• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
just to let eu gaf know, i got a pass and im visiting you guys :p

your neogaf chat is empty! for shame
there is eu gaf ?
i didn't know that.

there is a reason you see me play most of my games nowdays in NA , eu gaf is non existense.

ksan

Pandaman said:
just to let eu gaf know, i got a pass and im visiting you guys :p

your neogaf chat is empty! for shame
lol, was a long time ago I saw more than 3 people at the same time in that channel, still I pop it up every time I go online

V_Arnold

Won said:
I always forget that this game has something that we can call chat channels now.

You are not the only one: when you are online, Blizz greets ya with "500 people in chat channels, 500.000 people online" message. Huh, such a MOST WANTED feature :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
there is eu gaf ?
i didn't know that.

there is a reason you see me play most of my games nowdays in NA , eu gaf is non existense.
im so used to always having someone there, it was weird being alone. :p

ksan

zoukka said:
Active? You aren't in GAF channel when you are online :b
Probably because the only discussion going on there is either zerg whine or seldom ChronicleX coming on when he's on crack, and neither of those happen very often anymore...

BigAT

Pandaman said:
you can be placed into diamond now? did that change with masters?
Yep.

I think you might actually be able to get placed in Masters now, wasn't Yoshi saying he got placed there in one of the team leagues?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zlatko said:
Let it rock Yoshi. We need a fabulous SC2 player like Ricky Ortiz. <3
I like Ricky Ortiz too :D
a176 said:
is someone helping to pay for your ticket
Nope.
Sniper McBlaze said:
Don't listen to the haters. I totally support your mancrush. I once had it big time for Christian Bale. :D

(I haven't played SC2 as much as I've wanted lately, but I will play more from now on. I look forward to some more tips from you in the future. :) I think I'm gonna change to Protoss by the way. I just like their units so much.)
Christian Baaaaaaaaale &#9829; &#9829; &#9829;

Don't worry about it btw!!! We've all had our breaks with SC2. Take your time, and when you come back; have more fun than ever :)! Changing to protoss is cool as hell!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
fuck it yoshi, even if he's not there, imagine the great time you'll have and all the great games you'll get to see!

theres always other tournaments, it's not like he's nestea and will retire in the next 10 years!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HolyCheck said:
fuck it yoshi, even if he's not there, imagine the great time you'll have and all the great games you'll get to see!

theres always other tournaments, it's not like he's nestea and will retire in the next 10 years!
Definitely! I keep telling myself this won't be the last time Foxer comes to Europe, but a small part of me thinks the other way. I really, really want him to win against MMA... but I also really, REALLY want him to lose ._.

BigAT

Interesting. I guess Complexity had enough money from their other games (I remember them having one of the better Counter-Strike teams) to essentially buy the ROOT roster. I don't really see what else they would have to offer, considering their Starcraft division was abysmal before this move.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Deadly said:
Someone on TL posted something interesting. What the fuck is going to happen to the EG master's cup?
Ive always wondered about gsl team league now that it will last long. I can see some teams not lasting the whole season.

I just played my Season 2 placement match PvZ on Shakuras. I know this is probably a late one. Long story short I lost, and got placed back into Plat.

I flubbed my probe movement in the opening trying to get a split, but caught up in terms of army value. I was on the offensive, keeping the zerg contained to 2 bases, until he did a ling rush of my natural. He attacked me on two fronts and I was so busy microing near his base that I didn't even notice my nat until it was over (At least I did an okay job of force fielding his roaches :p). He honestly probably could've taken my whole base, but he just attacked moved the lings to my natural and they stopped there. After that I tried to reestablish, but he quickly got like 5 bases and overran me.

I realize now that if I had just shifted forward a bit, I could've kept him from sneaking any units out. I got too used to my first proxie pylon.

BigAT

Any Zerg players have any tips on how to deal with Stalker/Colossi from Protoss? My Spire production is constantly late which is something I need to work on, but even with that I can't really find a good unit composition to deal with it very well. Roach/Corruptor functions well enough, but still doesn't feel especially efficient.

mcrae

BigAT said:
Any Zerg players have any tips on how to deal with Stalker/Colossi from Protoss? My Spire production is constantly late which is something I need to work on, but even with that I can't really find a good unit composition to deal with it very well. Roach/Corruptor functions well enough, but still doesn't feel especially efficient.

either you sneak your infesters around and neural the collosus with good positioning so they dont die right away, or you sneak your corrupters around with good positioning so they dont die right away

zoukka

BigAT said:

Engage early and often so that they don't get too many blink stalkers. It gets kinda hard to kill them at some point. Fungal can help, but blink stalkers are pretty good at sniping infestors.

Baneling drops look effective, but are risky as hell.

Getting rushed as a Protoss is so hard. :( Especially if it's Zerg. Do you have a good video or some tips on what I have to do to defend against a rush?

Aylinato

BigAT said:
If you know how to do baneling drops dring an engagement you can destroy the stalkers pretty good.

You could also use roaches/hydras and just pick away at the deathball and then reinforce with mutas(saving up gas obviously) and reinforce with lings. An instane of this is the incontrol games against lasira

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BigAT said:
drop banelings on the colossi.

Aylinato

Sniper McBlaze said:
Getting rushed as a Protoss is so hard. :( Especially if it's Zerg. Do you have a good video or some tips on what I have to do to defend against a rush?
If they r zerglings rushing u build ur gateway at 12, allows for you to chrono out two zealots by the time a 10 pool comes, gets 2 zealots out against a 6pool an doesn't mess up your cybercore

ksan

BigAT said:
have better eco than the toss and go roach/infestor (get upgrades)
probably the easiest way if you have some idea of the timings and you don't want to micro that much (just keep the infestors behind your roaches lol)

Went to bed thinking about SC, woke up thinking about SC. Won my first game then proceeded to lose 6 in a row - all against high level plat players (I'm diamond) before winning a ZvZ and calling it quits.

When the ladder reset I really thought I would make it to masters this season. But after so many breaks from the game, I doubt I'll recover anytime soon. Hell, I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm even supposed to be diamond given my inability to even go 50% against top plat players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom