• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jersoc

a176 said:
at your level ... can start with speedling expand build every game.

one thing though with the extractor trick ... do 10 drones, overlord first, then extractor trick.

the build is: extractor at 14 drones, spawning pool at 14 drones, drone until 15 and then an overlord. when the pool finishes, you should have enough money and supply to start a queen and 6 zerglings.

you'd want to pull your drones off the gas when you hit 100 gas; begin speedling research immediately.

because you'll have zergling speed, it becomes alot easier to get to the enemy ramp to take a peek and see what their up to and proceed with the matchup more carefully, and also take watchtowers.

alright, thanks.

jasonng

mcrae said:
my inject management is so fucking bad. i love the minimap so i just click my bases on it, click my queen, v, click hatch, then repeat. its so slow when i compare to some of the pros :(

but i gotta ask... why do you involve esc in your injects?
Not sure if it's you or another Gold Zerg that I obs but either you or someone else had their queens all under one hotkey and the hatches in another. I used to do that for the longest time (4 for all queens and 5 for hatches) and used the minimap to inject. I had really piss poor larve management because of it. I finally forced myself to put all hatches under 4 and main queen on 5, natural expo queen on 6, and so on. Now I inject with so much ease it's ridiculous how my performance is dramatically improved. Now I have to work on my macro to keep my larve count low. Seriously try it, it may help you a ton.

Bonus (but not necessary): I pair up the hatch and the queen under the same hotkey. For example my main hatch and queen would be under 5 so when I hit 5 twice it brings my screen to the center of that hatch. Works for me.

butts

I follow Psy's method, all hatches on one hotkey (I use 5), then on each base select your injecting queen for that hatch and then select that hatch and bind them both to the next hotkey up. Do that for all of your bases (so for me it is 6 home, 7 natural, 8 is 3rd etc). That way you can 66vclick, 77vclick, 88vclick and you center back on the hatch for a quick look. I used to use the all queens on one hotkey method but I ended up messing things up all the time. This way you have a hotkey to make mass units and then separate hotkeys for each base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc-GwhjSn-k

butts

jasonng said:
This is exactly what I'm explaining. Link is easier to understand.

I just realized after posting I wrote essentially the same thing you did :)

It really is the best method IMO, I tried the all in one and the minimap spawning and both were way inferior.

Deadman

nilbog21 said:
coL is such a noob team..

lol ppl still play broodwar? SAVIOR of all people?!? didn't he get banned from the game?

Yeah hes banned from all kespa competitions and i think gom said they will be carrying be ban over.

a176

Banned
butts said:
I follow Psy's method, all hatches on one hotkey (I use 5), then on each base select your injecting queen for that hatch and then select that hatch and bind them both to the next hotkey up. Do that for all of your bases (so for me it is 6 home, 7 natural, 8 is 3rd etc). That way you can 66vclick, 77vclick, 88vclick and you center back on the hatch for a quick look. I used to use the all queens on one hotkey method but I ended up messing things up all the time. This way you have a hotkey to make mass units and then separate hotkeys for each base.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc-GwhjSn-k

a good tip is use hatch ("town hall") selection key, backspace. i rebinded it to tilde, so i can literally scroll through my hatches.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
nilbog21 said:
coL is such a noob team..

lol ppl still play broodwar? SAVIOR of all people?!? didn't he get banned from the game?
Its not like blizzard banned him from the game lol. He just cant compete in professional tournys.

V_Arnold

4: All hatches
0: All Queens
W: Tab between hatches, "center" camera but do not mess with the selection

Inject:
0wvclickwclickwclick..*n.

Easy, fast, safe.

BigAT

I have all my Queens on one hotkey, then I bound "cycle Hatcheries" (traditionally backspace) to one of my mouse buttons. Hit the hotkey for all the Queens, then alternate with V and cycling through the Hatcheries to inject each.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What a fine day today's been. I got to talk about everything that's been going in my mind to a very sweet friend I have. I stopped drinking. It felt so damn good. I'm attending Dreamhack.

Yoshichan said:
What a fine day today's been. I got to talk about everything that's been going in my mind to a very sweet friend I have. I stopped drinking. It felt so damn good. I'm attending Dreamhack.

Yay! That's great to hear Yosh!

Spl1nter

Yoshichan said:

Good to hear!

Was the friend real or imaginary?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yoshichan said:
Sounds good.

Dont quit on the drinking though. It calls for you. I hear my fridge wanting me to open a new beer every day ;;

hoverX

Yoshichan said:

Glad you came to terms with things.

TheCrow

Yoshichan said:
Good to hear you worked things out. Hope you end up having a great time at Dreamhack.

Yoshichan said:

Good to hear Yoshi. Enjoy yourself :)

Narag

Yoshichan said:

Have fun!

jasonng

Yoshichan said:

p1NYD.gif

In celebration we must attend:

lOAXv.png

Really I don't know why I need to post this, anyone can. Gaf Night will go on regardless. Panda must be on tonight! A good number us (including me) finally gave MLP a chance and discussions must be discussed.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>

<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Star Battle>
<City of Tempest>
<Mafia>
<MineralZ>

Mumble + Stream
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'd love to talk to some GAFers... but I'm staying in Teamspeak/Ventrilo :/

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Mumble is so much better than either of those, not sure why they're so popular still.

Yoshichan

jasonng said:
Come oooooooooooooooooon. Join us, it's where you belong. You know it to be true.
It'll be weird, since I can't join the games with you guys (EU, remember) ._.
Sniper McBlaze said:
You given up on SC2? :/ Long time since you've been online and I need someone who can teach me some tricks.
I lost a lot of passion lately, but I'm charging up again. Are you online right now, sir?

Yoshichan

Awesome Animals said:
I wish you were NA with us Yoshichan.
I will be joining NA soon, hopefully! :)

Yoshichan said:
It'll be weird, since I can't join the games with you guys (EU, remember) ._.

I lost a lot of passion lately, but I'm charging up again. Are you online right now, sir?

I was! Could go back online for an hour or so. But I don't want to force you to play until you feel like it. :)

Yoshichan

Sniper McBlaze said:
I was! Could go back online for an hour or so. But I don't want to force you to play until you feel like it. :)
It's been such a long time now... I really feel like logging in.

Yeah, I think I'll do that right now!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
hoverX said:
If i want in on this what do I have to do?

Join the NeoGAF channel on the US server and bitch at Splinter for an invite.

IceMarker

I think I'm just gonna leave Starcraft II GAF completely for a while, let someone else host the Summer Invitational, of course I would still manage the thread and brackets.

Yoshichan

As usual Sniper McBlaze, was nice speccing/playing some games with you!! Good stuff tonight man~

Meeru

Banned
MrMister said:
I think I'm just gonna leave Starcraft II GAF completely for a while, let someone else host the Summer Invitational, of course I would still manage the thread and brackets.
Some other game in your mind? :3

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MrMister said:

*HUG*

:( Don't leave us dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom