• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so want to do this:
Interview from above said:
Sean: Alright so we're eating this meal, it was me, my brother, my mom, and one of Nick's friends. And Nick's like "save a little room cause I've got a surprise for you." and I'm just like "yeah whatever" and my mom and I are like "yeah okay, Nick's probably going to take us to some Korean pastry shop and get us some donut that you can split with a fork or something." We leave there, and then they take us to another sit-down restaurant and it looks like the exact same thing, We're kind of like "what are we doing here?" then Nick asked for two bottles of soju and puts those down, and we're like "you took us somewhere to get us a $1 soju?" and then they set down this platter of octopus tentacles that are still wiggling and writhing.

Jesse: <while laughing> holy crap.

Sean: Apparently what they do is they cut the head off an octopus, and it freaks out the nervous system on the octopus, and the tentacles still wiggle despite the fact that there's nothing attached to them. So they set down these things and they start wiggling and I'm like "AHHH! AHH!" and he says "alright now you eat it, but you've got to make sure to chew it really because the little suckers on it still work, and they'll stick to your throat if you don't chew it really really hard, and if it does stick to your throat then take a shot of soju because that's what makes it release" and I'm like "AHH!" and I put it in my mouth and it's squirming and I'm like "AHH! AHH!" and I'm trying to chew it and it's all rubbery and freakish. Like my brother's just eating it. It doesn't even have a flavor, it's just sort of rubbery and cartilage-y, but it feels like a battle, rather than a meal. So I just ate it and I was like "Oh God!" and they slowly start to calm down and then if you touch them they just start wiggling around, it's just freaky man!

Sean admitting what most have been thinking for the longest time. I mean I am sorta fine with the balance right now save for early scouting but something does feel off.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Deadman said:
Didn't read, but I gotta agree with day9 in that Zerg quote. I primarily blame the limited amount of builds Zerg can realistically pull off, but also the fact that T and P became more Zerg like in SC2 compared to SC1.

Yeah, and the Roach is dumb. Give us the Tier 1 Hydra back and make up a better anti armor Tier 2 unit.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
is cute how day9's opinion on zerg 180'd once he started playing, all those poor silver leaguers from months ago need to find someone else to quote next time. :p

Neki

ahoyhoy said:
Didn't read, but I gotta agree with day9 in that Zerg quote. I primarily blame the limited amount of builds Zerg can realistically pull off, but also the fact that T and P became more Zerg like in SC2 compared to SC1.

Yeah, and the Roach is dumb. Give us the Tier 1 Hydra back and make up a better anti armor Tier 2 unit.

lurker?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Ultimoo said:

I would honestly love the Lurker back, though I could see toss RAAAGIN bout it because it would require them to actually get detection against Zerg.

It would likely make the game imbalanced, though, especially if Hydras go back to 1 pop. If they're 2 and the range upgrade requires Lair tech, perhaps it'll be better.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so nerf hydra damage and cost along with the pop decrease. nobody wants modern sc2 hydras at tier1 with modern roaches at tier 2.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Pandaman said:
so nerf hydra damage and cost along with the pop decrease. nobody wants modern sc2 hydras at tier1 with modern roaches at tier 2.

I don't know who wants modern roaches in any form, to be honest. The entire "burrow to health regen" thing is a gimmick that never gets used. If they somehow gained the ability to auto-burrow at certain health, then it would be imba. Right now, it's totally useless compared to the equivalent blink/stim of its 1.5 kin.

pieatorium said:
also make them not light

Also this. Make them armored if you must, though making them Normal would be much better.

Fuck, why can't they just bring back the SC1 damage system? People weren't confused about the system itself, Blizz, it's merely because you kept it a damn secret to everyone who didn't have the Strategy guide or access to online forums.

zoukka

ahoyhoy said:
I would honestly love the Lurker back, though I could see toss RAAAGIN bout it because it would require them to actually get detection against Zerg.

Any Toss that doesn't get detection versus a Zerg, is a dead Toss. U trippin.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
wow meeru, that place looks amazing.

you know a place is classy when you're taking photos to remember the bread bowl. :p

zoukka

A lot of White-Ra POV games with the man himself analyzing the stuff.

I reckon it's a must watch for all the Brotos.

(tho his lack of wall-off against zergs is painful to watch)

Holden

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Any word on when Protoss will have to pressure to win yet?

Pandaman said:
when t and z are strong enough to make them work for it.
so never.

yAbZn.png

i ll post the korean one if you want, its even worse :D

Holden

Hey, Starcraft2Gaf.

If you're serious about 1v1, come join us, Team Gaf! We play reguarlly 1v1 and train ( Mostly me and panda atm ). We'll coach you any race, i'm master protoss and panda is master zerg. We might troll you but you should end better at the end :D. So if you're willing to take starcraft 2 a better degree and want to join to do better in GAF tourny then join TEAM GAF!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hugoboss21 said:
Hey, Starcraft2Gaf.

If you're serious about 1v1, come join us, Team Gaf! We play reguarlly 1v1 and train ( Mostly me and panda atm ). We'll coach you any race, i'm master protoss and panda is master zerg. We might troll you but you should end better at the end :D. So if you're willing to take starcraft 2 a better degree and want to join to do better in GAF tourny then join TEAM GAF!
My name is pandaman and this is my favourite post in the citadel.

mcrae

Hugoboss21 said:
Hey, Starcraft2Gaf.

you know... i may just have to take you guys up on this. my latest string of losses.. 7 in a row i think? as a gold level zerg really pissed me off. i float wayyyy too many minerals too, i think. and infester control is just barely making a showing.. they still dont always get their own hotkey lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dooraven said:
Wait Panda is in Masters now? If so Congrats.
Old news :/

Birdman02

Hugoboss21 said:
Hey, Starcraft2Gaf.

I might have to take you up on this. It feels like I've slipped a bit lately, and I could use some coaching. I'll have to see if I can get a mic working for mumble though.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
How many active newbies and beginners are there here in SCII-Gaf? I've had my account since launch but never played online before... Never had the guts really.

Hugoboss21 said:
Hey, Starcraft2Gaf.

What time are you guys usually on. I have yet to recover from my long break; still in diamond but I've lost so much Blizz keeps putting me against top level plat players. And I'm barely 50% against them lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Thnikkaman said:
How many active newbies and beginners are there here in SCII-Gaf? I've had my account since launch but never played online before... Never had the guts really.
the active newbies probably outnumber the active good people.

WedgeX

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:
Hey, Starcraft2Gaf.

The coaching (and subsequent getting destroyed) has made me fear playing plats much less.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Pandaman said:
the active newbies probably outnumber the active good people.
I should really just man up and get the campaign finished. Everything about playing SCII online just seems totally impossible for for me to understand, like it's math and flowcharts. Still there seems to be a great community here.

Gvaz

Banned
I tried playing my (then plat) friends, but I lost every time playing as terran.

I guess I just don't get this game. I was hoping for more of a RON/AOE rts but this just shits all over me.

mcrae

Thnikkaman said:
I should really just man up and get the campaign finished. Everything about playing SCII online just seems totally impossible for for me to understand, like it's math and flowcharts. Still there seems to be a great community here.

as someone who is admittedly not a great player (see a couple posts up) but still knows how to play online, i'd be happy to play some games with you to get you into the groove of things

Songbird

Prodigal Son
mcrae said:
as someone who is admittedly not a great player (see a couple posts up) but still knows how to play online, i'd be happy to play some games with you to get you into the groove of things
That's much appreciated, I'll keep it in mind.

cdyhybrid

Hugoboss21 said:
Hey, Starcraft2Gaf.

I wish I had more days off! I'll try and get in on that Zergy goodness whenever possible! (I'm GoodMourning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom