• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've been drinking pretty much every day now. Drunk 24/7, love it. Kind of.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
congrats twofold, that's pretty damn awesome.

30470.jpg

mcrae

i dont understand any of the panels in that comic, lol.

was just watching about 40 minutes of sheth streaming (hes doing a 24hour marathon for doctors without borders. 345 local time/EST and had 3500 viewers) and he seems like a real genuinely nice guy, i like him.

mcrae said:
i dont understand any of the panels in that comic, lol.

was just watching about 40 minutes of sheth streaming (hes doing a 24hour marathon for doctors without borders. 345 local time/EST and had 3500 viewers) and he seems like a real genuinely nice guy, i like him.

Sheth is fucking adorable.

as for Cocoshoo... I don't... just no.

jersoc

hey guys, noob starcraft here.

so I just got 4 rax early pressure twice in a row. I lost horrible my first game because I didnt scout it. I barely just held it because I did spot it.

I play zerg.

In the second game I quickly put down 2 spines and massed up lings, but greatly underestimated just how many units were coming. I held it off just by massing enough lings but he almost killed him and killed almost all my drones before that. I assume I had the correct course of action in response? Just sucked at the execution lol.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
jersoc said:

so I just got 4 rax early pressure twice in a row. I lost horrible my first game because I didnt scout it. I barely just held it because I did spot it.

I play zerg.

In the second game I quickly put down 2 spines and massed up lings, but greatly underestimated just how many units were coming. I held it off just by massing enough lings but he almost killed him and killed almost all my drones before that. I assume I had the correct course of action in response? Just sucked at the execution lol.
2 spines is not enough

replays help

V_Arnold

jersoc said:

I play zerg.

Well, I can give you two advice for this:
1) Place ALL your lings between your base and your opponents, but out of their way. You would want to engage the marines when they go inside your spine range so they cant dance behind you, because lings will come behind, spines from front
2) I would suggest this: once you see at least two rax, simply put down the baneling nest. Once that engagement happens, if you come with your lings from behind, you can move 2 banelings and kill 10-20 marines with it, because they cannot back away at that point.

a176

Banned
jersoc said:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TXJNC0NN

i'm lowly silver.

thanks for the advice.

at your level ... can start with speedling expand build every game.

one thing though with the extractor trick ... do 10 drones, overlord first, then extractor trick.

the build is: extractor at 14 drones, spawning pool at 14 drones, drone until 15 and then an overlord. when the pool finishes, you should have enough money and supply to start a queen and 6 zerglings.

you'd want to pull your drones off the gas when you hit 100 gas; begin speedling research immediately.

because you'll have zergling speed, it becomes alot easier to get to the enemy ramp to take a peek and see what their up to and proceed with the matchup more carefully, and also take watchtowers.

HolyCheck said:
Thorzain not knowing he's competing in the GSTL...

Him and his entire team are wtf'ing about where the announcement came from.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=233643

All that post did is reveal that Gomtv.net can reveal the future.

In othe GOMtv.net news, the position they spoke about yesterday is updated.

Dear GOMTV.net users:
We are looking for new talents that are ready to be a part of GOMTV's Global Business Division!
You need to have passion for the game (SC2), and be currently staying in Korea legally.
As a member of the Global Team, you will be managing the GOMTV.net website and monitor the live broadcasts.
The Global Team is different from our eSports Team and focuses more on the management side of the business.

Status
Recruiting

Job Description
Management and Operation of GOMTV.net

Monitoring of Live Broadcast

Translation

Qualifications
Fluent in English

Bachelor's Degree

Decent Computer Skills (Office Software)

Creative and Enthusiastic Mind

Good Communication Skills

Passion for eSports

Good work ethic

Note
Somebody already living in Korea is preferred

Period
June 14th, 2011 ~ Until hired

Please send your resumes and inquires to support@gomtv.net

Thank you.

GOMTV.net

via GOMtv.net

I think I'm actually going to send them my resume. This could be a cool and big opportunity.

Q8D3vil

Aylinato said:
alright enough picking on yoshi

anyway, any patches coming up? (mostly the one they said would fix the input error reached bug)
nope, but they really should fix the damn "invite" spam thing as soon as possible, damn bnet 2.0.

i guess no koreans want to spent their money on tickets, but as long as bomber is there i'm sold. i'm sure he want to redeem himself over what happened in mlg.

Q8D3vil said:
i guess no koreans want to spent their money on tickets, but as long as bomber is there i'm sold. i'm sure he want to redeem himself over what happened in mlg.

Is that the reason why they aren't coming, the plane tickets are too expensive? I keep seeing them all dropping out, and I never inquired as to why.

Q8D3vil

Awesome Animals said:
Is that the reason why they aren't coming, the plane tickets are too expensive? I keep seeing them all dropping out, and I never inquired as to why.
dreamhack is huge and everything but i think they have to win in order make it worth their while. some koreans have a legit reasons like NADA who is having an exam in the same week.

you can notice that ST guys are still in it probably because they have the motivation + torch being part of the team makes everything way easier.

Awesome Animals said:
Nada has final exams, MKP has to help his teammate for the final of the biggest GSL yet.

Inca, anypro and FD have not provided a reason (publicly at least). I heard DJWheat saying it could be Visa issues, they could also be the cost of the plane tickets since DH isn't providing those and if their teams are not willing to send them, they wouldn't probably pay out of their own pockets.

Rubashov

I've picked up an annoying habit of negating my hatchery rally points. At least this is an improvement over my previous habit of accidentally hitting escape and cancelling lair upgrades... Both stemmed from poor inject management. I gotta work on a smoother system.

mcrae

Rubashov said:
I've picked up an annoying habit of negating my hatchery rally points. At least this is an improvement over my previous habit of accidentally hitting escape and cancelling lair upgrades... Both stemmed from poor inject management. I gotta work on a smoother system.

my inject management is so fucking bad. i love the minimap so i just click my bases on it, click my queen, v, click hatch, then repeat. its so slow when i compare to some of the pros :(

but i gotta ask... why do you involve esc in your injects?

Haunted

complexity acquiring ROOT

ex-ROOT players and Spades making a new team

FXO recruiting Koreans

Naniwa and Thorzain playing together with Moon, Lyn and Soccer

4 teams with EU/NA players on the roster in the GSTL (oGs-Team Liquid, F.United, FXOpen, Startale)

crazy times.

Rubashov

mcrae said:
my inject management is so fucking bad. i love the minimap so i just click my bases on it, click my queen, v, click hatch, then repeat. its so slow when i compare to some of the pros :(

but i gotta ask... why do you involve esc in your injects?
I select my queen, center the camera and then try to inject, but I usually do this without checking energy or if the hatch still has larva yet to spawn. So when I'm slacking and my queen has energy before the hatch has spawned it's last round of larva, I end up trying to inject a hatch that can't be injected so I'm stuck in the "choose a hatch to inject" mode.

The smart thing to do here would be to jump to another control group, I suppose. But my first instinct was to hit escape to cancel the targeting mode and that habit set in. Sometimes I do this too fast and I think I'm stuck in targetting mode, but in fact my queen just didn't have enough energy. So when I think i'm clicking the hatch to inject, I'm actually selecting the hatch. I see no inject go off and hit escape out of habit and poof goes the lair upgrade, lol.

I've kicked the escape habit, but it's been replaced it with right-clicking, so it's only created a different problem. Select a hatch on accident, right-click on it, and there goes both of my rally points, oops.

I really just need to pay attention to energy and larva spawn time instead of spamming commands when they're not necessary.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Haunted said:
complexity acquiring ROOT

ex-ROOT players and Spades making a new team

FXO recruiting Koreans

Naniwa and Thorzain playing together with Moon, Lyn and Soccer

4 teams with EU/NA players on the roster in the GSTL (oGs-Team Liquid, F.United, FXOpen, Startale)

crazy times.

dont forget Root+Spades new team recruiting Koreans

TSL Rain quitting a paid salary spot to find a foreign team

I really like the space cycle method for injecting hatcheries where you bind the backspace button to the space button and then have all your queens on one hotkey and you just select them, press v shift space click space click space click.

idk.
its really simple. I like it.

Rubashov

mescalineeyes said:
I really like the space cycle method for injecting hatcheries where you bind the backspace button to the space button and then have all your queens on one hotkey and you just select them, press v shift space click space click space click.

idk.
If you have the fundamentals down to where you know that each hatch needs larva, and each queen has energy to inject, then yea that sounds great.

If you're spammer like me... Queens would be running all over the map.

I will give it a try though, maybe it will force me to pay attention.

mcrae

mescalineeyes said:

idk.

ive set backspace to one thumb button on my mouse, and control group 9 to the other. im trying to remember to group queens in group 9 and use those two buttons, but i never do :/

i use my spacebar too much to bind backspace to it, dunno how you guys dont use it

YakiSOBA

MKP from interview pretty much says if flash/jaedong/et al come to SC2, they will be top tier.

Damn would love to see that happen! Probably won't for a while though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom