• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Liquid Helium said:
Are the ladders broke? Me and a friend did our 2v2 placements and got placed diamond. I thought you couldn't place any higher than platinum from placement matches. Also, me and him have never been in a league that wasn't bronze. I take it the ladders are broke and we didn't just become awesome players overnight.

How many placement matches did you win?

TSL were one of the first korean teams to get salaries, Fruitdealer and Trickster were $30k+ a year iirc, would think Rain being long time code S and former runner up he would have been getting something decent.

ultron87 said:
How many placement matches did you win?
4 out of the 5, and looking at it now some of the people we beat were diamond league, maybe we are diamond quality somehow, but I bet we just got lucky with who we played.

BigAT

Liquid Helium said:
Are the ladders broke? Me and a friend did our 2v2 placements and got placed diamond. I thought you couldn't place any higher than platinum from placement matches. Also, me and him have never been in a league that wasn't bronze. I take it the ladders are broke and we didn't just become awesome players overnight.
You can place into Diamond now, since they introduced Masters to the ladder.

zoukka

Liquid Helium said:

In 2v2 -diamond translates roughly to silver in 1v1 :b

nilbog21

Banned
Hazaro said:
It seemed alright. Maybe cut your streaming FPS to 22 or 24, decrease quality for resolution.
More upload is what you need though. You said you have a 1000kbps UL right? Run it at 800.

thank you sir

This tweet from Slasher says it all. Asia has been kicking America/Europe ass and taking white dudes money.

Still have Quake and Counter Strike I guess.

Past 7 days: Koreans 1-3 at #MLG, 5/10 top spots #NASL playoffs, Japan win #RevLA & CEO2011 w/ Marvel, Korea/China 1-4 #StarsWars. GG World.

Japan taking a major in Marvel on US soil is HUGE though. EVO should be bananas this year.

V_Arnold

TheThunder said:
This tweet from Slasher says it all. Asia has been kicking America/Europe ass and taking white dudes money.

Still have Quake and Counter Strike I guess.

Japan taking a major in Marvel on US soil is HUGE though. EVO should be bananas this year.

To be honest, americans were crazy thinking that just because only US players bothered with MVC2, the japanese will suddenly suck compared to them in a brand new game. Especially not someone like Tokido.

Deadly

TheThunder said:
I remember reading one of the fighting game tournament threads and everyone was saying there was no way US would lose at MvC3 :lol

Q8D3vil

V_Arnold said:
To be honest, americans were crazy thinking that just because only US players bothered with MVC2, the japanese will suddenly suck compared to them in a brand new game. Especially not someone like Tokido.
well, it was a matter of time, japan are the best in exploiting broken stuff ( mvc3 is the most broken fighting game ever).

V_Arnold said:
Well, when you dominate a game for a decade it's hard not have that in-printed in your head, especially when Japan always takes SF for free and american players say "we'll always have Marvel", If they don't wake up now next thing you know it will be "we'll always have Halo":lol

but yeah Tokido is ridiculous.

Goes to a tournament, plays in all 4-5 games at that tournament, get top 8 in each single one. Dude's amazing.

Deadman said:
OK youshi you win

Fuck this shit, there are some magazine racks about to be knocked !!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
the fight to see who's the nicest!

also

Dear GOMTV.net users:

We are looking for new talents that are ready to be a part of GOMTV's Global Business Division!

You need to have passion for the game (SC2), and be currently staying in (or able to stay in) Korea legally.

As a member of the Global Team, you will be managing the GOMTV.net website and monitor the live broadcasts.

The Global Team is different from our eSports Team and focuses more on the management side of the business.

For more information please contact support@gomtv.net.

Thank you.

GOMTV.net

I would so apply if i didnt just take a job in another city..

TheThunder said:
Well, when you dominate a game for a decade it's hard not have that in-printed in your head, especially when Japan always takes SF for free and american players say "we'll always have Marvel", If they don't wake up now next thing you know it will be "we'll always have Halo":lol

but yeah Tokido is ridiculous.

Goes to a tournament, plays in all 4-5 games at that tournament, get top 8 in each single one. Dude's amazing.

I wonder what kind of Marvel technology Daigo is going to whip out at EVO and show everyone what is up.

Such a shame that MLG Anaheim is the same weekend as EVO. As much as I love watching Starcraft, EVO is way more hype.

GomTV job posting

Fuck it. I'm going to email them, I'd love to move to Korea.

Edit: What would it require to be able to move to/stay in Korea legally?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
ShallNoiseUpon said:

I assume just an ability to get a working visa, shouldn't be too hard if you're from an America / Euro / Australia

Pandaman said:
Luckily none of the zerg I've played since I learned 3gate sentry have ling play like sheth. I haven't gotten pressure like this ever.

I would probably cannon up my natural harder than this dude in this situation.

Edit: I would've loved to see phoenixes come out as the anti-muta, with colossus and zealots on ground. Those stalkers are just getting destroyed.

Aylinato

so i have a blister on my right hand on my middle finger from going to the golfing range and forgetting my baseball gloves. it hurts, and its almost impossible for me to get used to typing with one less finger

ShallNoiseUpon said:
I wonder what kind of Marvel technology Daigo is going to whip out at EVO and show everyone what is up.

Such a shame that MLG Anaheim is the same weekend as EVO. As much as I love watching Starcraft, EVO is way more hype.

Don't even remind me about that shit dude. Still pissed off since I've barely manged 2 Starcraft streams now I have to mange those + 2 EVO streams !!

I only care about AE/MvC but I know they will clash with starcraft.

ShallNoiseUpon said:

Doing it too. The girlfriend would be pissed if I got the job, haha. She gets back from Spain July 1st after ten months. I could talk her into Korea though :)

Aylinato said:
so i have a blister on my right hand on my middle finger from going to the golfing range and forgetting my baseball gloves. it hurts, and its almost impossible for me to get used to typing with one less finger

baseball gloves?

How many balls did you hit to get a blister? I don't think that has ever happened to me.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If you want to live in Korea easily then just teach English, you get paid well and get free accommodation. They're going to get so many emails, should have just posted the info on their site, think I'll email them also.

Ikuu said:
If you want to live in Korea easily then just teach English, you get paid well and get free accommodation. They're going to get so many emails, should have just posted the info on their site, think I'll email them also.

Yea, I thought about doing that when I graduated, but I got a job. That is what the girlfriend has been doing in Madrid. She loves it, and will probably go again in a few years depending on how life shapes up. It is something I want to do in a few years as well, I just want to see how my current job develops for me. I'll do the JET program though. So nice, and I have an 'in' already :)

Aylinato

Awesome Animals said:
Yea, I thought about doing that when I graduated, but I got a job. That is what the girlfriend has been doing in Madrid. She loves it, and will probably go again in a few years depending on how life shapes up. It is something I want to do in a few years as well, I just want to see how my current job develops for me. I'll do the JET program though. So nice, and I have an 'in' already :)

BigAT

Syphon Filter said:
Hey does anyone have Starcraft 1 and diablo 2 digitally? Do they have install limits?
I have both and I don't believe there is. Well, I had the physical discs but have tied them to my Battle.net for convenience. I recently redownloaded SC/BW and didn't see anything anywhere about install limits.

V_Arnold

Keikaku said:
Is this Terran the stream sniper you were talking about? On Typhon Peaks?

Not sure which one it was, but he deliberately asked if Idra was streaming. Wonder where you might go with that, huh :D

But even if he does not, the question itself is trying to mess with Idra's head :D

Keikaku

Well either this Terran, Light, is some unsung genius of scouting or he's watching the stream. Some of his movements seem a bit suspect.

Keikaku

Awesome Animals said:
What about the current super tournament? I ask because I know the GSTL is getting ready to start up.

It's the same for GSTL, Super Tournament, World Championship or regular seasons. You get the VODs forever. Additionally, they are usually uploaded withing 5-8 3-6 hours of initial broadcast, sometimes quicker.

Deadly

Decided to check what Inside the Game is all about and it pretty much seems like the Q&A on State of the Game during the whole time, which is pretty lame. Can't believe incontrol left SotG for this =( . Hope JP gets a good host to replace him.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Deadly said:
Decided to check what Inside the Game is all about and it pretty much seems like the Q&A on State of the Game during the whole time, which is pretty lame. Can't believe incontrol left SotG for this =( . Hope JP gets a good host to replace him.
Its not as much fun since there isnt as much gossip since Inside the game actually has sponsors (all the same as EG) while state of the game was more free form.

BigAT

Corran Horn said:
Its not as much fun since there isnt as much gossip since Inside the game actually has sponsors (all the same as EG) while state of the game was more free form.
I doubt Inside the Game will ever have a show where being drunk is mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom