• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
pd, you just have to work through these times. breaks hurt but once you work through them you'll be stronger than ever.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hugoboss21 said:
Team gaf needs to login, so we can play some goddamn games.

BEEN WAITING ALL GODDAMN DAY!
rml3z9.jpg

zoukka

PhoenixDark said:
Went to bed thinking about SC, woke up thinking about SC. Won my first game then proceeded to lose 6 in a row - all against high level plat players (I'm diamond) before winning a ZvZ and calling it quits.

When the ladder reset I really thought I would make it to masters this season. But after so many breaks from the game, I doubt I'll recover anytime soon. Hell, I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm even supposed to be diamond given my inability to even go 50% against top plat players

SCII is a hard ass game to play "every now and then".

Some of you guys might have seen some of my puny terran replays.

Now I just won a game as a Protoss. What race should I stick with? Do I have potential with Protoss? I know my game is kind of crappy at the moment, but what did I do good and what is the thing that need most improvement? How come I won against this guy?

http://www.mediafire.com/?axscey4ew34qr3v (PvP)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazaro said:
I only had 115 or so when the game ended. A lot died to phoenix (Which I didn't care about since I can just make more drones). Luckily he killed my 5th (at his 4th) and freed up like 20 food in drones so I could have like 30 hydras out!

http://www.mediafire.com/?hj3ukth8vb43tvc

Zergs lmk what I can improve on. He was super passive and I have 0 fear of taking advantage of that and going into a macro game.
One thing I feel proud of is creep spread and queens.

This game I was pretty decent with my injects and upgrades. Scouting could have been better, maybe more army movement as well. I sort of got stuck on the D key though.

Game 2 I lost to him since I make 95 drones in 3 base and died. I'm as good as ret.
Game 3 I won with that 8 roach -> ling thing you do. I saw a forge expand and killed him.
plz analyze
Sniper McBlaze said:
Some of you guys might have seen some of my puny terran replays.

Now I just won a game as a Protoss. What race should I stick with? Do I have potential with Protoss? I know my game is kind of crappy at the moment, but what did I do good and what is the thing that need most improvement? How come I won against this guy?

http://www.mediafire.com/?axscey4ew34qr3v (PvP)
Would help if you mentioned you were red.

Your gateway was faster by 65 seconds.
He got a forge, made cannons, 4 gate, and 6 extra pylons after making a grand total of 5 units.
You actually made stuff from your 2 gateways, then added 2 (a bit late) to keep up with econ.
You recognized you were floating high on minerals so you expanded and threw down 3 robos to make 3 immos and pushed.

Basically your opponent invested 2000 minerals in stuff that didn't help him at the right time.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corran Horn said:
There is OT thread already for this.

In his defense, the thread did get locked.

The article itself is pretty well written though I wish they would've used different pictures.

Pandaman said:
drop banelings on the colossi.

How do you do drops like this? When i watch pro players they fly the overlords over the opposing army and drop off one baneling at a time whilst still moving.

I have no idea how to do this and it sucks because i am trying to branch out from the standard roach corrupter.

PhoenixDark said:
Went to bed thinking about SC, woke up thinking about SC. Won my first game then proceeded to lose 6 in a row - all against high level plat players (I'm diamond) before winning a ZvZ and calling it quits.

When the ladder reset I really thought I would make it to masters this season. But after so many breaks from the game, I doubt I'll recover anytime soon. Hell, I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm even supposed to be diamond given my inability to even go 50% against top plat players

I feel this way pretty often and thats because i can go weeks without playing. The fact is if you're constantly having large breaks you won't be playing anywhere near the standard you should be.

You still belong in diamond but you can't just expect to play at the same level after returning from a decent break.

Mairu

pieatorium said:
Interesting, FXO would make sense for Slush and Kiwi, Slush should have gotten one of the code A invites and having a top teir Toss would help them in the team league.
Slush has already denied the Code A invite apparently, said on stream awhile ago. I am fairly certain FXO is getting one of them though considering they were talking about another pickup a week or two ago

a176

Banned
AdventureRacing said:
How do you do drops like this? When i watch pro players they fly the overlords over the opposing army and drop off one baneling at a time whilst still moving.

I have no idea how to do this and it sucks because i am trying to branch out from the standard roach corrupter.

I feel this way pretty often and thats because i can go weeks without playing. The fact is if you're constantly having large breaks you won't be playing anywhere near the standard you should be.

You still belong in diamond but you can't just expect to play at the same level after returning from a decent break.

click unload on the overlord itself

So, Panda is a 34 year old, balding, out of work programmer who uses MLP to self medicate?

Good to know :)

With that said, where can I find the first episode?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Awesome Animals said:
So, Panda is a 34 year old, bald, out of work programmer who uses MLP to self medicate?

Good to know :)

With that said, where can I find the first episode?

Right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiWmGnXvOR8

The first and second episodes aren't really indicative of the whole show. I recommend watching "Swarm of the Century," "Dragonshy," and "Ticketmaster" to really get a feel for the show.

And to keep it on-topic, MKP is getting stomped tonight.

Yoshichan said:
How could anyone even watch that shit...

I felt the same way before I started watching.

Give it a try and see for yourself.

Awesome Animals said:
P.S. How is this shit on Youtube?

Hasbro doesn't care if more people watch their show.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan said:

I love cartoons, especially Powerpuff Girls, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Specifically, I think many children's cartoons do a great job of discussing complex topics in simpler terms. Sometimes this can be ineffective, and it comes off as meh, other times it is extremely effective and becomes woah! In either case, it is the summer, I need to catch up on A Game of Thrones, and I can only handle one series show at a time from my backlog. I can plow through a light-hearted, children's animated series relatively quickly and be the better for it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pankaks said:
Give it a try and see for yourself.
No, no, no. Not going to happen... people think I'm weird enough.

Narag

Awesome Animals said:

It's a marketing tool to drive merchandise sales. This gives it more (and free) exposure which Hasbro is ok with as otherwise it's relegated to their satellite channel.

WedgeX

Banned
Was facing a marine + tank build.

Been using yabot 1.4 (thanks keikaku!) to work on my build orders. Decided to try out the MMM timing drop on the ladder. Pulled it off only kind of successfully, other T scouted me and somehow guessed at my drop and had tanks deployed around his cc.

Kept dropping occasionally and expanding. His army came within striking distance, and it looked like he had me outnumbered in tank and marines. Then the army just walked away, into the sunset, never to be seen again.

Watch the replay for the exciting outcome!

mcrae

Awesome Animals said:

hes in his mid twenties...i think

and doesnt have a ridiculous receding hairline.. as of a year ago

btw stop tapping your desk or whatever it was making your mic to come on for 1 second at a time every 5 minutes next time im on mumble
if im not on tap away and annoy the shit out of everyone else though, thats cool. lol

WedgeX

Banned
mcrae said:
hes in his mid twenties...i think

and doesnt have a ridiculous receding hairline.. as of a year ago

btw stop tapping your desk or whatever it was making your mic to come on for 1 second at a time every 5 minutes next time im on mumble
if im not on tap away and annoy the shit out of everyone else though, thats cool. lol

Says the guy who had commercials for vector marketing blaring over his mic.

<3

Yoshichan

4 hours to go... I'm feeling sick ._.

Q8D3vil

i installed new ssd drive just to figure out the that i had 2 rams that are not working properly :/

hopefully 2 gb of ram is enough to play sc2 in 60 fps.

Yoshichan

2 hours...

Aaaaaand that makes it the 38th hour without sleep. Man, I am pathetic.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Jesus arises again to Earth in the body of MMA and destroys MKP.
Jesus destroyed no one when He was in Earth! There was only love.

Yoshichan

Hugoboss21 said:
GomTvTvTvT

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I've said it before and I'll say it again... TvT - the only balanced match up in SC2 right now.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
You must love djwheats wife. She has a foxer fan made poster thing.
I don't love women, sorry ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom