can come up with these ideas, why can't they?

Keikaku said:
I'm actually pretty happy with my play during my game. I need to be more decisive with my attacks though, I live in mortal fear of tanks in ZvT >.>

Keikaku, we all felt that you played wonderfully. In general you had amazing map control, and I think the general sentiment is that you could have been a little more aggresive at Zargle's front, and expanded more. Your muta control was a beautiful sight too. :)

mcrae said:
find me an idra playlist now, AA :)

IdrA playlist is easy; just add dubstep, with a lot of Skillrex. Oh, but you have to make sure you skip to the next song before the current song finishes.

Deadman

New series of idra replay reviews: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh415uO0aDk

Evil Geniuses and Bigfoot Networks are pleased to announce that they have teamed up once again to bring you another batch of Pro Tips featuring Greg 'IdrA' Fields.

A few months ago, we released several Pro Tips which were received very positively by the community. However, the community demanded we up our quality to high-definition and focus on some of the more important matches IdrA has encountered.

Well, we listened and are pleased to announce that not only did we create our newest series in high-definition, but we've featured in-game instructional tool-tips as well as matches that were the favorites of fans. This series will also utilize a new replay review theme which will see IdrA commentating other players' important matches. Future "episodes" will feature opponents such as Liquid`Tyler, oGsMC, and others. New episodes will be posted every Tuesday and Thursday for two weeks. We hope you enjoy!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Blame mlg. They used the same caster IDs for like last 3 mlg's. People have them on friend list and easily can get the players id or new ones after a game.

But a true dnd or option to decline invites/lobby automatically would be nice.

Q8D3vil

Won said:
Idra is soooo boring. They need to add another guy to that. :/
like who, idra is the best player in eg followed by machine who is not as good as idra.

edit: of course demuslim is good but he is yet to return to his old form.

Q8D3vil said:
like who, idra is the best player in eg followed by machine who is not as good as idra.

edit: of course demuslim is good but he is yet to return to his old form.

I don't think he meant they need to replace IdrA, just add someone who can add a little more energy into the discussions.

V_Arnold said:
That is fucking bullshit.
It is an online game, end of story. Online games sometimes have connection issues, deal with it.

Do you even know what LAN is? Can you even comprehend that all games played on a LAN can innately run on a LAN? Every single problem with every single game up to this point is because of battlenet. IF it was the tournaments own fault, be it their net or watnot the worst possible thing to happen would be that we loose the stream. The match WOULD GO ON, LAG FREE.

For fuck sake, get your tongue out of the Actibliz arsehole before you choke on their shit.

Q8D3vil

watching all eyes on demuslim, demuslim and rotterdam totally have the same tastosis vibe going on.
i wish they can cast some games together in the future.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm with Chronicle on this one. For sure. Heck, I sometimes play SC2 singleplayer just to experience how fast the game was meant to be.

V_Arnold

ChronicleX said:
Do you even know what LAN is? Can you even comprehend that all games played on a LAN can innately run on a LAN? Every single problem with every single game up to this point is because of battlenet. IF it was the tournaments own fault, be it their net or watnot the worst possible thing to happen would be that we loose the stream. The match WOULD GO ON, LAG FREE.

For fuck sake, get your tongue out of the Actibliz arsehole before you choke on their shit.

Get the fuck down from your imaginary high horse, because assuming I do not know what LAN is just gets you to another man's ignore list yet again - and that wont help your case.

Chill out, take a deep breath, relax, count the number of times there has been a game restart/replay needed, or heck, count the times when there was any kind of stop/lag and compare it to the number of games played online without problems. And then stare in amazement.

It is really the end of the world when spoiled people have nothing else to worry about than a few DC in an online game that they did not even play. Amazing.

Your bitching and namecalling wont force Blizz to include it, people enjoy the game, people buy the game, people watch the game and pro players still play the game regardless of any inclusion of the LAN mode. Therefore, this is POINTLESS. Really, go and practice SCII instead of this. Or do not play at all, go and play games with LAN (like SC1) on LAN.

jasonng

There is no argument here, no one is against LAN. This is just an issue of whether Blizzard will implement LAN in sc2 eventually, which unfortunately is a no. So everyone stop feeding the troll and let's play Dark Deeds.

Sorry I can't understand a thing you say. It sounds like you got your tongue stuck in an arsehole.

It is not my high horse kid, its the community pony that blizzard currently locks in the stable, doesn't feed it then expects it to eat the shit they plop in a bucket once every few months. SCII is a LAN game. It does not need battlenet, blizzards anal attitude towards not including it is counter-productive to esports.

I repeat - SCII is NOT an Online game, it is a game with online support. The same reason Football is not played on your TV, it is televised. The broadcast does not mess with the game. If you get a powercut or you loose your signal, they do NOT force a regame.

The only reason this is happening with SCII atm is because blizzard are on a high horse, shitting on all us pony's.

V_Arnold

jasonng said:
There is no argument here, no one is against LAN. This is just an issue of whether Blizzard will implement LAN in sc2 eventually, which unfortunately is a no. So everyone stop feeding the troll and let's play Dark Deeds.

Exactly, I aint against LAN either. I do not see Blizz implementing it, and I already made peace with that fact.

V_Arnold said:
Exactly, I aint against LAN either. I do not see Blizz implementing it, and I already made peace with that fact.
That does not magically make Blizzard right and the community wrong. Remove that tongue already.

ultron87

What the hell are you all even arguing about?

LAN would be great. There are countless positive reasons to do it.

Will Blizzard add it anytime soon? Probably not.

V_Arnold said:
Oh, do not equate yourself with the community, man.
You are far, far from that :)
If the "community" contains a shit eating Jester that can't figure out that eating shit is not healthy, no bloody wonder I am far from it. Who wants to be near a shit eating Jester that is against LAN support?

nilbog21

Banned
hey does anyoen kno whats up w/ this error from justin.tv that came out of nowhere:

"Camera Not Found

We couldn't find a known-good video source for your computer"

Not really sure what to do, I've googled it and found nothing. Worked fine a day ago? :\

zargle

Awesome Animals said:
Keikaku, we all felt that you played wonderfully. In general you had amazing map control, and I think the general sentiment is that you could have been a little more aggresive at Zargle's front, and expanded more. Your muta control was a beautiful sight too. :)

I waited all day through work to watch that replay, got 10 minutes in and couldnt watch anymore. ugh....so not good. Next time will be better.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
*watch gaf night because a power failure kept me from joining*
*keikaku vs zargla*
*panda/pony discussion*

Keikaku

Pandaman said:
*watch gaf night because a power failure kept me from joining*
*keikaku vs zargla*
*panda/pony discussion*

I haven't really been into the pony thread so I can't comment on what they said during the match but, if it's any consolation, I have watched the show as you suggested and, as you said, it is pretty good. Amazing animation considering it's all done in Flash, too.

EDIT: Chronicle is banned. Just according to me *smirks*

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just realized today... I have the BEST siege tank control in the world. I'm so godlike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom