• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...can I join TeamGAF? You know you love me, I'm Awesome! Plus, I really need help getting out of bronze, at least assuming Thursday night wasn't a fluke.

GAF.AA
GAF.Awesome
GAF.AwesomeA

Which one?

Oh, and is there any interest in a fun mini tournament tonight amongst anyone on. All levels welcome, and since we are playing for pride, if we don't finish, then fuck it!

BigAT

Awesome Animals said:
So...can I join TeamGAF? You know you love me, I'm Awesome! Plus, I really need help getting out of bronze, at least assuming Thursday night wasn't a fluke.

GAF.AA
GAF.Awesome
GAF.AwesomeA

Which one?

Oh, and is there any interest in a fun mini tournament tonight amongst anyone on. All levels welcome, and since we are playing for pride, if we don't finish, then fuck it!
GAF.Awesome.PRIME

Tntnnbltn

:eek: The fabled GAF mumble chat!

(Whenever I go to audio configuration it just makes wailing screams at me, so I shant tempt faith by trying to talk)

Birdman02

Awesome Animals said:

GAF.AA
GAF.Awesome
GAF.AwesomeA

Which one?

I agree with BigAT...GAF.Awesome.PRIME.

I'll play if I'm actually able to get on tonight. What time are you planning on starting?

EDIT: Looks like I won't be home tonight. Maybe next time!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Tntnnbltn said:
:eek: The fabled GAF mumble chat!

(Whenever I go to audio configuration it just makes wailing screams at me, so I shant tempt faith by trying to talk)
I got that on my desktop, and I think it's the fan noise that does that for me.

WedgeX

Banned
After training from Panda and Holden, this is how I play against Zerg.

Me, my marines mauraders and medivacs and a thor or two because I love them v. roaches and mutas

More from laddering, this time standard 2rax expand + some okay harassing (....before I watch the replay, of course).

So I started playing more again, at first I played a bunch of games with Terran in team games and it kinda felt fun, so I rolled with Random in 1v1 for a while. Turns out, TvT and TvZ are fucking hard and I got demoted to Gold.

Now I'm rolling Zerg only (my previous main race was Protoss) and it's been a blast. ZvT is so fun to play. I guess I got lucky as well, almost only had long macro games in ZvT so far (got cheesed once, died to a timing push with Stim another time but that was it) which are definitely my strength.

In ZvP I haven't really found a definitive strategy yet. I've played around with some Baneling drops + Roach/Infestor play against the AI but having nothing to shoot air is not great, lots of Protoss have gone pretty heavy air against me. I really don't like building Hyrdas though and a Spire takes years to build.. I think I'm going to get a bunch of queens and early Evo chamber and just try to scout more. From what I've seen from MrBitter and IdrA streaming, they do a lot of drops and Nydus play, which looks really, really awesome but seems kinda hard to pull off.

hoverX

Hugoboss21 said:
Hey, Starcraft2Gaf.

If you're serious about 1v1, come join us, Team Gaf! We play reguarlly 1v1 and train ( Mostly me and panda atm ). We'll coach you any race, i'm master protoss and panda is master zerg. We might troll you but you should end better at the end :D. So if you're willing to take starcraft 2 a better degree and want to join to do better in GAF tourny then join TEAM GAF!

I'm horrible at SC2 but really want to get better. I prepping for an interview at the moment but once that's over i want to get back into playing online.

So, anyone interested in helping me in my match-ups. I'm shit in all of them pretty much. I'm having a lot of trouble on when to expand a second time, and beyond. And pushing, I don't know when to push, and I don't know how to contain. Pretty much I'm complete shit :/

Keikaku

Awesome Animals said:
So, anyone interested in helping me in my match-ups. I'm shit in all of them pretty much. I'm having a lot of trouble on when to expand a second time, and beyond. And pushing, I don't know when to push, and I don't know how to contain. Pretty much I'm complete shit :/

I'm game. Say 10 minutes?

jersoc

oh my. finally started to play again. played the 1 match and got into sliver. probably going to get rocked :|

i was bronze all last season and had like a 40% win rate

WedgeX

Banned
jersoc said:
oh my. finally started to play again. played the 1 match and got into sliver. probably going to get rocked :|

i was bronze all last season and had like a 40% win rate

Get on the neogaf channel, and on mumble! It makes the pain that much easier to handle.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone know the Korean characters for Foxer. Can't find it anywhere in any of the VODs... only Boxer/Marineking :(

Yoshichan said:
Anyone know the Korean characters for Foxer. Can't find it anywhere in any of the VODs... only Boxer/Marineking :(
GSL spoilers

should cheer for MMA in the upcoming semifinals of the Super tournament, because if MKP makes it, he ain't going to Dreamhack

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheThunder said:
GSL spoilers

should cheer for MMA in the upcoming semifinals of the Super tournament, because if MKP makes it, he ain't going to Dreamhack
I know. I don't wanna talk about it.

Trickster

TheThunder said:
GSL spoilers

Bahahaha, that's golden. Poor yoshi, must be so conflicted.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I tried to play zerg yesterday for the first time ever. It was also the first time playing SC2 since September last year.

I have no idea what the fuck i am doing, Thank goodness for player 2 and holy check massing stalkers and practising his 4 gate :D

I do find the race interesting though. Part of me wants to try and become good at it, I'm 100% sure that will never happen.

With everything starcraft, I just get lost at the start. It's like, what the hell am i meant to do and when the hell do i do it? Pool or gateway goes down when? Probes/drones, How many? I have to expand, Oh crap when is that? Wait how many units of whatever is good? I need to scout so i can try and see what tech he is going so i can counter it, Wait i need to know counters?

*brain explodes*

Yoshichan

Trickster said:
Bahahaha, that's golden. Poor yoshi, must be so conflicted.
When I found out about it, I had to (literally) take a walk outside for 45 minutes. It made me feel like shit for the whole day, I've gotten over it now though.

jersoc

Yoshichan said:

the closest you could probably get is the korean word for fox. there's no f and i'm pretty sure no x in hangul. so i dont think you can just spell it out.

Yoshichan said:
When I found out about it, I had to (literally) take a walk outside for 45 minutes. It made me feel like shit for the whole day, I've gotten over it now though.

No offense, but are you a girl or something? I don't get the Foxer obsession thing. There are plenty of dudes I'd loove to meet, but I can't see myself going crazy over it...

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:

Are you a girl or gay? I mean I guess it's somewhat understandable if you have a super crush... then it's just a lil stalkerish creepy and whatevs, but if you are a straight male and are THIS deep into someone then I'm generally concerned about when you meet him. <_<

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Played vs a Gold Protoss on Bel'Shir as Zerg.
Made 160 drones and killed him with 20 2/2 hydras and 15 corruptors. Just kept throwing 20 hydras at a time. It was pretty funny.

Keikaku

Yoshichan said:

Look Yoshi, I mean this in the best possible way but you might want to get some help. That is genuinely creepy.

Hazaro said:
Played vs a Gold Protoss on Bel'Shir as Zerg.
Made 160 drones and killed him with 20 2/2 hydras and 15 corruptors. Just kept throwing 20 hydras at a time. It was pretty funny.

You are a better Zerg than me. God damn it.

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
Are you a girl or gay?
PhoenixDark said:
No offense, but are you a girl or something?
._____.

I'm spending lots of money to travel to Dreamhack + ticket and I'm not really interested in seeing anything else. I'm not a creepy person, I just want to see him in real life - it's something I've been wanting to do since season 2. So I'm pretty desperate to meet him because I feel that this will be the only time he'll travel to Sweden and if he decides not to come, I've pretty much spent so much money (and other resources) for nothing. I have no interest in seeing other SC2 players in real life.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
._____.

I'm spending lots of money to travel to Dreamhack + ticket and I'm not really interested in seeing anything else. I'm not a creepy person, I just want to see him in real life - it's something I've been wanting to do since season 2. So I'm pretty desperate to meet him because I feel that this will be the only time he'll travel to Sweden and if he decides not to come, I've pretty much spent so much money (and other resources) for nothing. I have no interest in seeing other SC2 players in real life.

That wasn't a confirmation of if you are a lady or gay though.

Your explanation for wanting to meet him is fine and dandy, but the 45 minute walk thing is a bit creeper in my book.

Let it rock Yoshi. We need a fabulous SC2 player like Ricky Ortiz. <3

a176

Banned
Yoshichan said:
._____.

is someone helping to pay for your ticket

Yoshichan said:
._____.

Don't listen to the haters. I totally support your mancrush. I once had it big time for Christian Bale. :D

(I haven't played SC2 as much as I've wanted lately, but I will play more from now on. I look forward to some more tips from you in the future. :) I think I'm gonna change to Protoss by the way. I just like their units so much.)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
pieatorium said:
why's it look like dogshit

they were streaming LoL off of webcam, this is just a restream of the chinese feed, for the games however the english caster will be streaming in HD

Mairu

HolyCheck said:
they were streaming LoL off of webcam, this is just a restream of the chinese feed, for the games however the english caster will be streaming in HD
Guess not :p

What a shit arrangement they made with ICCup ;(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Keikaku said:
Look Yoshi, I mean this in the best possible way but you might want to get some help. That is genuinely creepy.

You are a better Zerg than me. God damn it.
I only had 115 or so when the game ended. A lot died to phoenix (Which I didn't care about since I can just make more drones). Luckily he killed my 5th (at his 4th) and freed up like 20 food in drones so I could have like 30 hydras out!

http://www.mediafire.com/?hj3ukth8vb43tvc

Zergs lmk what I can improve on. He was super passive and I have 0 fear of taking advantage of that and going into a macro game.
One thing I feel proud of is creep spread and queens.

This game I was pretty decent with my injects and upgrades. Scouting could have been better, maybe more army movement as well. I sort of got stuck on the D key though.

Game 2 I lost to him since I make 95 drones in 3 base and died. I'm as good as ret.
Game 3 I won with that 8 roach -> ling thing you do. I saw a forge expand and killed him.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
omg, game 2 loveCD pauses due to lag and says GG, the commentators say try? and talk him into not gg'ing.. he goes on to win the game

onto game 3! 1 - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom